African-Americans are jumping on the Trump Train

paladin4ever

3 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Why is black unemployment on the rise now ??? Why the added support for Trump by blacks?? I asked two blacks at my gym.....One is a Pharmacist the other a Dective with West Palm Police......Both did not know, but both voted for Trump....

Is Your Gym in Soweto?  WTF Dude. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Sportsnut said:

Voters across all racial and ethnic groups believe Trump is setting race relations back. Three quarters of African Americans, Latinos and Asian Americans believe Trump is setting race relations back while a small majority of white voters believe so. Black women (89%), in particular, feel disrespected by President Trump. This is a likely contributor to why African American women voters have had high turnout in recent off year and special elections – witness Alabama and Virginia.Trump’s strategy of trotting out black people to support him is not working, if it is intended to inspire African American support for him or his policies. Black celebrities like Kanye West or Dennis Rodman who support Trump do not help Trump’s support among African American voters. To the contrary, more than three times as many black voters say that black celebrities speaking on Trump’s behalf makes them less interested in listening to or supporting Trump’s ideas than black voters who say it would make them more open to listening to or supporting Trump’s ideas. A majority of black voters say these celebrities have no impact.  Derrick Johnson, NAACP President and CEO, said, “Our analysis shows President Trump’s racism is a major factor in both why and how people will vote in the midterm elections. The poll confirms how Trump’s racism has not only divided the nation and polluted policy, but also serves as a key factor in motivating voters of color to disrupt politics as usual on a national scale. 2,045 registered voters were interviewed in the 61 congressional districts deemed most competitive by Cook, CNN and Crystal Ball, and the overall poll has a margin of error of +/- 2.1%.

21% = landslide.

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

I agree with them leaving the Dems, but to go to the repubs is just as naive and closed minded.  they went from one plantation to the next. They need to ask Michael Steele if we are wanted and appreciated. 

What would you see as the alternative?  A black-identity based party would maybe get a few House seats and state legislature seats in majority-minority districts, but would never get Senate representation, win a governorship, or get anywhere close to the White House.

I always liked Steele.  Wish he had won the MD Senate seat back in 2006.  He ran a good campaign but MD is a very liberal state generally and 2006 was a bad year to have an "R" next to your name.

35 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

What would you see as the alternative?  A black-identity based party would maybe get a few House seats and state legislature seats in majority-minority districts, but would never get Senate representation, win a governorship, or get anywhere close to the White House.

I always liked Steele.  Wish he had won the MD Senate seat back in 2006.  He ran a good campaign but MD is a very liberal state generally and 2006 was a bad year to have an "R" next to your name.

Be an independent (that’s what I am) and not a voting bloc to either party.  Frankly national representation has not worked out too great bc it has created complacency and corruption. 

We all have very different national issues anyways, what’s important to me is not important to another black.  

At the lower level (city level) though I think identity politics is more relevant bc you can have issues that are localized to one demographic, people tend to live in segregated areas so schooling in those areas, business development, infrastructure, etc. are critical points. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

2,045 registered voters were interviewed in the 61 congressional districts deemed most competitive by Cook, CNN and Crystal Ball, and the overall poll has a margin of error of +/- 2.1%.

"Only polled the 61 congressional districts deemed most competitive"

Read and comprehend son.

So it is not a snapshot representative of African American voters.

Okay. xD

Stats 101. Feel free to get some at your convenience. 

2 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

2,045 registered voters were interviewed in the 61 congressional districts deemed most competitive by Cook, CNN and Crystal Ball, and the overall poll has a margin of error of +/- 2.1%.

"Only polled the 61 congressional districts deemed most competitive"

Read and comprehend son.

So it is not a snapshot representative of African American voters.

This could be a legit criticism.  Inner city CD’s with high African-American votes are typically not competitive.  There could be a sampling bias.