Poverty rate in CA is absurd

HSFBfan

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

California is like most places in the world that has a lot to offer and the Cost Of Living is high for a reason.  I enjoyed the hell out of my 13 years in San Diego.  Still my 2nd home and I go back at least once a year.  If you are not a broke ass it is one helluva place to enjoy.  Like most places if you are low on funds it's not fun.  The sun attracts many of those types. 

When you wake up in this a 3rd of your Life.  Well you can't make others understand. 

Related image

San Diego is a great city.  Actually, pretty much any where along the coast.  And you are 100% right, if you have the cash then anywhere is fun, same if you're broke anywhere would suck.  People love to point fingers at something they can't have.  Kinda like the culture of HSFB in TX.  We get used to the jealousy. lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, concha said:

No.

Not "just like everywhere".

That is bullshit.

California has the worst poverty and homelessness problems in the entire nation - and it's not close. And I think it's 49th(?) in income inequality. This, in a hugely wealthy place run by folks who claim to be for the downtrodden.

I hear ya.  And I do have the perfect answer that you seek.  Real simple. Never come here and you will be just fine.  There, problem solved.  I'm sure your life will go on just fine without having to daily think about Cali.  Just like I refuse to visit the south, you can do the same with the west.  See, now we are all happy. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I hear ya.  And I do have the perfect answer that you seek.  Real simple. Never come here and you will be just fine.  There, problem solved.  I'm sure your life will go on just fine without having to daily think about Cali.  Just like I refuse to visit the south, you can do the same with the west.  See, now we are all happy. 

You'd love Minnesota, buey.

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

I love Cali.  I have no problem with the taxes or our governor.  I would vote for him with no doubt in my mind.  He is a real man who stands up to that little biotch in the wh.  AS a matter of fact, I would in all honesty be glad to pay more in taxes to help others in my state who need it.  I would NEVER want to live in any other state in this "union".  

Says the guy who resides in Carmel. AP. I love ya bro. But I almost hurled at this post.🤮...wait I think I did. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Says the guy who resides in Carmel. AP. I love ya bro. But I almost hurled at this post.🤮...wait I think I did. 

Even if I lived somewhere else in this great state I would feel the same.  It's what you make of life that matters.  I wake up every morning, thank God for another day on earth, count my blessings and always realize how much worse others have it.  I choose to be happy.  I know our political views are on opposite ends, but I gotta admit I love they way Cali stands on our own when it comes to politics. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

I love Cali.  I have no problem with the taxes or our governor.  I would vote for him with no doubt in my mind.  He is a real man who stands up to that little biotch in the wh.  AS a matter of fact, I would in all honesty be glad to pay more in taxes to help others in my state who need it.  I would NEVER want to live in any other state in this "union".  

Wow just wow....I never ever thought anyone would say what you said. Idk how anyone can listen to your governor and support that. Why would you ever support paying more for some jackals who doesnt do anything. CA is paying 40k a year per homeless person and it's not doing anything. Might as well give the homeless person 40k in cash and they still won't do anything but just hold their hand out for more. You should want lower taxes more money in your pockets. This world is dog eat dog. It's not about handouts and your saying come into your pockets more and take more of your money. That's insanity 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Wow just wow....I never ever thought anyone would say what you said. Idk how anyone can listen to your governor and support that

@AztecPadre is correct. the best state in the union by far. Most beautiful. best weather. 

You clowns only talk about it because you all listen to extreme right wing media who targets Ca because it is the source of a majority of the dem electoral votes and that angers them. 

You uneducated right wingers can't see through the BS. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Clearly wing nut and the crying concha cult will not being moving to California. 

#lmao

They are happy in nj and georgia....

I LIVE in a very nice part of Ca. I’m fortunate. But I’m disgusted at the way our leadership leads. I’m as empathetic as the next guy...probably more! Trust me, California is the haves and have nots. Half of Ca is in a welfare state. Why not? Easier to get free money than actually work. As Coach Boone said...”you’re not helping them, you’re crippling them, coach”. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Wow just wow....I never ever thought anyone would say what you said. Idk how anyone can listen to your governor and support that. Why would you ever support paying more for some jackals who doesnt do anything. CA is paying 40k a year per homeless person and it's not doing anything. Might as well give the homeless person 40k in cash and they still won't do anything but just hold their hand out for more. You should want lower taxes more money in your pockets. This world is dog eat dog. It's not about handouts and your saying come into your pockets more and take more of your money. That's insanity 

Sorry, but I do not worship the almighty dollar.  I would rather give to those who need it most.  

8 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I LIVE in a very nice part of Ca. I’m fortunate. But I’m disgusted at the way our leadership leads. I’m as empathetic as the next guy...probably more! Trust me, California is the haves and have nots. Half of Ca is in a welfare state. Why not? Easier to get free money than actually work. As Coach Boone said...”you’re not helping them, you’re crippling them, coach”. 

CA is not for everyone.

Places like Georgia and Alabama are for everyone, as reflective in the pricing. 

5 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Sorry, but I do not worship the almighty dollar.  I would rather give to those who need it most.  

They need to help themselves. Why would you ever give to someone who will not help themselves. They are looking for handouts while your government is giving it to them on your hard earned dollar. All welfare should be workfare. You need to work 30 or so hours before you can collect anything. Keep your money in your pocket where it belongs because you earned it. You wanna give it to someone give it a homeless vet and make sure it's a vet and not some bum claiming to be a vet. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

They need to help themselves. Why would you ever give to someone who will not help themselves. They are looking for handouts while your government is giving it to them on your hard earned dollar. All welfare should be workfare. You need to work 30 or so hours before you can collect anything. Keep your money in your pocket where it belongs because you earned it. You wanna give it to someone give it a homeless vet and make sure it's a vet and not some bum claiming to be a vet. 

Which is ironic, considering you claim to be conservative or republican, in which an entire region of the US (southeast) is dependent on government.

The right loves hand outs. It keeps the vote going right for them. 

4 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

The "world" is haves and have nots.

I don't get the daily obsession from the crying concha cult.

They don't live there and have NO solutions to real life that affects many people everywhere.

I'm not happy about Louisiana in many aspects, but I count my blessings.

Louisiana is trump state. Go figure.

Ain't helping a damn thing that I see. A republican gov fried this state. It may never fully recover.

Guess what...I don't bitch everyday about it.

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I give to MANY legit charities in my home state.  I believe it is the duty of those who can to help those who can't.  Pretty simple.  I pretty much treat money like JC would.  I have enough for  myself and my family to live comfortably and the rest can go to those who are less fortunate.  I am not one to judge others.  I leave that to the big guy upstairs.  But then again I believe in God and JC.  Can't say the same for many on this board.  I can lay down to sleep at night and sleep with a clear conscience and soul.   

Just now, AztecPadre said:

I give to MANY legit charities in my home state.  I believe it is the duty of those who can to help those who can't.  Pretty simple.  I pretty much treat money like JC would.  I have enough for  myself and my family to live comfortably and the rest can go to those who are less fortunate.  I am not one to judge others.  I leave that to the big guy upstairs.  But then again I believe in God and JC.  Can't say the same for many on this board.  I can lay down to sleep at night and sleep with a clear conscience and soul.   

But you seem perfectly fine with you state taxing you more and more. You wanna give it on a voluntarily basis that on you. But to be ok with being taxed into oblivion while others just sit there and collect should drive you crazy. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

But you seem perfectly fine with you state taxing you more and more. You wanna give it on a voluntarily basis that on you. But to be ok with being taxed into oblivion while others just sit there and collect should drive you crazy. 

I am blessed to make more than I need and see no problem with giving by way of taxes.  Thats the money that is used to fund programs and fix our roads and bridges.  If by me giving a few extra bucks helps feed a needy family through our state programs then so be beat.  If we don't help each other out then we just end up turning into a red state and God forbid that. 

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I am blessed to make more than I need and see no problem with giving by way of taxes.  Thats the money that is used to fund programs and fix our roads and bridges.  If by me giving a few extra bucks helps feed a needy family through our state programs then so be beat.  If we don't help each other out then we just end up turning into a red state and God forbid that. 

I cant agree with you......your money is yours. You are already being taxed a ton just by living in a blue state. All the rest of they money should be in your pocket. Like I said you wanna give it to a charity that's on you but to ask for more taxes is just plain crazy. Again were not gonna agree so I'll just end this conversation here. Have a good night 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I cant agree with you......your money is yours. You are already being taxed a ton just by living in a blue state. All the rest of they money should be in your pocket. Like I said you wanna give it to a charity that's on you but to ask for more taxes is just plain crazy. Again were not gonna agree so I'll just end this conversation here. Have a good night 

Are you religious?