So Rick Gates may not testify in Manafort trial?

Bormio

12 hours ago, Bormio said:

Even the judge was shocked.  Will have to see what this means, but one possibility is Mueller does not want Gates cross-examined by defense.  Manafort says Gates was the real criminal.  Something to bear watching.

Below is a link to a 10 minute video explanation of what went on in the trial yesterday including your concern for Gates possibly not testifying and reasons why.

The lady, Barbara McQuade is a former U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan and current professor at the University of Michigan Law School.

Hope this helps.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/mueller-s-prosecutors-may-save-gates-for-second-manafort-trial-1290422339728?playlist=associated

12 minutes ago, stanscript said:

Below is a link to a 10 minute video explanation of what went on in the trial yesterday including your concern for Gates possibly not testifying and reasons why.

The lady, Barbara McQuade is a former U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan and current professor at the University of Michigan Law School.

Hope this helps.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/mueller-s-prosecutors-may-save-gates-for-second-manafort-trial-1290422339728?playlist=associated

That is their take.  All I know is if Manafort is not convicted, all hell will break loose.

2 hours ago, Bormio said:

That is their take.  All I know is if Manafort is not convicted, all hell will break loose.

That may be true.  Any opinion can be characterized as "their take."  I think I'd take her (Barbara McQuad....U.S. Attorney and Law Professor) opinion over yours, with all due respect.

Most of the evidence against Manafort is documented and that's the hardest to argue against.  When there is a jury involved anything can happen, so Manafort could get off.  But I wouldn't bet on it.

BTW, MSNBC has a lot of top law professors, U.S. Attorneys, former Watergate prosecutors, top notch reporters, (several Pulitzer Prize winners) Presidential Historians, former U.S. Ambassadors, former FBI officials, U.S. intelligence officials and military officials as guests.  While you might not like some of the hosts or their positions or personalities, the network does have some top-notch experts.  So, if you really want to know what is going on turn off FOX and watch MSNBC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1