Bishop Gorman Thread

Sammyswordsman

27 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You remember incorrectly. BD is tops. Of late any others have been mediocre, multi-loss teams at best. And Trinity* is the only elite team in KY. I still think no one comes close to Bingham in UT. Liberty>East

St.x in Kentucky has been ranked. 

25 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

No. Actually they don't.  Not in a national sense.  They get there too team courtesy ranked every year tho.

How come you are so obsessed with "national" when your team is so barely regional, that you have to claim a league instead of your own team?

I can't believe you clowns engage this clown and his 20 names. 

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You remember incorrectly. BD is tops. Of late any others have been mediocre, multi-loss teams at best. And Trinity* is the only elite team in KY. I still think no one comes close to Bingham in UT. Liberty>East

Warren Central is always solid.

And you said "of late"... Ben Davis, Warren Central, and Center Grove was good in '15 & '16. Carmel is good sometimes. Indy Cathedral is decent.

2017 Ben Davis was a baddddd mama jama.

Yes, Trinity is definitely the only elite team in KY.

East is atleast close to Bingham. Corner Canyon will catch Bingham soon. Watch closely. They are new, so they are unknown... But CC will catch Bingham.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

There was another undefeated team in Kentucky that was as good as Louisville Trinity last season.  

All but 6 or 7 states top 5's would lose a series against the Indiana top 5 on any given year.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Again SJb has continued to schedule like a nationally relevant team I believe. Let's see if liberty does. For now I'm not considering liberty a nationally relevant team. That's just my opinion. 

Liberty is playing @ Saguaro (AZ) this year. This Saguaro team already has 19 players from the 2019 through 2021 classes with D1 offers. I'm pretty sure that they are the most talented team in AZ far surpassing Chandler, Centennial or Hamilton when it comes to pure talent. And the third most talented team in the west region just behind MD and SJB.

IMG is also playing @ Liberty this year. And everybody knows that the Ascenders are loaded. They probably have the most talent on one team in the nation.

Liberty is also playing Lone Peak (UT) and Lone Peak is one of the top three teams in Utah. Just behind Bingham and as good as East.

Liberty has also traveled to CA, HI, AZ, FL and TX. Coach Muraco is trying to play the best teams that he can. So that one day his Patriots can knock off Gorman.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Liberty is playing @ Saguaro (AZ) this year. This Saguaro team already has 19 players from the 2019 through 2021 classes with D1 offers. I'm pretty sure that they are the most talented team in AZ far surpassing Chandler, Centennial or Hamilton when it comes to pure talent. And the third most talented team in the west region just behind MD and SJB.

IMG is also playing @ Liberty this year. And everybody knows that the Ascenders are loaded. They probably have the most talent on one team in the nation.

Liberty is also playing Lone Peak (UT) and Lone Peak is one of the top three teams in Utah. Just behind Bingham and as good as East.

Liberty has also traveled to CA, HI, AZ, FL and TX. Coach Muraco is trying to play the best teams that he can. So that one day his Patriots can knock off Gorman.

Again if the schedule keeps going and they have to beat teams I will consider them nationally relevant. I've said this like 4x. You cant have the schedule and not win the game though. That doesnt count towards national relevance 

Ben Davis, Warren Central, Center Grove and Carmel are all name brand schools and depending on the year, all have at one time or another, stepped into a strong nationally relevant sphere. It is not easy to run through the Indy Metro League.

KY is IMO, a one and one half horse state. Trinity and St X.

Ohio?.... well its Ohio and there is no need to re-elaborate on what we already know.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

Ben Davis, Warren Central, Center Grove and Carmel are all name brand schools and depending on the year, all have at one time or another, stepped into a strong nationally relevant sphere. It is not easy to run through the Indy Metro League.

KY is IMO, a one and one half horse state. Trinity and St X.

Ohio?.... well its Ohio and there is no need to re-elaborate on what we already know.

Scott County and Louisville Male have won titles recently in the Kentucky big school division.  Bowling Green has been better than St. X the past 6 or 7 years, which is why St. X poached their coach.  

You need to learn a little more about Kentucky.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

"Most offers" shouldn't be immediately correlated to "most talented"; take a deeper look at the offer sheets for Saguaro and you see a lot of guys that have turned ideal D-1 measurables and production into mid-tier D-1 offers (the lineman commit to SJSU, the twins that have committed to Brown, the d-lineman who's lone offer is from Army).  These are guys that got their offers as much for what they've done off the field (grades) as it is for what they've done on it (this is a good thing).  Then you have a group of guys that have turned ideal D-1 measurables and middling production into solid offers (Robinson, the Polk brothers, Shivers), guys who have no varsity experience that are getting offers (Beverrett and Covington); both of these groups are kids being recruited not for who they are as players now but what they might become in 4-5 years (i.e. less a reflection of current abilities and more a reflection of potential).   Then there's a couple guys with fringe D-1 measurables who have massive production and mid-tier offers (Soelle and Randall); these are guys who have played their way into D-1 status (again, a good thing) but if were an inch or two shorter are entertaining juco and walk-on offers (reality is this could be said for a good share of Saguaro's D-1 kids).  Now we're to the guys who are "it", the guys that have the measurables to be D-1 studs and have demonstrated the ability for that to translate on the field; this is where Kelee Ringo and Damian Sellers come into the picture.  

How is that relevant?  Because when you're comparing Saguaro to Chandler you're comparing them to a team that has a handful of kids that fit the profile of the last group-Conover and Liebrock both got offers from about every big-time program in the nation, and also had fantastic production as juniors.  Demarcus Griffin and Matthew Pola-Mao are transfers who fall in that same category, and the junior class has a couple kids (Maldonado and Romney) that have already had big-time production and have started off with decent offer sheets (i.e. these are guys that aren't in that group yet but seem pretty destined for it).  

The offers Saguaro has gotten are reflective of a number of kids that fit the profile of a D-1 athlete (grades and height); this is not a bad thing in any way, shape, or form but is a very different thing than them having the most talent of any other team in Arizona.  Athlete for athlete Saguaro is not in the same class as the best 6A or even 5A teams in Arizona.  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, nptb17 said:

There was another undefeated team in Kentucky that was as good as Louisville Trinity last season.  

All but 6 or 7 states top 5's would lose a series against the Indiana top 5 on any given year.  

Covington Catholic as good as Trinity?

Thats completely impossible to say, CC never played anyone any good at all.

Either way I really doubt.

Indiana usually is pretty dang good at the very top. BD, Warren Central, Carmel, Center Grove, Indy Cathedral... Yeah. They could hang with most states Top 5 outside of the very top few.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Covington Catholic as good as Trinity?

Thats completely impossible to say, CC never played anyone any good at all.

Either way I really doubt.

Indiana usually is pretty dang good at the very top. BD, Warren Central, Carmel, Center Grove, Indy Cathedral... Yeah. They could hang with most states Top 5 outside of the very top few.

It's not impossible to say for someone who saw them both live.  Louisville Trinity and Cov Cath was a toss up game last season.  Don't act like you know whats going on in Kentucky, Ohio or Indiana.

2 hours ago, nptb17 said:

It's not impossible to say for someone who saw them both live.  Louisville Trinity and Cov Cath was a toss up game last season.  Don't act like you know whats going on in Kentucky, Ohio or Indiana.

I watch plenty of games in those states.

Of course it looked like CC could hang with Trinity, they were beating up on mehs...

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:14 PM, Gridiron Godfather said:

They will be as prepared as possible to do so.  It would be a nice notch in the belt for this years Sr class & would serve as a springboard into the next 3 OOS games.  There will be quite a few familiar faces on both teams  but that should be outweighed by the bunch of new faces expected to step up this year to fill spots from players graduated.  Game could be much different from last year which really makes it hard to handicap. 

Last time we were a home dog was probably either BTW or Armwood & maybe even vs DLS last year following our 2 L’s.

Have not seen you on here for a while.    Hope everything is good and know you are looking forward to another great season of high school football.     As our group was looking back on last years games we all thought of you and the great hospitality you provided while we were in Vegas.     Take care and hope to see you again some day at a great high school football event.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I watch plenty of games in those states.

Of course it looked like CC could hang with Trinity, they were beating up on mehs...

Trinity's schedule was slightly better than Cov Cath's last season with Warren Central being the 1 team on Trinity's schedule who could have beat Cov Cath.  Moeller and Carmel were not good football teams last season.  

15 hours ago, whiteshoes said:

Have not seen you on here for a while.    Hope everything is good and know you are looking forward to another great season of high school football.     As our group was looking back on last years games we all thought of you and the great hospitality you provided while we were in Vegas.     Take care and hope to see you again some day at a great high school football event.

Thank you and I really enjoyed spending time with you guys last year.  Let me know if you make it back out here for a game.  Been keeping an eye on the site, but had a worldwind Spring/Summer recruiting/camp/combine circuit going there for awhile.  

• Haha 1