The Top 10 H.S. Football Dynasties since 03!!!

3 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

This is all you should remember:

Post game from Coach Dodge "Liberty deserved the win tonight. On this field, for three and a half hours, they were better than we were."

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

He's a class act, he's not going to whine.  I'm posting back and forth with you, not the media nor dodge. You're the one down playing Ehlinger as if he wouldn't have been that much of a factor.

but whatever.  

What one should say depends in large part on the circumstances. 

I would have said the same thing if I were the head football coach. But I'm not.

Like Horsefly suggested: it would have been unseemly for him as the HC to complain that he didn't have his QB. So he wisely didn't complain but gave credit to the team that beat his.

But what the fans say is different, since they have a kind of freedom to contextualize the outcome of the game which the HC doesn't have. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

That's right.

And injuries are also part of how we evaluate the outcome of football games. 

Gorman beat DeMatha last year. And during the course of that game the Stags lost several prominent players. Including their 5 Star RB Marshawn Lloyd. The Stags just plugged another back in and kept on fighting. It was a close game until the 4th quarter. I never heard one complaint from Malibu Nick or Big Drop. Or a coulda woulda shoulda excuse from them. 

Football is a rough sport. Some teams and fans know how to deal with that and move on. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

2) You should enjoy that you live in Indiana and that you have one of the top 10 leagues in America. The MIC is loaded with good teams and talented kids. Historically the MIC has placed teams in the top 25 final national rankings of multiple rating agencies

8 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

And I'm not dismissing Liberty's win. It means something. But it would have been more impressive if Westlake had had their starting QB. So I guess in a sense I am downgrading it. But rightfully so. 

Wow I give Indiana credit for having a great league filled some of the best teams from the Midwest. And you are fixated on putting down the Liberty Patriots from little Nevada. Why? 

Do you have any connection or pride to your home state? You and @whiteshoes should be giving us updates on MIC football. 

1 hour ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

What was the name of the offense that Coach Dunn ran while at ECA? It was a spread offense with the QB always lined up about ten yards back from center. It was quite unique for that time. Thanks! 

That was the name of the offense.

"QB with rocket arm lines up 8 yds from center and throws darts all over the field"

The WR did not have a rocket arm. Evangel had a replacement QB but the LHSAA ruled him ineligible before the season started. Kid from Texas. That was a blow too. Kid had practiced with Evangel the entire off season.

"McKinney, TX QB ineligible at Evangel 
August 7, 2003 -- The Louisiana High School Athletic Association ruled today that former McKinney North quarterback Geoff Nixon, who left the North Texas high school last spring to enroll at Shreveport (La.) Evangel Christian, will not be eligible to play for the Eagles during his senior season this fall."

So, the plans were:

Plan A- Booty

Plan B- Texas kid 

Plan C- WR

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

What was the name of the offense that Coach Dunn ran while at ECA? It was a spread offense with the QB always lined up about ten yards back from center. It was quite unique for that time. Thanks! 

I called it the Puntgun Formation...

I think it was Dunn N Gun maybe?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

It should be said. 

DLS's win would have meant a lot more if Booty had been with the team. There's no doubt about that -- at least not in my mind.

Evangel still made it to the LA state championship game, which I know they lost. But who knows how their season would have gone if they had had their star QB. I'm guessing that it would have gone better than it did. And I'd hope that other reasonable, well-informed football fans would say the same.

That was a great DLS team...

I doubt ECA wins with Booty, but he would have made it more interesting.

Losing a 5* and #1 rated QB is never a good thing. You don't replace those talents with a WR.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Gorman beat DeMatha last year. And during the course of that game the Stags lost several prominent players. Including their 5 Star RB Marshawn Lloyd. The Stags just plugged another back in and kept on fighting. It was a close game until the 4th quarter. I never heard one complaint from Malibu Nick or Big Drop. Or a coulda woulda shoulda excuse from them. 

Football is a rough sport. Some teams and fans know how to deal with that and move on. 

If you keep posting that it was a monumental win, then it’s going to be placed in perspective. 

Its been 2 years,  move on. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

I know Tony Sanchez didn’t get to BG til 08 or 09? But Bishop Gorman should be in the top 10. 

Bishop Gorman NV is #75, tied with Cibolo Steele TX.

I figured Colquitt would be better than #146 also. And Grayson at #154. Both really only started getting good around 2009 ... And both have 2 State Titles since 2003 ... Colquitt (2014, 2015) & Grayson (2011, 2016)

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Bishop Gorman NV is #75, tied with Cibolo Steele TX.

I figured Colquitt would be better than #146 also. And Grayson at #154. Both really only started getting good around 2009 ... And both have 2 State Titles since 2003 ... Colquitt (2014, 2015) & Grayson (2011, 2016)

If we went with the "what have you done for me lately" mantra and went to just the last decade, this dynasty rating would look pretty different.

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

If we went with the "what have you done for me lately" mantra and went to just the last decade, this dynasty rating would look pretty different.

The real question is who gives a shit? 

Miami High and Coral Gables each have 4 National Chanpionships a piece from 50-75 years ago. 

So what the hell would me posting that saying no team without at least 4 MNC is on par with those teams? 

What teams did in 2003 doesn't mean shit now. DLS is the number 1 team but gets their skirt lifted every single oos game they play. So their myth has been exposed. 

Seems kinda pointless 

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:20 AM, Horsefly said:

That's bc Bingham doesnt have strong competition in state, Texas does along with a few other states.  

Here are a few name brand teams texas has played (only 2 texas teams either won or played in the title game that season. TX went 14-10)  22/24 opponents went back and either won their state title or played in it.  

STA

plant

miami central

cocoa (2)

MNW

miramar

glades central

chaminade

bingham

bellevue (2)

DLS

Hoover

BG

union (6)

Jenks (2)

Bentonville, AR

Not trying to burst your bubble because your point is valid either way, but Miramar did not make the state final in 2010.   They lost in the second round to Northeast 21-12.   They did however win state in 2009.

22 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Not trying to burst your bubble because your point is valid either way, but Miramar did not make the state final in 2010.   They lost in the second round to Northeast 21-12.   They did however win state in 2009.

I know they didn't.  They are one of the (2) out of the 22/24 teams that didn't make the finals the year they played texas.  Cocoa in 2011 was the other. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2018 at 8:20 AM, Horsefly said:

That's bc Bingham doesnt have strong competition in state, Texas does along with a few other states.  

Here are a few name brand teams texas has played (only 2 texas teams either won or played in the title game that season. TX went 14-10)  22/24 opponents went back and either won their state title or played in it.  

STA

plant

miami central

cocoa (2)

MNW

miramar

glades central

chaminade

bingham

bellevue (2)

DLS

Hoover

BG

union (6)

Jenks (2)

Bentonville, AR

Sir you Forgot Rockhurst, MO   they lost to Abilene and lost in MO. Semi-Finals.  They were a dynasty in America during that time period. Also WM, JC and ECA to many times.

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Sir you Forgot Rockhurst, MO   they lost to Abilene and lost in MO. Semi-Finals.  They were a dynasty in America during that time period. Also WM, JC and ECA to many times.

Absolutely.  I only limited it to a few as the list would have gotten long.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Absolutely.  I only limited it to a few as the list would have gotten long.

With all the noise about Texas OOS   If you took the texas big 8 over the last 15 years and look at their combined OOS record it's pretty awesome.  Minimum 2 OOS games. since 2004

Allen 7 - 0: including 2 state Champs and 2 State runner ups.  From 4 Southern States (SEC SEC)

Trinity:  8 - 3:  CA, UT, LA, AR(2), (Champs beaten) 2 losses to All time teams Jenks and Bellevue by 10 pts

Abilene: 5 - 1:  LA(2) Plant, Rockhurst  (lost 24-21 to Cocoa)

Desoto:  7 - 1:  ECA MD, Jenks, Union, Miramar (lost to IMG) finished 6-6 Martin beat them just as bad in Wk 1

Skyline 2 - 2:  Ridgeway, TN and Cocoa:  Lost to STA and Glades Central

Cedar Hill 1 - 2:  LaSalle, OH  lost to BTW and BG:  Texas teams did the same thing these teams did to them.

SLC 4 - 2:  Union (2), BA, ECA Lost to MNW and Union

Katy 2 - 0:  Cypress Bay and Bellevue  Combined score: 66-23

Combined record:  36 - 11  (13 State Champs beaten) and Several Runner ups to include SC, FL 

And if you throw in the Lobo's rampage it would look much worse. 

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

With all the noise about Texas OOS   If you took the texas big 8 over the last 15 years and look at their combined OOS record it's pretty awesome.  Minimum 2 OOS games. since 2004

Allen 7 - 0: including 2 state Champs and 2 State runner ups.  From 4 Southern States (SEC SEC)

Trinity:  8 - 3:  CA, UT, LA, AR(2), (Champs beaten) 2 losses to All time teams Jenks and Bellevue by 10 pts

Abilene: 5 - 1:  LA(2) Plant, Rockhurst  (lost 24-21 to Cocoa)

Desoto:  7 - 1:  ECA MD, Jenks, Union, Miramar (lost to IMG) finished 6-6 Martin beat them just as bad in Wk 1

Skyline 2 - 2:  Ridgeway, TN and Cocoa:  Lost to STA and Glades Central

Cedar Hill 1 - 2:  LaSalle, OH  lost to BTW and BG:  Texas teams did the same thing these teams did to them.

SLC 4 - 2:  Union (2), BA, ECA Lost to MNW and Union

Katy 2 - 0:  Cypress Bay and Bellevue  Combined score: 66-23

Combined record:  36 - 11  (13 State Champs beaten) and Several Runner ups to include SC, FL 

And if you throw in the Lobo's rampage it would look much worse. 

Can you break down the home vs away record of that 36-11? Thanks 

14 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Can you break down the home vs away record of that 36-11? Thanks 

You know everyone is dying to come and play us.  Plus if we travel it would still be a home game because we would bring more fans. 8 of the games were on the Road are a Neutral site. 5 - 3:    ET is 1 -2  Skyline 0-1  SLC 2 - 0 Desoto 2 - 0 🤣

For further info.  Texas high beat Findley OH 44-21.  Tyler Lee lost to Colerain 21-12.  Klein Forest beat Howland 27 - 6.  So Texas is 2-1 on the Road in Ohio.  Many teams travel it's the big boys that stay home because they can. 

Our Privates have been to Fl, Ca, IL, La and all the way to freaking Ireland.  Aledo goes on the road to Play Bentonville at Neutral site