New Orleans vs new jersey

RedZone

2 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

According to calpreps....NJ is  6-1 vs NOLA........

Bergen Catholic 35 - 14  John Curtis 

St Peters prep 26 - 21  Warren Easton

Depaul 28 -  19  Edna Karr

SJR 27 - 7  Destrehan 

St Joes Hammonton 35 -  28 John Ehret 

Pope John 28 - 24  Hahnville 

Archbishop Rummel 22 - 21  Don Bosco 

Depending on how Bosco reloaded I’d take Bosco in that game

10 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

And I’ll disagree.  I’ll take the McCourtys  , gallete, Cushing , jabril peppers , minka Fitzpatrick, leonte carroo, Alquadin Mohammed,over any other States 100%

Not trying to knock the BNU buddy as I think it's a great conference.  Just to clarify - it seems like you're going back about 15 years - is that correct?  Other than the first 3  you mention, the others haven't done anything in the NFL yet.  I'm not sure you realize the list that could be made over just a few years(Let alone 15 like you're doing)  from some of the southern urban areas (Miami, Houston, New Orleans, GA, etc) coming from a much smaller population draw than these guys.  By that, I mean they would just be from their city where the BNU is comprised of guys from all over NJ and southern NY. Matter of fact, just the city of Miami alone would probably give you a more impressive roster  than the whole State of  NJ if we made a list (and I'm talking the city limits pop of 450,000 .....Liberty City, Overtown, Carol City, etc)    

I'm friends with B Cushing - I used to train with him at Defrancos and would casually speak about this as a fact.  He would tell you Jersey doesn't touch these areas in terms of football talent but we'll take them on anyway and win.  Again not trying to get in some kind of argument, I just thought it was common knowledge.  

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

And I’ll disagree.  I’ll take the McCourtys  , gallete, Cushing , jabril peppers , minka Fitzpatrick, leonte carroo, Alquadin Mohammed,over any other States 100%

I guess you tell me - and you mention vs any other State (this is just a city).  Immediately outside of MIA you have just as much of an impressive list and haven't even gone anywhere near the distance or population of Rockland County to Edison (the range of your list).  If you bring in Broward County you'll get yet another list just as impressive 

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/sfl-former-miami-dade-county-high-school-players-in-the-nfl-20171006-photogallery.html

9 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

I guess you tell me - and you mention vs any other State (this is just a city).  Immediately outside of MIA you have just as much of an impressive list and haven't even gone anywhere near the distance or population of Rockland County to Edison (the range of your list).  If you bring in Broward County you'll get yet another list just as impressive 

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/sfl-former-miami-dade-county-high-school-players-in-the-nfl-20171006-photogallery.html

What’s your prediction on Grayson vs Bergen?

I wouldn't go against BNU team for the reasons I mention within although I will say BC isn't the traditional BNU team ala a  Toal coached DBP or a Tony K SJR team which is what really attracted me to the conference.  

I'm not sure what Grayson has this year but I think BC will have a tough time.  (I went to BC so no way I'm picking against them lol)         I think BC needs    a) a team they are faster than     or       b)  a team who is unable to keep assignments with the wisdom of the Campanile offensive genius  (comes from Nunz's father MIke - he was a great coach and his brother Vito an unbelievable QB).

I don't think they'll have either of these advantages on Grayson if Grayson is anything like last year

9 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

What’s your prediction on Grayson vs Bergen?

I wouldn't go against BNU team for the reasons I mention within although I will say BC isn't the traditional BNU team ala a  Toal coached DBP or a Tony K SJR team which is what really attracted me to the conference.  

I'm not sure what Grayson has this year but I think BC will have a tough time.  (I went to BC so no way I'm picking against them lol)         I think BC needs    a) a team they are faster than     or       b)  a team who is unable to keep assignments with the wisdom of the Campanile offensive genius  (comes from Nunz's father MIke - he was a great coach and his brother Vito an unbelievable QB).

I don't think they'll have either of these advantages on Grayson if Grayson is anything like last year

16 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Weet...... not another crusader 😫😩😫😵😶

10 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

Not trying to knock the BNU buddy as I think it's a great conference.  Just to clarify - it seems like you're going back about 15 years - is that correct?  Other than the first 3  you mention, the others haven't done anything in the NFL yet.  I'm not sure you realize the list that could be made over just a few years(Let alone 15 like you're doing)  from some of the southern urban areas (Miami, Houston, New Orleans, GA, etc) coming from a much smaller population draw than these guys.  By that, I mean they would just be from their city where the BNU is comprised of guys from all over NJ and southern NY. Matter of fact, just the city of Miami alone would probably give you a more impressive roster  than the whole State of  NJ if we made a list (and I'm talking the city limits pop of 450,000 .....Liberty City, Overtown, Carol City, etc)    

I'm friends with B Cushing - I used to train with him at Defrancos and would casually speak about this as a fact.  He would tell you Jersey doesn't touch these areas in terms of football talent but we'll take them on anyway and win.  Again not trying to get in some kind of argument, I just thought it was common knowledge.  

a man speaking the truth........welcome!

• Like 2

On 7/29/2018 at 8:17 PM, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Bruhhhhh were talking strictly about playing img and MD .. to beat those teams you need 100% mistake free football,,, you will not win those games if you don’t follow your game plan 

Or hire a better recruiting coordinator.

12 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

Most of the elite talent in New Jersey will usually be sprinkled, liberally, among a handful of teams. All private.  The state is front loaded, with some very good teams, with a high concentration of talent on those few. The rest?

19 hours ago, RedZone said:

No, complete liars and morons will be called out until they leave......there is NO place for the amount of lies and untruths that happen on this forum.

People just saying anything doesn't work....

I have many wonderful qualities , but patience isn't one of them. 😄

Guccifer spouts the same nonsense.

Regards

BGW

54 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

Most of the elite talent in New Jersey will usually be sprinkled, liberally, among a handful of teams. All private.  The state is front loaded, with some very good teams, with a high concentration of talent on those few. The rest?

Yea this.  If you look at the great Bosco team a few years back it had 4 of the States 5 All Americans on one team ......that's crazy but illustrates what you're saying.   Once that dynamic stopped at Bosco there awas more parity and the Jersey "dominance" in OOS hit a landslide.  I will say that many of the supporting players on Jersey teams (like Ohio and PA) who are might not be top football talent have wrestling backgrounds (which I am partial to).  Wrestling is a great background and can help in HS football tremendously (changing levels, leverages, grip, overall toughness, etc) but the importance of it fades as you move up in football level where you are just f'd if you don't have the speed and raw talent in most cases.  This is why Miami by  itself can pump more D1 players than the whole State of Jersey - but lets say the top 4 teams from Miami and Jersey play head to head I would be inclined to go with Jersey.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Yea this.  If you look at the great Bosco team a few years back it had 4 of the States 5 All Americans on one team ......that's crazy but illustrates what you're saying.   Once that dynamic stopped at Bosco there awas more parity and the Jersey "dominance" in OOS hit a landslide.  I will say that many of the supporting players on Jersey teams (like Ohio and PA) who are might not be top football talent have wrestling backgrounds (which I am partial to).  Wrestling is a great background and can help in HS football tremendously (changing levels, leverages, grip, overall toughness, etc) but the importance of it fades as you move up in football level where you are just f'd if you don't have the speed and raw talent in most cases.  This is why Miami by  itself can pump more D1 players than the whole State of Jersey - but lets say the top 4 teams from Miami and Jersey play head to head I would be inclined to go with Jersey.   

And to boot that team Alquadine Muhammed in the junior class who was the States best defensive players the following year and Peppers as a soph who could be considered the States best player ever.  That team was so loaded its crazy.  However Toal told me that when they played Manatee, he could tell Manatee was just playing another game compared to  the other teams they played OOS who he could tell were intimidated.  That's a big difference with the South right there - they see teams loaded with athletes all of the time - just another day at the office.  I didn't think that Manatee was that good anyway (definitely not offensively - they barely had any talent on that side of the ball for a typical top FL team(they did the year before) .....they had a couple top flight d-tackles and Toal told me straight up that they manhandled his oline and the offense could barely move which was very rare for a Toal coached Bosco team - especially on the ground.   Their points came off  special teams blunders  and a long bomb - total yards about dead even.  Plus that Bosco defense was lights out 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrecoRoman said:

I didn't think that Manatee was that good anyway

Welcome to the board ..... but going to have to disagree with this point. 

Besides bosco, Manatee only Lost a very controversial game in OT due to ball spot against an undefeated OLGC team on the road in maryland..... that was it. OLGC finished top 10 in the country maybe even top 5. 

2 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

And to boot that team Alquadine Muhammed in the junior class who was the States best defensive players the following year and Peppers as a soph who could be considered the States best player ever.  That team was so loaded its crazy.  However Toal told me that when they played Manatee, he could tell Manatee was just playing another game compared to  the other teams they played OOS who he could tell were intimidated.  That's a big difference with the South right there - they see teams loaded with athletes all of the time - just another day at the office.  I didn't think that Manatee was that good anyway (definitely not offensively - they barely had any talent on that side of the ball for a typical top FL team(they did the year before) .....they had a couple top flight d-tackles and Toal told me straight up that they manhandled his oline and the offense could barely move which was very rare for a Toal coached Bosco team - especially on the ground.   Their points came off  special teams blunders  and a long bomb - total yards about dead even.  Plus that Bosco defense was lights out 

True again.

26 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Welcome to the board ..... but going to have to disagree with this point. 

Besides bosco, Manatee only Lost a very controversial game in OT due to ball spot against an undefeated OLGC team on the road in maryland..... that was it. OLGC finished top 10 in the country maybe even top 5. 

Thanks buddy.  I understand your point ....but they play in a week conference  in Fl terms (Manatee & Sarasota counties).  The only teams they saw from South FL that year they barely eeked by as the matchups were similar to the Bosco and GC games but the breaks went their way and they came out on top (Dwyer and FT Pierce (Ft pierce was decent that year though they are usually middle of the road) ....other than that Manatee didnt play much in State comp at all.   They barely beat Palmetto as well (only by 3) who is just their next door neighbor.  So my point is while they were good no one with a brain could draw any definitive conclusion they were the best in FL - no way in hell, whereas Bosco was the best team in Jersey history and by far in my opinion.   

The Bosco v Manatee stemmed from the year before when they were supposed to play due to Manatee's success the prior year in beating STA.  Manatee was real legit that year - they had explosive playmakers (Q Bundrage  who led Iowa St in receiving and went onto the Texans but tore his ACL and Mike Blakely who was one of the top HS backs in the nation - went to Auburn and never materialized but he was very good).Their defense was also better in the back 7 and I believe the oline was senior laden as well.  (the poor  oline play the following year killed them against Bosco

Manatee people tried to say Bosco backed out in 2010 - that's a bunch of crap, backing out isn't even in Toals vocabulary.  Toal told me he was very impressed with Manatee's defense and they would have been very dangerous if they had offensive playmakers .......they had that in 2010 which is why people try to talk crap about backing out but I know that's not the case.  These games are hard to put together and can fall apart easily

5 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

GC Thanks buddy.  I understand your point ....but they play in a week conference  in Fl terms (Manatee & Sarasota counties).  The only teams they saw from South FL that year they barely eeked by as the matchups were similar to the Bosco and GC games but the breaks went their way and they came out on top (Dwyer and FT Pierce (Ft pierce was decent that year though they are usually middle of the road) ....other than that Manatee didnt play much in State comp at all.   They barely beat Palmetto as well (only by 3) who is just their next door neighbor.  So my point is while they were good no one with a brain could draw any definitive conclusion they were the best in FL - no way in hell, whereas Bosco was the best team in Jersey history and by far in my opinion.   

The Bosco v Manatee stemmed from the year before when they were supposed to play due to Manatee's success the prior year in beating STA.  Manatee was real legit that year - they had explosive playmakers (Q Bundrage  who led Iowa St in receiving and went onto the Texans but tore his ACL and Mike Blakely who was one of the top HS backs in the nation - went to Auburn and never materialized but he was very good).Their defense was also better in the back 7 and I believe the oline was senior laden as well.  (the poor  oline play the following year killed them against Bosco

Manatee people tried to say Bosco backed out in 2010 - that's a bunch of crap, backing out isn't even in Toals vocabulary.  Toal told me he was very impressed with Manatee's defense and they would have been very dangerous if they had offensive playmakers .......they had that in 2010 which is why people try to talk crap about backing out but I know that's not the case.  These games are hard to put together and can fall apart easily

Good info... didn't know about  the two playmakers for manatee the year prior in 2010. 

Manatee's style of play relied on physicality and the bosco and OLGC games were both slugfests. Although manatee's offense might not of been  explosive as the year prior ..... they could of still beat any team in the country on any given night as proven by two close L's to the nation's elite. They would prob never blow out a top 10 -20  team but they could dirty up the game and win it by just by playing tough D maybe create turnovers and a short field while trying to establish the run the behind that o line and bruising qb sandberg.  

As far as 2011 bosco being the best team in history by far.... it would take very physical team to compete with them. 97 SJR and 98 BC could of both given bosco 11 a run IMO. I like the spp 14 team but they weren't stout enough on the lines to beat bosco 11. 

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

Good info... didn't know about  the two playmakers for manatee the year prior in 2010. 

Manatee's style of play relied on physicality and the bosco and OLGC games were both slugfests. Although manatee's offense might not of been  explosive as the year prior ..... they could of still beat any team in the country on any given night as proven by two close L's to the nation's elite. They would prob never blow out a top 10 -20  team but they could dirty up the game and win it by just by playing tough D maybe create turnovers and a short field while trying to establish the run the behind that o line and bruising qb sandberg.  

As far as 2011 bosco being the best team in history by far.... it would take very physical team to compete with them. 97 SJR and 98 BC could of both given bosco 11 a run IMO. I like the spp 14 team but they weren't stout enough on the lines to beat bosco 11. 

Yea definitely.  That's funny you bring up Joe's 97.  Their backfield was great (Svolto and Circiu....year before it was Rego and Circiu!)  They had absolutely no receivers and almost lost to BC because Jim Burt Jr wreaked havoc on their backfield forcing them to pass (or try)    I would have to say Bosco 11 was way ahead of them and would have really blown them out.  Not sure about BC '98 as I don't remember them - was that the team with Lovecchio at QB?  

The Bosco 11 team was so loaded and well coached I just think it was on another level.  Not many from those other teams went on to have any success at the next level whereas the Bosco 11 team had multiple players that did (not that this is my only qualifier but in my opinion it verifies/certifies the level of talent on a single team and the fact they were coached by Toal takes care of he rest.....that is one team I would not want to have to play

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Thanks buddy.  I understand your point ....but they play in a week conference  in Fl terms (Manatee & Sarasota counties).  The only teams they saw from South FL that year they barely eeked by as the matchups were similar to the Bosco and GC games but the breaks went their way and they came out on top (Dwyer and FT Pierce (Ft pierce was decent that year though they are usually middle of the road) ....other than that Manatee didnt play much in State comp at all.   They barely beat Palmetto as well (only by 3) who is just their next door neighbor.  So my point is while they were good no one with a brain could draw any definitive conclusion they were the best in FL - no way in hell, whereas Bosco was the best team in Jersey history and by far in my opinion.   

...I was on the sidelines that day and Manatee's D-line was dominate that day...and two factors that played into that game was the heat and the ref's....the Bosco kids NEVER played in heat like that and the refs. were a disgrace that day and me and the Bosco special teams coach let them have it after the game...we cursed the shit of them and told them what a disgrace they were...and Manatee could have beat any team in the country that year IMO...

• Like 1