Confederate Flag Music

15 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This is it here.  

This is in fact a damn fact.  And later those losing traitors tried revisionism themselves. So of course their Sons and Daughters today will attempt to provide you and I tutelage on their revisionism.  Trying to give me some B.S. explanation today leads me to believe the words embolden below are still embedded in the minds of those defenders today with it's Heritage not Hatred Mantra.   May the Souls of these treasonous bastards Be in perpetual Unrest in the bowels of Hell. 

before the war, Jefferson Davis defended secession, saying it was justified by Lincoln’s alleged radicalism. Davis claimed that Lincoln’s plan to limit slavery would make “property in slaves so insecure as to be comparatively worthless … thereby annihilating in effect property worth thousands of millions of dollars.” Alexander Stephens renounced the notion that all men are created equal, claiming that the Confederacy was

founded upon exactly the opposite idea … upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition.

He called this ideology a “great physical, philosophical and moral truth.”

But after the war, each man changed his interpretation. Davis referred to the “existence of African servitude” as “only an incident,” not the cause of the war. Stephens asserted,

Slavery, so called, was but the question on which these antagonistic principles … of Federation, on the one side, and Centralism … on the other … were finally brought into … collision.

Davis later wrote:

Never was there happier dependence of labor and capital on each other. The tempter came, like the serpent of Eden, and decoyed them with the magic word of “freedom” … He put arms in their hands, and trained their humble but emotional natures to deeds of violence and bloodshed, and sent them out to devastate their benefactors.

In such revisions of history lay the roots of the noble Lost Cause—the belief that the South didn’t lose, so much as it was simply overwhelmed by superior numbers; that General Robert E. Lee was a contemporary King Arthur; that slavery, to be sure a benevolent institution, was never central to the South’s true designs. Historical lies aside, the Lost Cause presented to the North an attractive compromise. 

• Like 1

Like Turner and Banneker before me.  It is incumbent upon those like themselves that are well read, smart, and prideful today to not only dispute the hypocrisy and revisionism but rebut it with the same fervor as those that regurgitate it as some historical fact.  "Let no man define your truth with his corruption of his own ills"  DD (2018). 

@Horsefly Peace be unto you.  Going fishing.  Monday is the big day with the New Gig.  😎

24 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

No actually it's not appropriate that Lee's name is at West Point, it's simple appeasement from the gov. I don't care that they recognize him, but he was not part of the United States military, he was their combatant enemy.

the genesis of our currrent Army was the Union Army, not confederate.  No matter how one wants to paint the picture, Lee was an adversary to that cause. 

The only comparison to bin laden is that they each had their loyal followers and were admired for their efforts.  

Lee made a clear and thoughtful decision to be a traitor, even after previous Union Army support and at West Point.  He turned his back on all of that and took up arms to preserve a southern practice of oppressing humans.  

He made his decisions and his legacy should be judged accordingly. 

Just now, DevilDog said:

Like Turner and Banneker before me.  It is incumbent upon those like themselves that are well read, smart, and prideful today to not only dispute the hypocrisy and revisionism but rebut it with the same fervor as those that regurgitate it as some historical fact.  Let no man define your truth with his corruption of his own ills.  

@Horsefly Peace be unto you.  Going fishing.  Monday is the big day with the New Gig.  😎

Peace to you as well. Enjoy the day and again congrats!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

No actually it's not appropriate that Lee's name is at West Point, it's simple appeasement from the gov. I don't care that they recognize him, but he was not part of the United States military, he was their combatant enemy.

the genesis of our currrent Army was the Union Army, not confederate.  No matter how one wants to paint the picture, Lee was an adversary to that cause. 

The only comparison to bin laden is that they each had their loyal followers and were admired for their efforts.  

Lee was a US Army general and a very fine one.  And Confederate veterans are, under the law, considered US veterans.  I understand that you do not approve, but wiser men than you or I already decided this.

16 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Lee was a US Army general and a very fine one.  And Confederate veterans are, under the law, considered US veterans.  I understand that you do not approve, but wiser men than you or I already decided this.

Not necessarily wiser, they were simply appealing to white male superiority in order to preserve the Union.  That's neither admirable nor commendable.  This rationale is what led the Union to let the South dictate how to manage the new freed slaves which led to decades of Jim Crowism and peonage.  

Its very ironic confederates whose ideals and political policy were at odds with the US would even consider to be validated by the nation they opposed and worse yet as being US veterans.  

Anyways, that's the US history, warts and all. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Not necessarily wiser, they were simply appealing to white superiority to preserve the Union.  That's neither admirable nor commendable.  This rationale is what led the Union to let the South dictate how to manage the new freed slaves which led to decades of Jim Crowism and peonage.  

Its very ironic confederates whose ideals and political policy were at odds with the US would even consider to be validated by the nation they opposed and worse yet as being US veterans.  

Anyways, that's the US history, warts and all. 

The last line is so true.

Years later, Union and Confederate veterans became almost like brothers at reunions. They were the first soldiers to have experienced the horrors of modern war.

19 hours ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Have been getting into some "southern-style rock" lately (2 bands in particular - Blackberry Smoke, and The Bottle Rockets).  The Bottle Rockets have a great song called "Wave that Flag" about the Confederate Flag that made me think of some of the denizens of this board...

Dont really give a shit about the flag BS, and the Bottle Rockets, IMO are...just ok and not on BS's level,

but love Blackberry Smoke!! Have seen them twice. Awesome live show.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Have been getting into some "southern-style rock" lately (2 bands in particular - Blackberry Smoke, and The Bottle Rockets).  The Bottle Rockets have a great song called "Wave that Flag" about the Confederate Flag that made me think of some of the denizens of this board...

All Southern Rock is good for these days is biker and trump rallies.....

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

That's great!  VERY few people up in our neck of the woods probably even know who they are!

You idiots don't even know who the Secretary of State IS! You have a 28 year old call girl from Nu Yok, who doesn't know her ass from a hole in the ground about politics! And SHE just unseated the fourth most powerful DEM legislator in Congress, by offering FREE SHIT to the voters!xD

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

The South Tortured Black Prisoners.  The revisionism is tragic to say the least and reeks of privilege just like that afforded to those treasonous bastards.  

Are you a FUCKING IDIOT? The SOUTH starved their prisoners, because your boy Sherman cut off the supply lines to even the SOLDIERS, and burned the state of Georgia to the fucking ground! CONVERSELY, the NORTHERN prison camps purposefully starved Southern prisoners, in retaliation! You need to brush up on CIVIL WAR HISTORY, and not that Left Wing whacko bullshit they spread in high schools and colleges of today!

You wanna talk TREASON? Lets talk Barack Hussein and HILLARY regarding fast and furious, Iran payoffs of 150 BILLION dollars to the anti American leaders, and RUSSIAN COLLUSION with Vladimir!!

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

This is in fact a damn fact.  And later those losing traitors tried revisionism themselves. So of course their Sons and Daughters today will attempt to provide you and I tutelage on their revisionism.  Trying to give me some B.S. explanation today leads me to believe the words embolden below are still embedded in the minds of those defenders today with it's Heritage not Hatred Mantra.   May the Souls of these treasonous bastards Be in perpetual Unrest in the bowels of Hell. 

before the war, Jefferson Davis defended secession, saying it was justified by Lincoln’s alleged radicalism. Davis claimed that Lincoln’s plan to limit slavery would make “property in slaves so insecure as to be comparatively worthless … thereby annihilating in effect property worth thousands of millions of dollars.” Alexander Stephens renounced the notion that all men are created equal, claiming that the Confederacy was

founded upon exactly the opposite idea … upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition.

He called this ideology a “great physical, philosophical and moral truth.”

But after the war, each man changed his interpretation. Davis referred to the “existence of African servitude” as “only an incident,” not the cause of the war. Stephens asserted,

Slavery, so called, was but the question on which these antagonistic principles … of Federation, on the one side, and Centralism … on the other … were finally brought into … collision.

Davis later wrote:

Never was there happier dependence of labor and capital on each other. The tempter came, like the serpent of Eden, and decoyed them with the magic word of “freedom” … He put arms in their hands, and trained their humble but emotional natures to deeds of violence and bloodshed, and sent them out to devastate their benefactors.

In such revisions of history lay the roots of the noble Lost Cause—the belief that the South didn’t lose, so much as it was simply overwhelmed by superior numbers; that General Robert E. Lee was a contemporary King Arthur; that slavery, to be sure a benevolent institution, was never central to the South’s true designs. Historical lies aside, the Lost Cause presented to the North an attractive compromise. 

HEY BOZO! Did you know THESE lil factoids about the UNCIVIL War?

1.Honest Abe was a REPUBLICAN

2. The DEMS were PRO SLAVERY

3. Sherman HATED BLACKS! They, like today, were merely a means to an end! When he torched Georgia, the slaves followed like lil puppy dogs, until he TORCHED the BRIDGES behind him, to trap them in their homeland!

4. 95% of WHITE males in the South, owned NO slaves! WHY would they fight for something that didn't have any effect on their lives? 

5. The war was fought over STATE'S RIGHTS! Only when the war was going badly, and Northern inscription was lagging! Did Lincoln make it about SLAVERY!

6 LASTLY, Lincoln stated that after the war, and the slaves were freed! He opted to send them to an island by themselves! 

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Lee made a clear and thoughtful decision to be a traitor, even after previous Union Army support and at West Point.  He turned his back on all of that and took up arms to preserve a southern practice of oppressing humans.  

He made his decisions and his legacy should be judged accordingly. 

Lee opted to side with his COUNTRY of Virginia! He could not fight against his family and friends! CONVERSELY, you black boys like to fight against ICE , POOOLice, and Border Patrol, EVERY WAKING SECOND!

11 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

@DevilDog and @Horsefly 

Real nice work in this topic.  I have zero hope anything you guys say is going to sink in to the confederacy people but appreciate the knowledge your guys impart.  Smiley face for both of you. 

The Confederacy people?xD During a time of war to protect THIS country! SOUTHERNERS are the FIRST to sign up! It's you Northern and Western pukes, who look for a deferments due to being gay, a physical disability, or like Cassius Clay, a Conscience Objector pass! 

3 hours ago, Bormio said:

SOUNDS good in theory BUT! TRUTH be known, there isn't a SINGLE Confederate veteran who is planted in a United States government cemetery! At Gettysburg, they are housed in MASS graves!

4 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

SOUNDS good in theory BUT! TRUTH be known, there isn't a SINGLE Confederate veteran who is planted in a United States government cemetery! At Gettysburg, they are housed in MASS graves!

Not true.  There are Confederates buried in Arlington.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

You idiots don't even know who the Secretary of State IS! You have a 28 year old call girl from Nu Yok, who doesn't know her ass from a hole in the ground about politics! And SHE just unseated the fourth most powerful DEM legislator in Congress, by offering FREE SHIT to the voters!xD

Mike Pompeo.

Didn’t even have to use the google machine.

And let’s dispense with the FAKE-Christian piety and modesty among you Southrons.  You can KEEP the HAIRY HAWGS that y’all call WIMMIN!!!!!

Give me an easy liberal Nuyorican any day (or night).  I won’t promise her a lifetime of marital bliss, but I can promise her she’ll at least be my special lady for the evening...