St Joes Safety Grieco is Staying Home!!Jersey Rise Up

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:39 PM, HSFBfan said:

NJ kids are better than rutgers when it comes to talent. I hated that Dham picked Rutgers. I certainly feel he could have had a lot better career somewhere else. 

probably the reason Barkley flipped to PSU from RU.  What would he have done/could he have done if he stayed on track to go there.

7 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

probably the reason Barkley flipped to PSU from RU.  What would he have done/could he have done if he stayed on track to go there.

He made absolutely the right decision. Rutgers doesnt make sense for elite talent and until they prove otherwise that's how I feel. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

wonder if any OSU future commits head east to Happy Valley with all the "stuff" about to break loose out there.

Could very well. Michigan had lost 2 players this offseason. Walker and a backup TE whose 6'6. Osu is gonna lose some players and recruits. Penn state could be a landing spot. Michigan state could be another one. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

@sausmann9

List of top talent from NJ not to go to Rutgers

Peppers 

Cushing

Njoku 2x

Will hill

Minkah Fitzpatrick

Anthony averett

Tanner mcevoy

Greg Olsen

Brandon wimbush 

And that's some of the names I can name right off the top of my head. 

Damn when you actually look at the list and how close some of those guys were in grade, ie playing together, RU would be nice.  Others would follow.  I am familiar with all except Athony Averett.

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Could very well. Michigan had lost 2 players this offseason. Walker and a backup TE whose 6'6. Osu is gonna lose some players and recruits. Penn state could be a landing spot. Michigan state could be another one. 

Michigan state dealing with the "team doctor" issues and I don't think that's done yet. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sausmann9 said:

Damn when you actually look at the list and how close some of those guys were in grade, ie playing together, RU would be nice.  Others would follow.  I am familiar with all except Athony Averett.

Averett played in south jersey went to alabama and is now a baltimore raven

In the class of 2019 from NJ the top kid going to Rutgers is ranked #16 according to 247 in the state. 

Just now, sausmann9 said:

That's where RU could have really grab a few other kids from PSU but they didn't seem to make a hard effort.  some kids were really on the fence about staying there or going there.

Yep I think Rutgers would be better if schiano was still there. Excellent recruiter 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2018 at 6:18 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Good get. Let's see if Nunz can coral a 4-5* like Berger. To date, guys like Jabrill, Ademilola twins, Friday, Alfano, Gary, JGH, etc have all shunned RU. Will take a Herculean effort to ever land one of the state's elite recruits.

Is DHam still the highest rated NJ recruit to ever commit to RU? 

I would say Anthony Davis from Piscataway after the 2006 season.  #1 pick of the 49ers and started for a team that went to the Super Bowl, then retired after 2014.  

• Thanks 1