Maryland/DC Thread

Sammyswordsman

21 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

Gonzaga 24 #3 St Johns 14

Dematha vs Gonzaga in the WCAC final

The final will also be live streamed on1stamendmemtsports.com. Saturday's production was one of the best I have seen (several clear camera angles, , instant replay and quality, informed announcers). They are also doing the "B" league final between St. Mary's Ryken and Bishop O'Connell at 1pm. DeMatha v Gonzaga is at 6pm.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

The final will also be live streamed on1stamendmemtsports.com. Saturday's production was one of the best I have seen (several clear camera angles, , instant replay and quality, informed announcers). They are also doing the "B" league final between St. Mary's Ryken and Bishop O'Connell at 1pm. DeMatha v Gonzaga is at 6pm.

Games are on Sunday at Catholic University.

6 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

So COF Academy shows up in Baltimore with only ten players.. and doesn't get off bus to play SFA  Biff fed them anyway..   WTF are these guys running that scam of a program doing?  get those kids back in school well the ones who haven't graduated anyway..  This is the craziest story I have ever heard of.. These guys need to get jailed and the kids need a re do cuz they were lead astray,, what are the parents thinking allowing this?  put their dumb asses in jail too

GTFO.  That’s a long way to travel for dinner.  Don’t know whether it’s hilarious or sad...

22 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

Oakdale 24 Damascus 7. 53-game winning streak is over. Game called with 56 seconds left because that's how Maryland teams roll. Damascus has a 0.98 game losing streak now?

Wise 22 Flowers 12

SFA 64 West Toronto Prep 0

Serious question not tryin to be a jerk but why did they call the game with 56 seconds left? Usually that only happens with tempers flaring

12 minutes ago, Oldballcoach said:

Serious question not tryin to be a jerk but why did they call the game with 56 seconds left? Usually that only happens with tempers flaring

Bunch of unsportsmanlike penalties and a "scrum", apparently.

I liked this reference to last year's 12 men on the field controversy:
http://mocofb.com/post/33951/thread

Media not happy with their treatment at Damascus tonight either:

Well seems like just a very heated game. Media seems butt hurt and whiny but what else is new when they don’t get what they want. Playoff football that’s what it is all about. The media need to stick with actual reporting. They sounded like spoiled children told no by mom and dad. I am from So Md so have no stake in the game.

6 minutes ago, Oldballcoach said:

Well seems like just a very heated game. Media seems butt hurt and whiny but what else is new when they don’t get what they want. Playoff football that’s what it is all about. The media need to stick with actual reporting. They sounded like spoiled children told no by mom and dad. I am from So Md so have no stake in the game.

"Butt hurt"? ...may be inappropriate choice of words considering what's going on at Damascus.

Maryland 4A final: Quince Orchard 40 North Point 33

3A: Franklin 17 Linganore 14 (last-second field goal)

DCSAA Championship on Saturday, Friendship Collegiate vs. HD Woodson

Early WCAC basketball scores

McNamara 59 Gonzaga 58

DeMatha 131 The Heights 40 (Are people happy about The Heights eating up two games on their schedules?)

WCAC-BCL Challenge at DeMatha tomorrow

• 3 years later...