Retaliation. Marietta Families suing the GHSA.

According to a CBS46 article. 

One of the susposed ineligible athletes might not have been illegal after all. 

The family of the athlete and a few others have lawyered up and brought a case against the GHSA after they made Marietta Forfeit all their Football and Track wins. 

https://amp.cbs46.com/story/38781520/family-hires-attorney-after-marietta-high-ordered-to-forfeit-football-and-track-wins

I don’t think they are trying to bring a case againsts GHSA. I think they are trying to make it known that the families and players didn’t mislead, falsify or try to cheat the system. They are trying to get their kids eligible for future Athletics. It’s also to show MCS that they are serious and will hold them accountable for their actions.

You see the parents are still getting misleading info from MHS about the appeals process. They are being told wrong info by the new AD and principle as well. So you see they trust NO one!!!

• Like 1

Retaliation against the GHSA is a misplacement of the blame and they are not responsible for these transgressions.

If they want to sue, they should be going after Marietta High School. The school made the "clerical error," not the GHSA.

In no way is the GHSA to blame because their transfer policy is easily accessible to the public and they leave the responsibility of validating transfers up to the member school. It's the parents and school administration that didn't bother to read the rule or deliberately ignored it.

What a bunch of cry babies. If you're going to shop your child out for athletic advantage, then you should do your research. Now that little Johnny isnot eligible to play, they want to blame the GHSA for a rule that has been in place for 15 years.

9 minutes ago, OLB76 said:

I don’t think they are trying to bring a case againsts GHSA. I think they are trying to make it known that the families and players didn’t mislead, falsify or try to cheat the system. They are trying to get their kids eligible for future Athletics. It’s also to show MCS that they are serious and will hold them accountable for their actions.

You see the parents are still getting misleading info from MHS about the appeals process. They are being told wrong info by the new AD and principle as well. So you see they trust NO one!!!

If what you say is true, they made a terrible decision to "better" their child's future by moving him to a school where the administration cannot even read the by laws or at least consult the GHSA for clarification on the rules.

It sounds the school was up to no good. One has to wonder what else they are up to...

Why don't the kids just play in the district where they live today? Were they suspended from playing at all? 

Sounds like the parents are wanting to force the GHSA to scratch a line through the rule for their kids because Marietta is stacked to make a run. 

If the kids want to play, play where the hell you live. Problem solved. Easy peezy. 

4 hours ago, OLB76 said:

Why did they want to transfer their kids to Marietta to start with? 

What schools did they come from that they weren't satisfied or getting what they thought they should get? 

If Marietta told them all these wild promises to get them over there, how is that not recruiting by the school? Seems pretty smelly all over again to me. I think these people are hurting themselves and the school now by pushing harder and introducing all this info about how they got duped into transferring. 

Starting to look pretty bad imo. 

4 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Retaliation against the GHSA is a misplacement of the blame and they are not responsible for these transgressions.

If they want to sue, they should be going after Marietta High School. The school made the "clerical error," not the GHSA.

In no way is the GHSA to blame because their transfer policy is easily accessible to the public and they leave the responsibility of validating transfers up to the member school. It's the parents and school administration that didn't bother to read the rule or deliberately ignored it.

What a bunch of cry babies. If you're going to shop your child out for athletic advantage, then you should do your research. Now that little Johnny isnot eligible to play, they want to blame the GHSA for a rule that has been in place for 15 years.

Omg! Here’s the bloviating idiot at the pulpit of hypocrisy 

Please carry on, it’s pleasant like  hemorrhoid surgery

AllKnowingAsshole

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Omg! Here’s the bloviating idiot at the pulpit of hypocrisy 

Please carry on, it’s pleasant like  hemorrhoid surgery

AllKnowingAsshole

Nothing hypocritical about it.

Where is the fault for the GHSA? Why should they reconsider a punishment for a school's error?

Why should the parents and school be given a pass because neither parties read the publically accessible by laws that have been in affect for 15 years?

You're as big of a crybaby as the kids' parents and you have no involvement in the matter.

Cry us a river Wolfboy.

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Why did they want to transfer their kids to Marietta to start with? 

What schools did they come from that they weren't satisfied or getting what they thought they should get? 

If Marietta told them all these wild promises to get them over there, how is that not recruiting by the school? Seems pretty smelly all over again to me. I think these people are hurting themselves and the school now by pushing harder and introducing all this info about how they got duped into transferring. 

Starting to look pretty bad imo. 

First of all the parents wanted out of the School systems they where in and was looking to teach elsewhere! That’s their right! Know one promised them anything.  It was relayed to them if you are working for MCS your kids could attend without paying tuition and can take advantage of The IB program, Duel enrollment programs and any sport they chose to play. Just like any other student that goes to Marietta.

Spin it however you want to. I am sorry your school has to spend millions of tax payers dollars on a football facility. While our tax payers pay millions for a state of the art Career academic center. See the two students are Real STUDENT ATHLETES that carry close to 4.0 GPAs and are currently taking college corses at Marietta High School. Which they couldn’t get at the previous school! They are both set to graduate mid semester of senior year! Which couldn’t happen at their other schools!!!!!!

So you say let them go to school at Marietta and play football where they live?

STOP IT YOU GUYS HAVE TUNNEL VISION!! You want something to be their but it’s not. By the way who said Marietta is stacked? Man if we had half the transfers the Rumor Mill said we would be!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, OLB76 said:

First of all the parents wanted out of the School systems they where in and was looking to teach elsewhere! That’s their right! Know one promised them anything.  It was relayed to them if you are working for MCS your kids could attend without paying tuition and can take advantage of The IB program, Duel enrollment programs and any sport they chose to play. Just like any other student that goes to Marietta.

Spin it however you want to. I am sorry your school has to spend millions of tax payers dollars on a football facility. While our tax payers pay millions for a state of the art Career academic center. See the two students are Real STUDENT ATHLETES that carry close to 4.0 GPAs and are currently taking college corses at Marietta High School. Which they couldn’t get at the previous school! They are both set to graduate mid semester of senior year! Which couldn’t happen at their other schools!!!!!!

So you say let them go to school at Marietta and play football where they live?

STOP IT YOU GUYS HAVE TUNNEL VISION!! You want something to be their but it’s not. Bye the way who said Marietta is stacked? Man if we had half the transfers the Rumor Mill said we would be!

I say they have to go to school where they live if they want to play sports. It's written in the rules. 

They have the choice to play football if they do it in their home district. Last time I checked the rules say that is how it works. I'm sorry they thought otherwise. 

I really don't care if they play football in Marietta and drive to Rome to go to class... As long as the rules are written that way and the option is available to everyone.

Good for them having 4.0 gpa's and what not. Should make for easier reading comprehension of the rules applicable to their situation. Since they have such great scores, maybe they can also read the rules to their parents and help them to understand the rules as written also. xD 

I just can't understand why in the hell it's so damned hard to follow the rules, or understand them. 

I don't want anything to be there except equal handed application of the rules with no exceptions because some parent got a lawyer and wants to shit on the rules that everyone else is following without much problem at all. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't want anything to be there except equal handed application of the rules with no exceptions because some parent got a lawyer and wants to shit on the rules that everyone else is following without much problem at all. 

I know what they should have done is lie to the school like everyone else and we wouldn’t be even having this conversation! 

Get a fake address and go down south and smack around on Lowndes then self report it. They should have done that and they would have been eligible.

The same kid that should be a mirgrant student is going to play you guys in the Corky Kell. When he goes off on you and if you lose we will see who the real cry babies are!

I'm just trying to figure out how four, at minimim, supposedly educated adults made this "error" and "didn't" understand the rule.

Ignorantia juris non excusat. That's Latin.

The lesson learned? Parents should enroll their gifted student athlete at CCHS! Why? They allowed Blackhatter to be a 4.0 student athlete while taking AP classes that gave college credit.

I bet they would not be in court pleading ignorance and little Johnny would have as good of or better chance to win the big league trophy. 

Colquitt residents have already built Mom , Pop, and Johnny a brand new school with palatial athletic facilities. 

#sueMarietta

#learnandwinatColquitt

8 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Nothing hypocritical about it.

Where is the fault for the GHSA? Why should they reconsider a punishment for a school's error?

Why should the parents and school be given a pass because neither parties read the publically accessible by laws that have been in affect for 15 years?

You're as big of a crybaby as the kids' parents and you have no involvement in the matter.

Cry us a river Wolfboy.

You're so fucking clueless.

Get your chin off Rush's nuts and get some air, clown.

Not enough time in the day to explain everything.

Regards,

AllKnowingAsshole

7 hours ago, OLB76 said:

I know what they should have done is lie to the school like everyone else and we wouldn’t be even having this conversation! 

Get a fake address and go down south and smack around on Lowndes then self report it. They should have done that and they would have been eligible.

The same kid that should be a mirgrant student is going to play you guys in the Corky Kell. When he goes off on you and if you lose we will see who the real cry babies are!

They certainly could have went the Grayson rent-a-season route. Sign a lease somewhere in the district and keep it until the season was over. 

Probably cheaper than lawyers and legal action in the long run. 

Anyway, I promise you, I'm not excited that this is happening to those kids. The adults in their life screwed up.

I just think it's interesting that these parents think they shouldn't have to follow the rules. They're somehow special above and beyond everyone else. After all, they have a lawyer to tell us all that. 

I see how this all works. Get mad because someone else thinks you should have to follow the rules, attack their community/town/city. 

Even got a Jersey boy over here talking down on Moultrie now.

Got OLB76 hoppin' mad, that he's out here posting GPA's as if that has any bearing on whether they are legal students or should get to circumvent the rule. Got him trying to throw shade about how our community spends their tax dollars and everything. 

Got GSB over here talking about poverty line shit like a doofus. You girls should go get a room.

I hope your lawsuits get the rule changed for the better and for everyone, because your kids aren't any more special than anyone else's in the entire state. 

7 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I'm just trying to figure out how four, at minimim, supposedly educated adults made this "error" and "didn't" understand the rule.

Ignorantia juris non excusat. That's Latin.

The lesson learned? Parents should enroll their gifted student athlete at CCHS! Why? They allowed Blackhatter to be a 4.0 student athlete while taking AP classes that gave college credit.

I bet they would not be in court pleading ignorance and little Johnny would have as good of or better chance to win the big league trophy. 

Colquitt residents have already built Mom , Pop, and Johnny a brand new school with palatial athletic facilities. 

#sueMarietta

#learnandwinatColquitt

Believe it or not 99% of the people don’t set around and read high school football by-laws. You ask questions to the people who you think would know the rules. That’s how it works 99% of the time. 

You are right about one thing!!!! They learned a very important lesson, trust no one when it comes to your child’s future!

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

20% of the population of Moultrie currently lives below the poverty line.

Marietta>Moultrie. All day long. #movinonup 

That could be true.....BUT....

That other 80% lives pretty durn well.

No way I would choose Marietta over Moultrie.  

And that is just plain fact.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I prefer a town where the 5* restaurant is not a Ruby Tuesday's. 

That's the difference.  I have NEVER given a crap about fancy 5* restaurants.  And believe you me I've eaten in a few (business related) I'm just not that kind of diner.  i do like the salad bar at Ruby Tuesday's.  But to each his own....

Rufus>>

2 hours ago, OLB76 said:

Believe it or not 99% of the people don’t set around and read high school football by-laws. You ask questions to the people who you think would know the rules. That’s how it works 99% of the time. 

You are right about one thing!!!! They learned a very important lesson, trust no one when it comes to your child’s future!

If they can't take the time to do diligent research then I don't feel sorry for them.

Surely you agree.

Do you believe that ignorance should be used as a defense and result in no penalty?