Poverty rate in CA is absurd

HSFBfan

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Does that matter at all. Has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation at hand

It does not matter, other than the alt right are suppose to be the party of Christianity.  You obviously don't have to answer and I don't want to rub a soar spot.  Or any spot for that matter. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

It does not matter, other than the alt right are suppose to be the party of Christianity.  You obviously don't have to answer and I don't want to rub a soar spot.  Or any spot for that matter. 

There nothing sour about it....I'm a Republican because I believe in their policies. Well at least the policies that trump supports. I dont agree with anything on the left in today's world in which we live. 

21 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I give to MANY legit charities in my home state.  I believe it is the duty of those who can to help those who can't.  Pretty simple.  I pretty much treat money like JC would.  I have enough for  myself and my family to live comfortably and the rest can go to those who are less fortunate.  I am not one to judge others.  I leave that to the big guy upstairs.  But then again I believe in God and JC.  Can't say the same for many on this board.  I can lay down to sleep at night and sleep with a clear conscience and soul.   

Good post. I totally agree with this. I’m pretty philanthropic myself. But how do we know “who can’t” versus who just won’t, help themselves? AT some point, being accountable to my community, there’s gotta be a line that has to be drawn. Not everyone feels like you do or even I do. We have to respect that. CA doesn’t care what anyone other than like minded people think. I feel very frustrated here sometimes. Anyways. I like what you said. Nothing wrong with it.

• Like 1

Just now, Blueliner said:

Good post. I totally agree with this. I’m pretty philanthropic myself. But how do we know “who can’t” versus who just won’t, help themselves? AT some point, being accountable to my community, there’s gotta be a line that has to be drawn. Not everyone feels like you do or even I do. We have to respect that. CA doesn’t care what anyone other than like minded people think. I feel very frustrated here sometimes. Anyways. I like what you said. Nothing wrong with it.

You hit on the head you can't tell who wont compared to whose actually trying but just cant make it

Just now, HSFBfan said:

You hit on the head you can't tell who wont compared to whose actually trying but just cant make it

Agreed. In Ca, it’s clearly become a state of who just won’t. There are many with mental illness and addiction...or both....that can’t work. I get that and I have no problem helping those people. But the influx of illegals and people who come here from all over for a free handout have taxed our operating budget with no end in sight. We truly are thehave and have nots. I make enough mi way to live like a king in 90% of states. But I’m one of the few middle class left here. It’s sad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

We can't know for sure who really needs.  That's why I do tons of research on the charities I give to and at the end of the day I pray that our Lord will see to it that my money will get into in the hands of those who truly need it.  Either way, I would rather give and take the chance that somebody that needs it will receive it than just not give and paint a brush over everybody is lying and just trying to swindle the charity.  Like I said, I sleep well at night knowing I do what I can and teach my kids to do the same.  At the same time teaching them not to be marks or give a fuck what others thing.  You're a good guy brother. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blueliner said:

Agreed. In Ca, it’s clearly become a state of who just won’t. There are many with mental illness and addiction...or both....that can’t work. I get that and I have no problem helping those people. But the influx of illegals and people who come here from all over for a free handout have taxed our operating budget with no end in sight. We truly are thehave and have nots. I make enough mi way to live like a king in 90% of states. But I’m one of the few middle class left here. It’s sad.

I have a mental illness but I have to get my ass up everyday and go to work. For you to claim mental illness you better just be straight up crazy. Like nut house crazy. My uncle was addicted to multiple things got up everyday went to work as a steamfitter had 2 kids a wife and a house. I'd say that's successful. But your choosing to live there for one reason or another and of course that's your choice and I'm not saying that's right or wrong it's your preference. There is a reason why I never want to settle down in a blue state. NY sucks I recognized that along time ago. These Democrat governors do not care about me and you the middle class they know as long as they give the handouts to the poor they have the vote and their job

9 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

We can't know for sure who really needs.  That's why I do tons of research on the charities I give to and at the end of the day I pray that our Lord will see to it that my money will get into in the hands of those who truly need it.  Either way, I would rather give and take the chance that somebody that needs it will receive it than just not give and paint a brush over everybody is lying and just trying to swindle the charity.  Like I said, I sleep well at night knowing I do what I can and teach my kids to do the same.  At the same time teaching them not to be marks or give a fuck what others thing.  You're a good guy brother. 

Outta likes. Great post.

7 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Im curious where you see this? You live in Folsom. There are a total of MAYBE 5 Mexicans in the entire city. 

Keep drinking the kool aid. 

Too funny. I’m not sure we even have 5. That said, I travel, and I’m down in the Bay Area and LA a lot. I’m in a business that often puts me in the middle of seeing the best and worst of people. I know what I’m talking about through experience. Not kool aid.

1 minute ago, Blueliner said:

Too funny. I’m not sure we even have 5. That said, I travel, and I’m down in the Bay Area and LA a lot. I’m in a business that often puts me in the middle of seeing the best and worst of people. I know what I’m talking about through experience. Not kool aid.

You are missing the point. Illegals are not taking over CA and not sucking anyone dry. Our own people, collecting disability and many other entitlements are sucking the state dry. Illegals pay more in taxes than many of our own leaching citizens. 

You live in an area where an illegal cant be seen for a 100 miles. And in CA! Thats kool aid. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I have a mental illness but I have to get my ass up everyday and go to work. For you to claim mental illness you better just be straight up crazy. Like nut house crazy. My uncle was addicted to multiple things got up everyday went to work as a steamfitter had 2 kids a wife and a house. I'd say that's successful. But your choosing to live there for one reason or another and of course that's your choice and I'm not saying that's right or wrong it's your preference. There is a reason why I never want to settle down in a blue state. NY sucks I recognized that along time ago. These Democrat governors do not care about me and you the middle class they know as long as they give the handouts to the poor they have the vote and their job

Thank you for your candor. I know it’s gotta be tough dealing with mental illness and this world as well. I commend you on your perseverance and attitude. 

I am talking about the nuthouse crazy people. Not people who are depressed today. And addiction runs in my family as well. I believe it is sdisease. Just like cancer. I will help addicts as long as they want to help themselves. It’s futile otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

You are missing the point. Illegals are not taking over CA and not sucking anyone dry. Our own people, collecting disability and many other entitlements are sucking the state dry. Illegals pay more in taxes than many of our own leaching citizens. 

You live in an area where an illegal cant be seen for a 100 miles. And in CA! Thats kool aid. 

You’re missing my point. I know what I’m talking about through experience. I haven’t always lived in Folsom as you know. 

Yes. In addition to our own lazy people....illegals ARE sucking our economy dry, and have completely ruined our school systems and healthcare systematic. To say otherwise I’d just plain wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Thank you for your candor. I know it’s gotta be tough dealing with mental illness and this world as well. I commend you on your perseverance and attitude. 

I am talking about the nuthouse crazy people. Not people who are depressed today. And addiction runs in my family as well. I believe it is sdisease. Just like cancer. I will help addicts as long as they want to help themselves. It’s futile otherwise. 

The only way to beat addiction or whatever is you have to have the willpower to do it. I just found out my uncle hasn't touched a drink for 5.5 years. I was pretty damn proud of him too living in an Irish family who likes to drink. And for mental illness no matter how hard you fight you probably need someone to help you your not gonna beat it alone. It's tough to fight everyday but if you let it consume you your gonna end up in an early grave. And yes addiction is a disease. But it's a beatable disease like cancer if you get the right help and you recognize it early enough

• Like 1

Just now, Blueliner said:

You’re missing my point. I know what I’m talking about through experience. I haven’t always lived in Folsom as you know. 

Yes. In addition to our own lazy people....illegals ARE sucking our economy dry, and have completely ruined our school systems and healthcare systematic. To say otherwise I’d just plain wrong. 

Funny. I walk into Mercy Folsom daily and have yet to see any illegals. 

I see plenty of poor white trash sitting in the ER with no insurance though. 

But it's the illegals sucking us dry! Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Your full of shit. There’s a 100,000 illegals in Sacramento area alone. Head south a lil to Lodi, Stockton, Modesto, Livingston,etc... Lots of illegals covering these areas. I’m sure there’s many more headed west from you. Take your blinders off. 

3 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Even if I lived somewhere else in this great state I would feel the same.  It's what you make of life that matters.  I wake up every morning, thank God for another day on earth, count my blessings and always realize how much worse others have it.  I choose to be happy.  I know our political views are on opposite ends, but I gotta admit I love they way Cali stands on our own when it comes to politics. 

AP...

Don't you ever around at the naturally blessed place where you live and wonder why roughly 40% of your fellow Californians live in poverty or near as damn?  Don't you ever ask yourself "This is California. How the fuck did this happen?"

Screw Block and his BS... you won' get a straight nor intelligent answer from him. 

Why do I ask?  Because What is happening in California is what the left wants for the rest of the country.

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Glad to hear you are a giver. That's good.

I guess where I scratch my head is that you don't appear to look around and question WHY there is so much need to give in such a historically bountiful place. Why so much poverty? Why so much income disparity?

Honest queries, yet so far the only answers I hear are "every place has problems" and "if you don't like it don't come" dodges.

3 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Funny. I walk into Mercy Folsom daily and have yet to see any illegals. 

I see plenty of poor white trash sitting in the ER with no insurance though. 

But it's the illegals sucking us dry! Lol

Go to Stockton, Lodi, Los Banos, Fresno, LA County, San Diego, China Vista, National Citg etc. I’m sure I missed plenty, but you get the idea. MOF ED is not a reflection of all of CA. Not-at-all.

10 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

I give to MANY legit charities in my home state.  I believe it is the duty of those who can to help those who can't.  Pretty simple.  I pretty much treat money like JC would.  I have enough for  myself and my family to live comfortably and the rest can go to those who are less fortunate.  I am not one to judge others.  I leave that to the big guy upstairs.  But then again I believe in God and JC.  Can't say the same for many on this board.  I can lay down to sleep at night and sleep with a clear conscience and soul.   

I aspire to be Padre East.

Regards,

BGW

p.s. with a bae.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, concha said:

Why do I ask?  Because What is happening in California is what the left wants for the rest of the country.

And, the right wants us all to become Kentucky and etc....wait, we are already Kentucky and etc.....

Lets slash education even more so the bubba's will keep us in office.

Nice plan, crying concha.

• Like 1

Honest queries, yet so far the only answers I hear are "every place has problems" and "if you don't like it don't come" dodges.

See. Life really isn't all that complicated.

Two reality based answers and responses.

It is entertaining watching you shit your bed every night then bringing your poo to this forum and throwing it at California. 

#cryingconcha