Poverty rate in CA is absurd

HSFBfan

56 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Your attempting to defend a defenseless secular and excessively taxed state.....Its run by a wacko governor and others....I lived there for 14 mos and know four well heeled families who have left....

Isnt hundreds of dollars a month in tolls "excessive tax"?

You pay for in tolls and fees to the state than I do in taxes. 

Poor man's CA discreetly takes your money and bends you over!

12 hours ago, concha said:

~20% of the population lives in poverty and another ~20% near poverty.

25% of the COUNTRY'S homeless are in California.

The schools have gone from being a shining example for the nation to a disaster.

Sacramento mocks our national laws and sovereignty.

So why in the name of Moses' Sweaty Loincloth do Californians keep voting for ever more leftist government? It's like mass mental retardation.

Moses’ sweaty loincloth! 🤣

I haven’t voted Democrat since Obama’s first term. And I don’t see that changing for me any time soon considering the current state of the the party. The democrats have ruined California. You nailed it, it’s like mass retardation. The elites of Ca don’t care about the poverty. The consolidation of wealth can’t see it from behind their gated walls. As long as the minions on government assistance vote Democrat, make it so illegals can vote, they’re happy. The shanty towns set up in every major city have become normalized to the public. And of course the elites make us feel guilty for not doing something about the crap 💩 that they created. It sucks. Ca used to be the benchmark of success and opportunity. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Moses’ sweaty loincloth! 🤣

I haven’t voted Democrat since Obama’s first term. And I don’t see that changing for me any time soon considering the current state of the the party. The democrats have ruined California. You nailed it, it’s like mass retardation. The elites of Ca don’t care about the poverty. The consolidation of wealth can’t see it from behind their gated walls. As long as the minions on government assistance vote Democrat, make it so illegals can vote, they’re happy. The shanty towns set up in every major city have become normalized to the public. And of course the elites make us feel guilty for not doing something about the crap 💩 that they created. It sucks. Ca used to be the benchmark of success and opportunity. 

So many seem happy to continue riding the self-created turd circling the bowl.

Part of the bewilderment around this is that it's not some dark, hidden secret.  Especially for those in urban areas, it's there for all to see.  And even the press out there is open about it.  Look up "California poverty" and the number of newspaper articles, editorials and tv news pieces is astounding.  

Perhaps the situation between the poverty in California and the welfare state/social engineering that both causes it and takes away some of the sting has effectively created a suicidal death spiral.

• Like 1

The problem with this thread is most of you uneducated southerners fail to understand that not all residents of Ca reside in LA or SF. Its comical. I'm beginning to think the school system out there is a bit slow and behind. 

Myself and @Blueliner live in a beautiful city, nestled in the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas. Median income is around 110k  a year for a family. Housing is relatively affordable. Schools are amazing. Scenery is amazing. Location is central. We have near zero crime. No illegals. Lots of winning. 

LA is 6 hours from us. SF is two. 

I think some of you failed geography in school. That's how you all ended up as middle aged men on the internet all day working for free.

So much winning over the south. No humidity!

16 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Dude you and your homies wake up with Cali on your minds.  LOVE IT!!!

You should love it.

We're worried about your poverty stricken asses. More than you appear to be.

Read the articles. California is in really bad shape.

Maybe the question is "Why don't you wake up with Cali on your minds?".

11 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Dude you and your homies wake up with Cali on your minds.  LOVE IT!!!

California is like most places in the world that has a lot to offer and the Cost Of Living is high for a reason.  I enjoyed the hell out of my 13 years in San Diego.  Still my 2nd home and I go back at least once a year.  If you are not a broke ass it is one helluva place to enjoy.  Like most places if you are low on funds it's not fun.  The sun attracts many of those types. 

When you wake up in this a 3rd of your Life.  Well you can't make others understand. 

Related image

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

California is like most places in the world that has a lot to offer and the Cost Of Living is high for a reason.  I enjoyed the hell out of my 13 years in San Diego.  Still my 2nd home and I go back at least once a year.  If you are not a broke ass it is one helluva place to enjoy.  Like most places if you are low on funds it's not fun.  The sun attracts many of those types. 

When you wake up in this a 3rd of your Life.  Well you can't make others understand. 

Related image

DD, 

Known for being a land of milk and honey for a long time.

Now you've got ~40% of the population living near or below poverty level. That's what? About fifteen MILLION people?

25% of the COUNTRY'S homeless live there.

Too many not-so-beautiful locations to counter the photo above.

11 minutes ago, concha said:

DD, 

Known for being a land of milk and honey for a long time.

Now you've got ~40% of the population living near or below poverty level. That what? About fifteen MILLION people?

25% of the COUNTRY'S homeless live there.

Too many not-so-beautiful locations to counter the photo above.

I can only comment on the life I enjoy there and the friends I have.   There is poverty everywhere.  Cali is a place of have and have nots.  I don't deny that but if you got the funds.  That State is helluva fun.  I will assure you of that.  The America Rivera .  Hit the Road and roll up the 101 from LA to the Bay.  I'm not hating on Cali at all.   People here digging on Cali and have never been to the State more or less San Francisco.  SF has always had a  terrible homeless problem.  My Brother in the Bay, and My Son in LA.    I got love for Cali. 

• Like 3

Just now, World Citizen said:

More of the "my state is great and your state sucks" from the 12 year olds on here.  

If you hate Cali- don't go there, simple.  If You hate the south- don't go there, simple.  

If You are an adult and realize there is good and bad to mostly every place then carry on with your bad self.  

Exactly.  I stay out of the Real South as much as possible.  I refuse to ever spend one dime in the State of Mississippi.  I don't harp on why and post daily posts about it.  It's my choice for a reason.  I bet there is more wealth in Cali than where most live including me and I am in one of the wealthiest counties in Texas.  My friends are doing well out there and loving life. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

And the feeling is mutual. 

I think you are dumb because you know nothing but constantly state that you do.

Georgia is not what you say and we are not all from the same area. 

We know you failed geography.

Nobody even knows GA exists to most Californians. 

We don't pay attention to poor humid states. 

Just now, DevilDog said:

Exactly.  I stay out of the Real South as much as possible.  I refuse to ever spend one dime in the State of Mississippi.  I don't harp on why and post daily posts about it.  It's my choice for a reason.  I bet there is more wealth in Cali than where most live including me and I am in one of the wealthiest counties in Texas.  My friends are doing well out there and loving life. 

I hear you brother.  If I never get back to MS I would be fine with that.  

There is a lot of wealth in Cali for sure.  Plenty of folks not making it or barely making it as well, just like everywhere.  The real problem is the wealth inequality that the whole country faces and that doesn't seem to be a high priority like it should be imo.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

There is a lot of wealth in Cali for sure.  Plenty of folks not making it or barely making it as well, just like everywhere.  The real problem is the wealth inequality that the whole country faces and that doesn't seem to be a high priority like it should be imo.  

Yes the Right leaning guys are trying to dump on Cali but refuse to acknowledge that America as a whole is reflective of California as far as the have and have nots.  The Republican South is the poorest least educated region in America and was the same when it was led by racist Dixiecrats.  So have them educate me on why that hasn't changed.   When Urban people are poor it's their own fault when you see this they get an excuse of well you know.  Notice how Blacks are degraded for their mastery of the English Language.   These people keep voting Republican.  Where do we hear this Ad Nauseam the other way.  I will assure you not a damn thing has changed here.  These people are poorer than Ethiopians.  Notice he said they can't read and write mostly.  Go to the MS Delta you will find Blacks in the same Shape led by Republicans.  Yet judged differently.  Neither Party gives a damn about these people. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

The discrepancy between the wealthy and the poor is a global phenomenon.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Your attempting to defend a defenseless secular and excessively taxed state.....Its run by a wacko governor and others....I lived there for 14 mos and know four well heeled families who have left....

I love Cali.  I have no problem with the taxes or our governor.  I would vote for him with no doubt in my mind.  He is a real man who stands up to that little biotch in the wh.  AS a matter of fact, I would in all honesty be glad to pay more in taxes to help others in my state who need it.  I would NEVER want to live in any other state in this "union".  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

More of the "my state is great and your state sucks" from the 12 year olds on here.  

If you hate Cali- don't go there, simple.  If You hate the south- don't go there, simple.  

If You are an adult and realize there is good and bad to mostly every place then carry on with your bad self.  

Actually, if you read I'm questioning why the huge problems out there and why do they keep voting for the same folks.

California is a naturally blessed state.

So why is it in the condition it is?

I've seen no answers.

1 hour ago, concha said:

You should love it.

All I see are posters wishing they could be in Cali.  Plenty of other states are way worse off, but y'all focus on the one state you can't beat.  Do we have problems?  Sure, what state doesn't.  But there is ZERO chance I would ever leave this here state.  Greatest state in the "union".

1 hour ago, concha said:

You should love it.

worried?  ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Clean your own house first.  We will be just fine. 

59 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

No.

Not "just like everywhere".

That is bullshit.

California has the worst poverty and homelessness problems in the entire nation - and it's not close. And I think it's 49th(?) in income inequality. This, in a hugely wealthy place run by folks who claim to be for the downtrodden.