Enemy of the people

Nolebull813

On 8/3/2018 at 9:09 PM, World Citizen said:

Republicans have been consistent in their attempts to deny people the right to vote for a long time.  

And the tax cuts for the rich never seems to be questioned by the average Repub voter.  That's the free giveaway by the gov to the rich and never a word from them.  But getting angry at the poor must be more satisfying.  

😕

How is requiring an ID of some sort that confirms your legal right to vote denying your right to vote. I hear this bs all the time and honestly don’t get it... 

20 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

How is requiring an ID of some sort that confirms your legal right to vote denying your right to vote. I hear this bs all the time and honestly don’t get it... 

Its kind of their thing.  Been doing it for years.  Just take a look at various state laws that are on the books attempting to make voting more difficult for groups of people.  

When i get some more time I will post some examples of what I mean.  

On 8/3/2018 at 10:43 PM, DarterBlue said:

I disagree. And, there are many individuals, some with substantial income, that pay little to no taxes, as our tax code is riddled with exceptions, deductions and other loopholes. And no, the tax legislation did not close many of them and in fact it created several new ones. 

I believe all citizens, except those currently incarcerated should have the right to vote. 

You  should have to own land - and be male.

4 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Its kind of their thing.  Been doing it for years.  Just take a look at various state laws that are on the books attempting to make voting more difficult for groups of people.  

When i get some more time I will post some examples of what I mean.  

I would love to hear how an ID makes it more difficult or suppresses  specific “ groups “ from voting. 

4 hours ago, World Citizen said:

This goes both ways.  I voted republican 4 elections ago after registering here in CA.  My polling location has been changed for every federal and state election each time since and with no notification.  Meanwhile neighbors to the left and across the street who moved in at the same time, and who happen to be dems, have the same polling location as original.   Hmmm, how does that happen?  

3 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

I would love to hear how an ID makes it more difficult or suppresses  specific “ groups “ from voting. 

A few examples if you care to read  it. 

http://time.com/4837622/voter-suppression-democracy-senator-chris-coons/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jordanlebeau/2016/11/07/a-state-by-state-guide-to-voter-restriction-laws/#7028f70a75cc

3 minutes ago, On2whls said:

This goes both ways.  I voted republican 4 elections ago after registering here in CA.  My polling location has been changed for every federal and state election each time since and with no notification.  Meanwhile neighbors to the left and across the street who moved in at the same time, and who happen to be dems, have the same polling location as original.   Hmmm, how does that happen?  

I'm not sure I understand.  When I lived in Cali the place I voted was determined by my location.  Since when do Republican and Democrats go to separate places to vote? 

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

I did read both but still didn’t get the answer I was looking for. 

I see no issue with having to have a certified state- Federal ID to vote. 

The “it stops minorities from voting” is bs. For one, there’s prob more poor white people in this country than minorities. That is what we read on here often...

Suggesting that minorities can’t vote because they can’t acquire an ID is a slap in their face imo. Basically saying they’re not as capable or financially able or transportation able to do so. Breaking News, poor white people gave the same problem. 

If someone can’t get an ID in time between voting periods, that seems like a serious individual issue. 

Things you need an ID for: buying car-driving car-register car,  drinking, smoking, banking, jobs, welfare, housing-rent-own, fly, marriage license, buy a gun, hotel, fishing license, cell phone, gamble, donate blood, buy cold medicine, chew, pawn shop, library card, state and federal licensing, etc

Wheres the uproar over these?

Why aren’t these tasks requiring I’d considered racist?

Are these tasks listed above not important to minorities, therefore it’s ok you need an id for them? 

Somehiw id shouldn’t be required for voting? 

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I'm not sure I understand.  When I lived in Cali the place I voted was determined by my location.  Since when do Republican and Democrats go to separate places to

As I said, none of the three of us have moved, my polling location has been changed, theirs hasn’t.  I’m just doing the proxy thing now.

9 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

I did read both but still didn’t get the answer I was looking for. 

I see no issue with having to have a certified state- Federal ID to vote. 

The “it stops minorities from voting” is bs. For one, there’s prob more poor white people in this country than minorities. That is what we read on here often...

Suggesting that minorities can’t vote because they can’t acquire an ID is a slap in their face imo. Basically saying they’re not as capable or financially able or transportation able to do so. Breaking News, poor white people gave the same problem. 

If someone can’t get an ID in time between voting periods, that seems like a serious individual issue. 

Things you need an ID for: buying car-driving car-register car,  drinking, smoking, banking, jobs, welfare, housing-rent-own, fly, marriage license, buy a gun, hotel, fishing license, cell phone, gamble, donate blood, buy cold medicine, chew, pawn shop, library card, state and federal licensing, etc

Wheres the uproar over these?

Why aren’t these tasks requiring I’d considered racist?

Are these tasks listed above not important to minorities, therefore it’s ok you need an id for them? 

Somehiw id shouldn’t be required for voting? 

The list done by Forbes mentions "passed by Democratically controlled..." quite a bit.

It appears that we are supposed to provide limo rides to the polling stations and no requirement at all to prove who you actually are to vote.