The Top 10 H.S. Football Dynasties since 03!!!

14 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Gorman beat DeMatha last year. And during the course of that game the Stags lost several prominent players. Including their 5 Star RB Marshawn Lloyd. The Stags just plugged another back in and kept on fighting. It was a close game until the 4th quarter. I never heard one complaint from Malibu Nick or Big Drop. Or a coulda woulda shoulda excuse from them. 

Football is a rough sport. Some teams and fans know how to deal with that and move on. 

From the tone of your post, it almost seems like you think you're disagreeing with me. But everything you say here is consistent with everything I've said.

Is there some point you want to make that is inconsistent with a point I've made?

15 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Football is a rough sport. Some teams and fans know how to deal with that and move on. 

Yes.

Now take Horsefly's advice, and move on. 

11 hours ago, Horsefly said:

If you keep posting that it was a monumental win, then it’s going to be placed in perspective. 

Its been 2 years,  move on. 

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

With all the noise about Texas OOS   If you took the texas big 8 over the last 15 years and look at their combined OOS record it's pretty awesome.  Minimum 2 OOS games. since 2004

Allen 7 - 0: including 2 state Champs and 2 State runner ups.  From 4 Southern States (SEC SEC)

Trinity:  8 - 3:  CA, UT, LA, AR(2), (Champs beaten) 2 losses to All time teams Jenks and Bellevue by 10 pts

Abilene: 5 - 1:  LA(2) Plant, Rockhurst  (lost 24-21 to Cocoa)

Desoto:  7 - 1:  ECA MD, Jenks, Union, Miramar (lost to IMG) finished 6-6 Martin beat them just as bad in Wk 1

Skyline 2 - 2:  Ridgeway, TN and Cocoa:  Lost to STA and Glades Central

Cedar Hill 1 - 2:  LaSalle, OH  lost to BTW and BG:  Texas teams did the same thing these teams did to them.

SLC 4 - 2:  Union (2), BA, ECA Lost to MNW and Union

Katy 2 - 0:  Cypress Bay and Bellevue  Combined score: 66-23

Combined record:  36 - 11  (13 State Champs beaten) and Several Runner ups to include SC, FL 

And if you throw in the Lobo's rampage it would look much worse. 

No Texas team did the same thing BG did to CHill... As badly as you wished it was so.

9 minutes ago, Ararar said:

True but the facts seem to suggest that there would be a lot less Texas chest thumping if they left home and played by different rules 

it's odd you quip about Texas pride when we have threads started by CA stating we must watch CA football if we want to see real football. Hypocritical much?

could say the same for CA, if CC traveled OOS at all, if MD traveled more, if other non elite CA teams traveled, there would be less chest thumping.  

go watch CA football and chill, I promise texans won't interrupt your threads and CA love fest

45 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

it's odd you quip about Texas pride when we have threads started by CA stating we must watch CA football if we want to see real football. Hypocritical much?

could say the same for CA, if CC traveled OOS at all, if MD traveled more, if other non elite CA teams traveled, there would be less chest thumping.  

go watch CA football and chill, I promise texans won't interrupt your threads and CA love fest

Don’t blame that thread on me I didn’t start it.California travels as much or more than any state and always attempts to play the name brands from all over the country.You preach context and that’s all I was doing by stating the obvious about DD post on Texas OOS record 

11 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Don’t blame that thread on me I didn’t start it.California travels as much or more than any state and always attempts to play the name brands from all over the country.You preach context and that’s all I was doing by stating the obvious about DD post on Texas OOS record 

We didn't start the threads either, do you see the texas chest thumping thread?  Me neither.

😂 No you don't, fla travels far more.  Your best public (CC) hasn't been out of the state, MD just started the OOS craze LAST SEASON.  Stop acting asthough you all are the globetrotters.  SJB caught the sails a few years back when they went to NJ, and that's been the depth of CA traveling.   

21 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

We didn't start the threads either, do you see the texas chest thumping thread?  Me neither.

😂 No you don't, fla travels far more.  Your best public (CC) hasn't been out of the state, MD just started the OOS craze LAST SEASON.  Stop acting asthough you all are the globetrotters.  SJB caught the sails a few years back when they went to NJ, and that's been the depth of CA traveling.   

😂😂 Florida played 85 OOS games last year California played 155 which probably means California played as many away games as Florida played games.Thats no dig at Florida I actually agree they Are probably the most accomplished state in OOS games.

Just now, Ararar said:

😂😂 Florida played 85 OOS games last year California played 155 which probably means California played as many away games as Florida played games.Thats no dig at Florida I actually agree they Are probably the most accomplished state in OOS games.

Like I said, you guys are late comers when national level teams are involved, which has been the whole point.  No one cares about bordering state games. Smh

55 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Mission  and DLS played in the Herbstreit Classic in Cincinnati.  SJB played and soundly beat St. X in Cincinnati a couple of years ago.

Ryan Mallet had the best stiff arm I saw the year that his squad beat Findlay in Cincinnati.  Put a kid in the earth.

12 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Geez man, you're going in circles.  How many of those were at home and were longer than 3 years ago?  I clearly said traveling more is recent for you guys.

LBP was in Florida 10 years ago ,DLS has been to N.J. ,Florida,Ohio and Washington.MV to N.J. Norte Dame to Texas.Crenshaw to Georgia all more than 3 years ago.you don’t seem to know these basic facts

4 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Mission  and DLS played in the Herbstreit Classic in Cincinnati.  SJB played and soundly beat St. X in Cincinnati a couple of years ago.

Ryan Mallet had the best stiff arm I saw the year that his squad beat Findlay in Cincinnati.  Put a kid in the earth.

Yep, I know about mission, DLS and SJB, which is why I said that they have a recent and limited history of their top teams playing OOS.  I didn't take the effort to list them all. But it's far from fla and NJ.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ararar said:

LBP was in Florida 10 years ago ,DLS has been to N.J. ,Florida,Ohio and Washington.MV to N.J. Norte Dame to Texas.Crenshaw to Georgia all more than 3 years ago.you don’t seem to know these basic facts

I asked for the games listed genius!  You know the ones you were flapping those lips about:  STA,  IMG, BC and colquitt.  

37 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I asked for the games listed genius!  You know the ones you were flapping those lips about:  STA,  IMG, BC and colquitt.  

You’re chasing your tail.First you suggest it’s only border states and I prove you wrong.Then it’s new to the OOS game and I prove you wrong again.now it’s back to border states lol.Fine, those 4 games were 2 at home and 2 away as it should be

52 minutes ago, Ararar said:

You’re chasing your tail.First you suggest it’s only border states and I prove you wrong.Then it’s new to the OOS game and I prove you wrong again.now it’s back to border states lol.Fine, those 4 games were 2 at home and 2 away as it should be

You post CA played 155 OOS games of course most of those will be border games, no one was talking border games as we all play them.

you brag about playing IMG, STA, colquitt and BC, I asked if any of THOSE had been played outside the past 10 years and were at HOME ( I already knew the answer)  you then post the some other game.   Smh

youre a waste of my time, all that matters between Texas and CA was this latest game.  😂

Good night

IMG_1473.JPG.500f60e23e081d71e78a66166278c1db.JPG

• Haha 1

Damn rather than arguing you guys should appreciate what each State brings to the table.  The top teams from Cali and TX are usually the best IMO because they always have great QB's, execution, etc - real fun teams to watch especially offensively.  The South has by far the best defensive players and if the top teams there get a good defensive coach to make them a unit good luck (though this is rare) -  on offense they are typically inferior to Cali and TX because they just rely on speed and individual gamebreakers (usually awful QB and special team play - particularly in FL)    The midwest and east tend to be balanced & well coached just not quite as good overall.  These different regional attributes are to me what make  up the greatest game in the USofA!

I'm fortunate to see a great deal of HS ball - I'm a strength coach and also assist with recruiting for an FBS school

• Thanks 1
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Damn rather than arguing you guys should appreciate what each State brings to the table.  The top teams from Cali and TX are usually the best IMO because they always have great QB's, execution, etc - real fun teams to watch especially offensively.  The South has by far the best defensive players and if the top teams there get a good defensive coach to make them a unit good luck (though this is rare) -  on offense they are typically inferior to Cali and TX because they just rely on speed and individual gamebreakers (usually awful QB and special team play - particularly in FL)    The midwest and east tend to be balanced & well coached just not quite as good overall.  These different regional attributes are to me what make  up the greatest game in the USofA!

I'm fortunate to see a great deal of HS ball - I'm a strength coach and also assist with recruiting for an FBS school

It’s all good natured smack talk.We can’t do it on the field so here we are lol.excellent post by the way

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ararar said:

It’s all good natured smack talk.We can’t do it on the field so here we are lol.excellent post by the way

I hear you haha thanks.  And no no one beats those dominant Cali teams that come around ala MD this year.  They always have a golden boy type QB that will pick apart HS defenses with ease!  

6 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

I hear you haha thanks.  And no no one beats those dominant Cali teams that come around ala MD this year.  They always have a golden boy type QB that will pick apart HS defenses with ease!  

Or you just cant find a High School defense from California that can. California is not known for great defense.

However... Florida and Georgia are. 

Texas probably has some defenses too, like Allen. But when you think of Texas you also think of offense, not defense.

The teams from Texas and California score more points, and people like you mistake that for better teams. Thats been proven false over and over. 

California is NOT better than Florida or Texas. Cali is extremely top heavy, and then has a lot of #250-1000 type teams... But its loaded down with more bad teams than any other state.

Texas is far better and deeper. Florida also. And GA is right there as far as depth with CA. They just dont appear to be as top heavy most years.

Bring the golden boys to the Southeast. Where actual defense is played... Theres a reason SJB scored 3 points in Florida last year.