Georgia Thread

Sammyswordsman

2018 figures to be another year of King of the Hill in Georgia which begins the year with (11) squads rated at 50.0 or better by Calpreps.  This is the most ever teams to begin the season above the half century mark and reflects the continued progression of Georgia football on the national landscape.  At the top is a virtual tie between upstart Marietta and traditional powerhouse the Grayson Rams. 

At the precarious top spot is Marietta which goes from the frying pan into the fire immediately as they travel to defending State Champs Rome on Aug 16.  If they survive this and a showdown with Grayson on Sept. 7, the stage will be set for a championship run and a lofty national ranking.  A rare OOS travel game for a Top Ranked Ga. team awaits the Blue Devils on Sept. 22 when Marietta travels to DC to knock heads with National Powerhouse St. John's.

Parlayed by a brutalizing defense, the Grayson Rams are no joke, and intend to serve notice to visiting NJ State Champs Bergen Catholic, that Ga football can compete successfully against any region in the country.  The Aug 31. interstate matchup has the attention of the National media, with significant bragging rights at stake.  A grudge match vs. State Runner up Colquitt County on Sept. 21 will play out to a packed house, and give a preview of what figures to be a brutal AAAAAAA playoff bracket.

Marietta    71.7

Grayson   71.1

Rome   66.5

Buford   60.9

Blessed Trinity   60.4

Colquitt County   60.3

Walton   59.2

Archer   57.8

McEachern  56.3

North Gwinett   54.8

Lowndes   37.2

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

2018 figures to be another year of King of the Hill in Georgia which begins the year with (11) squads rated at 50.0 or better by Calpreps.  This is the most ever teams to begin the season above the half century mark and reflects the continued progression of Georgia football on the national landscape.  At the top is a virtual tie between upstart Marietta and traditional powerhouse the Grayson Rams. 

At the precarious top spot is Marietta which goes from the frying pan into the fire immediately as they travel to defending State Champs Rome on Aug 16.  If they survive this and a showdown with Grayson on Sept. 7, the stage will be set for a championship run and a lofty national ranking.

Parlayed by a brutalizing defense, the Grayson Rams are no joke, and intend to serve notice to visiting NJ State Champs Bergen Catholic, that Ga football can compete successfully against any region in the country.  The Aug 31. interstate matchup has the attention of the National media, with significant bragging rights at stake.  A grudge match vs. State Runner up Collquitt County on Sept. 21 will play out to a packed house, and give a preview of what figures to be a brutal AAAAAAA playoff bracket.

Marietta    71.7

Grayson   71.1

Rome   66.5

Buford   60.9

Blessed Trinity   60.4

Collquit County   60.3

Walton   59.2

Archer   57.8

McEachern  56.3

North Gwinett   54.8

Lowndes   37.2

Who IS this guy, and WHAT did he do with my SAMBO?😵 You MISPELLED ColLquitT NUMB NUTS!

4 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Using what everyone else uses, Max has them as # 10 in the state.

They have BT at # 7.

But I guess you know better.

So who wins?

Never know will we?

Where do you see Max has them #10 in the state for the 2018 Preseason? They finished #10 in 2017 at CalPreps (which MaxPreps uses)

Because I see 16th this preseason (and Max is really CalPreps, unless you mean the MaxPreps Top 100... Which ELCA wasnt in)

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Where do you see Max has them #10 in the state for the 2018 Preseason? They finished #10 in 2017 at CalPreps (which MaxPreps uses)

Because I see 16th this preseason (and Max is really CalPreps, unless you mean the MaxPreps Top 100... Which ELCA wasnt in)

4 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Why?

I am not one of these little puppets that know nothing about Georgia football.

You can't tell me the same as you telling them,.

I discount your word anyway.

You are a defeatist.

You think teams are better and have no knowledge of said teams. You think teams from outside this state are superior to those in state and I simply don't. I don't give credit for a name. 

Because you get shit wrong ALL THE TIME.

Nowhere is ELCA 10th this Preseason.

17 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

You say.

That in no way makes it real.

These people who make up these polls, don't seem to factor in, DEPTH of talent! There ain't a FIVE STAR on the PLANET, who can out perform TWO or THREE REALLY GOOD high school players in rotation! And sometimes, the single high schooler gets the better of the stud! Exhibit A and B, was when 290lb. All American Mercedes Hamilton was bitch slapped by a 190lb. Lincoln Co. Red Devil, who was probably slinging hash after graduation! And when the #1 DE in America, Robert Nkemdiche, had ONE sack in eight quarters, against Colquitt! The Grayson buffoons will tell you that it was because he was being double and tripled teamed? REALLY? Then WHY wasn't anybody ELSE sacking our QB? We SHOULD have SWEPT those BEEEOOOOTCHES!

19 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Why?

I am not one of these little puppets that know nothing about Georgia football.

You can't tell me the same as you telling them,.

I discount your word anyway.

You are a defeatist.

You think teams are better and have no knowledge of said teams. You think teams from outside this state are superior to those in state and I simply don't. I don't give credit for a name. 

You boys need to exhibit that neighborly LUUUUUUV! Cain't we ALL jist git aLOOOONG?😉

14 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

These people who make up these polls, don't seem to factor in, DEPTH of talent! There ain't a FIVE STAR on the PLANET, who can out perform TWO or THREE REALLY GOOD high school players in rotation! And sometimes, the single high schooler gets the better of the stud! Exhibit A and B, was when 290lb. All American Mercedes Hamilton was bitch slapped by a 190lb. Lincoln Co. Red Devil, who was probably slinging hash after graduation! And when the #1 DE in America, Robert Nkemdiche, had ONE sack in eight quarters, against Colquitt! The Grayson buffoons will tell you that it was because he was being double and tripled teamed? REALLY? Then WHY wasn't anybody ELSE sacking our QB? We SHOULD have SWEPT those BEEEOOOOTCHES!

We don't have to tell anyone.  All they have to do is look at Colquitt's own game footage for proof.

The record is 2-2.  Long way from a sweep.

2 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Like coach Augie said ...you don’t need depth to win , ...

Discipline and and conditioning wins games

and if you need a refresh look up any poll that lists consistent powerhouses 

NO GA TEAMS LISTED IN TOP 50

42 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't believe there is a private in this state in the top 10. All of them likely would get run off the field by the top 10 7A teams, most of the top 10 6A teams and several of the top 5A teams.

Any ranking with a Georgia private in the top ten is immediate trash. Real talk.

I tend to agree. Once in a blue moon, one of the top privates may assemble a team that can compete with the top 10, but none would be able to do it over the course of 10-15 games.

Most would have .500 records and less.

With that said, a few of the better private programs are worthy of being ranked in that 11-25 range in state.

41 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't believe there is a private in this state in the top 10. All of them likely would get run off the field by the top 10 7A teams, most of the top 10 6A teams and several of the top 5A teams.

Any ranking with a Georgia private in the top ten is immediate trash. Real talk.

Lowndes would stomp a mudhole in any Georgia private.

A MUDHOLE !!!!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fred said:

We don't have to tell anyone.  All they have to do is look at Colquitt's own game footage for proof.

The record is 2-2.  Long way from a sweep.

Did you factor in the one where the GHSA let you clowns STEAL one in 2016? Or how bout the one where you were GIVEN the 2011 SEMIS after Colquitt had recovered a game winning fumble?

50 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Apparently a Lee Co. kid drown recently? Anyone hear about this?

YEAH, he and a bunch of his friends were swinging from a rope in the river! And the undertow did him in! I don't think that he was a player though! Several Lee Co. players tried to save him, to no avail. Seems as though it was on WALB TV in Albany!

2 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Like coach Augie said ...you don’t need depth to win , ...

Discipline and and conditioning wins games

and if you need a refresh look up any poll that lists consistent powerhouses 

NO GA TEAMS LISTED IN TOP 50

THAT'S because when you play a REAL schedule, you tend to take losses like in the NFL, or EVEN the SEC! CONVERSELY, NEW Jersey plays a SHIT schedule! Some of our best teams EVER, had three or four losses! THAT'S why going 30-0 in 2014-2015 in GEORGIA, is EARTH SHAKING!

13 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Lowndes would stomp a mudhole in any Georgia private.

A MUDHOLE !!!!!!!

Rufus>>

For the time bein. Eric Sondheimer published this map pinpointing  where Loyola's student  athletes live. Very interesting. A preview of the future here? And this is why neighborhood ball will not fare too well against teams who have no boundries. I wish he'd posted one of MD and SJB's . For no other reason than to show the numdskulls how their teams are cobbled together.

38521646_1872156486212057_8295744497753522176_n.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JCGIII said:

For the time bein. Eric Sondheimer published this map pinpointing  where Loyola's student  athletes live. Very interesting. A preview of the future here? And this is why neighborhood ball will not fare too well against teams who have no boundries. I wish he'd posted one of MD and SJB's . For no other reason than to show the numdskulls how their teams are cobbled together.

38521646_1872156486212057_8295744497753522176_n.jpg

Every approx. 1" away from the green dot = 1 hr drive each morning