Top Week Zero oos games

Nolebull813

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Did the kid actually say "Im leaving because I cant handle this offseason training program"?

February 27, 2017

https://usatodayhss.com/2017/kirby-bennett-on-bishop-gorman-i-really-didnt-understand-what-they-were-about-til-i-got-here

“Bennett admitted his laid-back ways caught up to him when he turned in Allen High’s red, white and navy, for Bishop Gorman’s flashy orange and blue. While he knew the Gaels had stellar talent, he didn’t quite understand the work they put in, many months before the season gets underway.

So once winter break ended, and the quest for another Super 25 title and its ninth straight state championship began, Bennett received an abrupt wake-up call.

“I really didn’t understand what they were about ’til I got here. It’s work, everyday,” the 6-foot, 195-pound power back said. “I wouldn’t say I had a poor work ethic, but because of my God-given talent, I thought I could take some things off and really didn’t have to work. I tried doing that at Gorman, they got on my butt and I’ve adapted to what their work ethic is and I’m trying to catch up to everybody.”

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

February 27, 2017

https://usatodayhss.com/2017/kirby-bennett-on-bishop-gorman-i-really-didnt-understand-what-they-were-about-til-i-got-here

“Bennett admitted his laid-back ways caught up to him when he turned in Allen High’s red, white and navy, for Bishop Gorman’s flashy orange and blue. While he knew the Gaels had stellar talent, he didn’t quite understand the work they put in, many months before the season gets underway.

So once winter break ended, and the quest for another Super 25 title and its ninth straight state championship began, Bennett received an abrupt wake-up call.

“I really didn’t understand what they were about ’til I got here. It’s work, everyday,” the 6-foot, 195-pound power back said. “I wouldn’t say I had a poor work ethic, but because of my God-given talent, I thought I could take some things off and really didn’t have to work. I tried doing that at Gorman, they got on my butt and I’ve adapted to what their work ethic is and I’m trying to catch up to everybody.”

January straight and conditioning was always hard to get up for...”wait we are 8 months away from our first game but we still have to stay here till 7pm?” That doesn’t happen at Allen?