New Orleans vs new jersey

RedZone

52 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

...I was on the sidelines that day and Manatee's D-line was dominate that day...and two factors that played into that game was the heat and the ref's....the Bosco kids NEVER played in heat like that and the refs. were a disgrace that day and me and the Bosco special teams coach let them have it after the game...we cursed the shit of them and told them what a disgrace they were...and Manatee could have beat any team in the country that year IMO...

yea I hear you - I can remember some questionable calls that game and agree that Manatee was in the mix with anybody just based on their defense alone. 

• Like 1

Just now, Drummer61 said:

Thank you....I only saw 03 on some film and read about them..I know they had 7-8 first team all state, but they played all instate games...I recall Hansen, SPP coach said,"that team plays on another planet" after Bosco destroyed the 59 to something..

Yea its a long time ago and my memory is shot (lol).  I think that Brian Toal also who was really something.  I can remember seeing Cushing beat them just about himself  (Maybe the following year)  .  

2 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

That game should have ended 29-9 Bosco....

yea I can remember some weird things at the end.  But the telltale for me was that I think Bosco was losing heading into the 4th - no other team  came close to them that year that I remember.  It was also just watching the game - Bosco had a way of really beating the other team down .....they didnt do it in this game by Toal's own admission.  Matter of fact - he told me that he sprinkled in trick plays and had additional ones drawn because he saw how much the offense was struggling.  Said he didnt think that way in any other game that year.   Without Caroo they probably lose and that is my point in the earlier post about the Joe's team who had nothing close to Caroo.  Bosco '11 could run and pass along with one of the best defenses ever

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drummer61 said:

Yes.... He did and after that game Pete Carroll  called him...Off to USC..I saw Cushing in 2004 at Bosco when Bosco won 42-21 and said later, "number 10 barring injury,  will play on Sun"....Toal was one of the best HS players I saw...Broken leg,done..

yea thats right - what a shame that he broke of his leg he was a great player.  I think he went to BC maybe?

4 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I think Bergen is gonna get a taste of some big time physical defense they ain't used to seeing since the Bosco prime days. 

I think it will be a 21-3 type game. 

Maybe 10-3, their Offense is not on par with their defense.

8 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

But the telltale for me was that I think Bosco was losing heading into the 4th - no other team  came close to them that year that I remember. 

BC led bosco going into 4th Q 22-21 in 2011 in the first game they played. 

Just now, Drummer61 said:

A few of us  players from years ago saw the Mission Viejo game at Bosco.....We all greed that they very special....Mission Viejo knew it too..

Yea I was there and you could see the other team was in shock.  That's one thing you'll never get from a FL team particularly the Miami area.    One thing I learned in my years of recruiting is that in FL offensive stars aren't glorified - there is a certain pride on defense and the  mentality is all about flying to the ball and hard hitting.  Some of the other states are more focused on offense which is no big deal.....its just interesting to see the differences in mentality across regions.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

BC led bosco going into 4th Q 22-21 in 2011 in the first game they played. 

Thx I didnt realize that.  I think BC had an awesome offense that year so I would assume they were keeping stride that way (dont know for sure just assuming) where this game was a defensive slugfest and something like 10-9 in the 4th with  Bosco losing.  (this was after Bosco had a couple special team muffs where they recovered inside the teams red zone (I think once inside the 10) and could only muster field goals.  The other team could just barely move altogether 

1 hour ago, GrecoRoman said:

Not sure about BC '98 as I don't remember them -

BC was 18th in country while SJR was 12th going into the game .... BC got up 

35-3 in the meadowlands. Joe’s scored on backups late in the 4th to make it 35-9. 

No weaknesses on that 98 BC team. 

1 hour ago, GrecoRoman said:

Joe's 97.  Their backfield was great (Svolto and Circiu....year before it was Rego and Circiu!)  They had absolutely no receivers and almost lost to BC because Jim Burt Jr wreaked havoc on their backfield forcing them to pass (or try)

Joe’s In 97 didn’t need to throw. They ran the ball down your throat and played exceptional defense. They didn’t need to pass. 

6 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Joe’s In 97 didn’t need to throw. They ran the ball down your throat and played exceptional defense. They didn’t need to pass. 

Yea they really did.  I was saying this with reference to Bosco '11.....they wouldn't have run down their throat (IMO) and would have been forced to pass.  Remember BC shut down their run in the championship at Union (Jim Burt Jr played amazing) and that BC defense wasnt in the same time zone as Bosco '11. 

8 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Your right...I moved to Florida from Ramsey in 1997 and have seen some Florida teams....The ones in Miami Dade get after it.....BTW,MC, Miramar, MNW and others.....Bobby Bowden once said, the best talent is in Mariam Dade"...

Yea exactly....but many coaches have said this.  Yet they dont have to because the numbers prove it .....NFL & college 

Just now, GrecoRoman said:

Yea exactly....but many coaches have said this.  Yet they dont have to because the numbers prove it .....NFL & college 

Its similar to what NYC "USED" to be in basketball.  If a player comes out of Miami you just know he's been mixing it up with D1 and talent.  This is impt as I'm always wary of a 5 star from a crap area b/c he hasnt been tested yet

4 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

Yea I was there and you could see the other team was in shock.  That's one thing you'll never get from a FL team particularly the Miami area.    One thing I learned in my years of recruiting is that in FL offensive stars aren't glorified - there is a certain pride on defense and the  mentality is all about flying to the ball and hard hitting.  Some of the other states are more focused on offense which is no big deal.....its just interesting to see the differences in mentality across regions.  

(raises hand)  Uh, I believe Miami Central was shell shocked when they played Grayson.  At one point, MC had a 4th and 49 I think.  I'm not sure they had ever been in that position. 

33 minutes ago, Fred said:

(raises hand)  Uh, I believe Miami Central was shell shocked when they played Grayson.  At one point, MC had a 4th and 49 I think.  I'm not sure they had ever been in that position. 

On the offensive side of the ball yea no doubt - I've seen many of those teams panic on offense because they're such a mess.  My point is they will bring it in defense - the other team may move the ball, win,  whatever ......I was speaking in terms of mentality and what parts of the game are more focused on in different regions.  

5 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

Remember BC shut down their run in the championship at Union

Not completely. Not true. 

I wish I could say that was the case trust me .... I was on the field. 

BC fumbled at the joes 1 and sjr recovered and BC’s top WR got a concussion in first half and didn’t play after ..... 

both sjr and BC beat Montclair in 97 who was a beast in their own right.

5 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

and that BC defense wasnt in the same time zone as Bosco '11. 

Don’t be mesmerized by few Hs all Americans (whom all didn’t pan out)  .... almost every starter on the BC D in 97 and 98 played some sort of D1 ball. And arguably the best player Burt played baseball at Miami instead of football. 

20 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Don’t be mesmerized by few Hs all Americans (whom all didn’t pan out)  .... almost every starter on the BC D in 97 and 98 played some sort of D1 ball. And arguably the best player Burt played baseball at Miami instead of football. 

I wonder if my math teacher was on that team.. Daniel Distaulo ?

45 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:
1 hour ago, Fred said:

On the offensive side of the ball yea no doubt - I've seen many of those teams panic on offense because they're such a mess.  My point is they will bring it in defense - the other team may move the ball, win,  whatever ......I was speaking in terms of mentality and what parts of the game are more focused on in different regions.  

I guess I should have mentioned that Grayson won 35-3 and walked all over the Miami defense with an offense that was probably 50-50 run/pass.  It could have been worse but that wasn't the way Mickey Conn coached.  We beat them on both sides of the line.  It wasn't even close.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Did y'all play Union back in the day when Tony Stewart was the rb, and that monster middle linebacker whose name I can't remember was Destruction ltd? or Clifton, Dave Schott era?

2 minutes ago, Fred said:

I guess I should have mentioned that Grayson won 35-3 and walked all over the Miami defense with an offense that was probably 50-50 run/pass.  It could have been worse but that wasn't the way Mickey Conn coached.  We beat them on both sides of the line.  It wasn't even close.

The Rockets managed 21 yards total ofense.Y'all could have broke the scoreboard.A year later, MC skull  fucked DBosco 51-20. 

31 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Jim Burt Sr was a badass. From upstate NY, Howard brought him South and a stud was born.

49 minutes ago, Fred said:

I remember 

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

Not completely. Not true. 

I wish I could say that was the case trust me .... I was on the field. 

BC fumbled at the joes 1 and sjr recovered and BC’s top WR got a concussion in first half and didn’t play after ..... 

both sjr and BC beat Montclair in 97 who was a beast in their own right.

Yea Montclair had Tyree .  Who was the top WR - Aaron Martin?  (really testing my memory here I'm probably wrong)