Georgia Thread

Sammyswordsman

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

That being said @ngdawg has informed us that NG won't be terribly good this year. And they have a No rest schedule... 

Vs. Hoover (AL)

@ North Cobb- 7A pre-season #3 behind Milton. 

@ Parkview 

Home vs. 5A Semifinalist Jones County-might be the weakest link on their schedule. 

Vs. Lovejoy-Decent

@ Archer- Yikes... 

Then they open up region play on the road against Mill Creek who is a wildcard this year. 

Then a home game against crosstown rival Collins Hills and 7A #1 they bring back alot from the 7A runner up squad that lost to Grayson. 

NG has a stiff schedule for a team that's playing with fresh faces... 

Don't sleep on Jones Co.

They very well could beat North. They have a few pretty good athletes. 

41 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

So from mu understanding Pelham has been uhhh... acquiring "Assets"

Creatively the way I hear it, but, I've even heard the coach has talked to another school's parents as well. Not that he has outright recruited, but, people understand why he's talking to them apparently. 

Seems kind of like improper stuff to me. Why would he be talking to other school's football parents at all really? 

I don't know how true that stuff is, but, it seems like a lot of smoke, so, there's bound to be some fire involved somewhere in there. 

55 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Jones is always a Player in 5A...

North better be ready to play. 

Javion Clark, 6'2, 175 lbs. 

Safety, Wide Receiver

Class of '23

GT offer

Jacksonville State

Javious Bond, 5'11, 170 lbs. 

DB, 

Class of '22

Ole Miss., GT, Jacksonville State, Minnesota

Zion Raggins 5'8, 150 lbs.

WR

CLASS OF '24

Georgia, Tennessee offers

John Alan Richter  6'3, 200 lbs.

QB

Offer Rider College, Lehigh College

Class of '21

So ESPN is going to air the number eight ranked Georgia team from last year against the 78th best Florida team? 

this sounds like Buford/Yulee all over again. This is a black eye for ESPN. What a waste of a time slot. 

@GardenStateBaller you need to tell your boy @rashid@paragonthat this is a terrible match up to televise. What is the justification?

11 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

So ESPN is going to air the number two ranked Georgia team from last year against the 78th best Florida team? 

this sounds like Buford/Yulee all over again. This is a black eye for ESPN. What a waste of a time slot. 

@GardenStateBaller you need to tell your boy @rashid@paragonthat this is a terrible match up to televise. What is the justification?

We may be surpised. At least one poll has LG at #2 pre-season behind STA in 7A. 

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

We may be surpised. At least one poll has LG at #2 pre-season behind STA in 7A. 

Preseason polls are interesting to look at but are completely meaningless in the grand scheme. They are meant for conversation before the sport starts. 

Lake Gibson has always been a well coached team that is pretty solid. I would put them in the 40 to 60 range realistically every year in the state. but that still doesn’t mean they should be playing a top-five team from a power state. It’s still a mismatch. 

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Preseason polls are interesting to look at but are completely meaningless in the grand scheme. They are meant for conversation before the sport starts. 

Lake Gibson has always been a well coached team that is pretty solid. I would put them in the 40 to 60 range realistically every year in the state. but that still doesn’t mean they should be playing a top-five team from a power state. It’s still a mismatch. 

Agree, but it's better than Lowends playing Drew and winning 69-6.