College Football Thread: Which Team Outside the Preseason Top 25 Could Upset the Apple Cart?

paladin4ever

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

Georgia Tech or Colorado State

Colorado State lost it's record-setting QB, a WR Biletnikoff finalist, their leading rusher, and 3 offensive linemen. Their defense during the current coach's tenure has never even been as good as "average."

I'd be pleased, but surprised, if they improve any this year.

What -- besides a coach from Georgia who was given a $10M contract extension for going 7-6 and losing a bowl game each of his first three years as a head coach -- do you like about them doing anything differently this year?

Bobo needs to step up, or he'll just keep muddling along in mediocrity.

23 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

They have an influx of Georgia players.

They will turn it around

They now have 9 players from Ga. and plenty are coming from the south to CS and it is going to be a whole different story soon.

There is a reason he got the raise.

He is bringing in players.

They have been getting SEC-area players for a while now.

CSU was 3-9 for 3 seasons in a row up thru 2011, then brought in Jim McElwain from Alabama, who improved each year until finishing 2014 with a record of 10-2. 

Bobo came in 2015 and has gone 7-6, 7-6, 7-6. The only turning around would be to turn around the underachieving culture Bobo has on his record.

Again, I'd like to see the team do well, and wish him luck, but he hasn't proven a positive thing yet.

15 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

South carolina.......Deebo Samuel's is back. Could be a very potent offense. Dont sleep on the Gamecocks. Have a very big game against Georgia early in the season 

You know that Carolina has a STUD O, when one of the best hybrid receivers in GHSA HISTORY, is sitting on their bench, in Kiel Pollard!

11 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Texas Longhorns 

wildcard Rutgers 

ok on texas...but come on ....rutgers......I am a supporter ...always root for the scarlet knights....but their goal is a bowl game and better then 500 in big ten...to give Ash and Nunzio some recruitring juice....would be great though...

saw my Irish at #9 in SI's poll...a bit too high with O line / RBs / WRs gone....but could be a special year if Wimbush can evolve....

41 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

ok on texas...but come on ....rutgers......I am a supporter ...always root for the scarlet knights....but their goal is a bowl game and better then 500 in big ten...to give Ash and Nunzio some recruitring juice....would be great though...

saw my Irish at #9 in SI's poll...a bit too high with O line / RBs / WRs gone....but could be a special year if Wimbush can evolve....

ND gonna beat Michigan in the first week. 

Doesnt really matter how Rutgers does right now.....they are collecting big 10 $$$$$$

1 hour ago, SJR89 said:

ND is stacked on the offensive line.  No one has recruited better there than ND.  The question is how much the loss of the best OL coach in the business hurts them.  Wr play was terrible average last season but a lot of that had to do with Wimbush not being accurate.  He must be accurate or I say put Jurkovec in and go from there.

Defense should be solid again.

21 hours ago, paladin4ever said:

I’m going with Florida Atlantic. Lane Kiffin, Devin Singletary...winning combination! Early test vs. Oklahoma.

Middle Tennessee plays both Georgia on September 15th and Florida Atlantic on the 29th. 

I guess if they managed to win those games that would definitely upset some apple cart somewhere.