Maryland/DC Thread

Sammyswordsman

15 minutes ago, Puma5 said:

Time out don't down play the fact that wise went undefeated 3 years in pg county that's ridicules and dam near impossible do to the talent that comes out there and you say I'm riding Calvert hall coattails how when the got beat by wise lol I'm just stating facts 

Wise = 0 nationally relevant wins. 

You can start some crazy daisy chain trying to connect DM and Wise after that number changes. 

This is a national board. 95% of the posters have no clue what PG County or Wise are...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Wise = 0 nationally relevant wins. 

You can start some crazy daisy chain trying to connect DM and Wise after that number changes. 

This is a national board. 95% of the posters have no clue what PG County or Wise are...

Well wise with no wins nationally has 4 players in the NFL Zack Pascal Colts, Marcus Allen Pitt, Myles Humphreys Balt ,Ryan smith Bucks to all come from unranked public school that's crazy lol

12 minutes ago, Puma5 said:

Well wise with no wins nationally has 4 players in the NFL Zack Pascal Colts, Marcus Allen Pitt, Myles Humphreys Balt ,Ryan smith Bucks to all come from unranked public school that's crazy lol

No doubt that Wise produces great talent. As a program, Wise is very frustrating for football fans. Everyone knows they have high level talent, but at some point, they have to prove themselves against the top teams if they want to be included in that group. If anything, the Wise guys should take the criticism as a compliment. It’s tough love. Wise playing and beating top teams adds to the resume of the MD/DC region. Trying to lump Wise in with DeMatha through a chain involving Calvert Hall and McDonogh does nothing. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Puma5 said:

It does when all you see in this DC and Maryland thread is but wise barely beat Calvert hall so DeMatha barley beat a team Calvert hall beat convincingly and wise beat Calvert which should have been a blowout that's is my point 

Alright man, you win. Wise>DeMatha because Calvert Hall>McDonogh. Anyone who looks at the resumes and disagrees is a clown. Next logical step is Wise for MNC. You’ve got my vote, Puma...

3 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Alright man, you win. Wise>DeMatha because Calvert Hall>McDonogh. Anyone who looks at the resumes and disagrees is a clown. Next step is Wise for MNC. You’ve got my vote, Puma...

Lol mybad Nic ijs but Wise will play a DeMatha or good council before jalil Farooq graduates 

39 minutes ago, Puma5 said:

Lol mybad Nic ijs but Wise will play a DeMatha or good council before jalil Farooq graduates 

Im a huge wise football fan. But to be fair most years wise wouldnt beat dematha for obvious reasons. They recruit they have a feeder 8th grade team..they have national relevance. They jusy play rules wise cant..but i dont think the gap is as big as most think. Wise can definitely hang with them. 

3 hours ago, Puma5 said:

If you was at that game then you know realistically the score should've been 28-13 but playing against a team who gets to have spring ball and also plays a game a week before your first game and recruits and they haven't lost to a public school in 10 plus years and you beat them is phenomenal to me

I was there and saw the film. Again not talking trash about Wise they have put together a historic run.

38 minutes ago, Puma5 said:

Last weekend Westfield (3 straight VA state championships), Quince Orchard (lost to Wise two years in a row) and DeMatha scrimmaged.  The week before Westfield scrimmaged SJC.

Westfield has scrimmaged DM more than ten years in a row.  Several top VA programs (I.e. Centreville, Robinson) have played top WCAC teams in the regular season (Gonzaga, Good Counsel respectively).

Why won’t Wise schedule any of the top programs-even for a scrimmage?

2 minutes ago, Dmv_elite said:

Im a huge wise football fan. But to be fair most years wise wouldnt beat dematha for obvious reasons. They recruit they have a feeder 8th grade team..they have national relevance. They jusy play rules wise cant..but i dont think the gap is as big as most think. Wise can definitely hang with them. 

I agree with you on that 

Westfield would actually be the dream matchup for Wise: 3,200 student school with a rich football tradition and 5 state championships, approximately the same distance from downtown DC as Wise.  I would love to see the strongest Northern VA team play the best MD public.

It would be good for hs football in the metro DC area.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Puma5 said:

If you was at that game then you know realistically the score should've been 28-13 but playing against a team who gets to have spring ball and also plays a game a week before your first game and recruits and they haven't lost to a public school in 10 plus years and you beat them is phenomenal to me

I get it you are a Wise supporter but I was there and had the film. Bottom line Wise is having a great run but vs privates in the DMV they are mid pack on their best years.

Digging this thread. Been following along and I like that we are getting info that is outside the realm of the mainstream. 

This is how we learn about the other areas. 

Personally also glad about how everyone stood their ground against one team that over did it. Thinking they sound pretty small talking smack at this point also. Just my personal opinion. Don't like what they did or what they're doing. Good for the rest putting a foot down imo.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Digging this thread. Been following along and I like that we are getting info that is outside the realm of the mainstream. 

This is how we learn about the other areas. 

Personally also glad about how everyone stood their ground against one team that over did it. Thinking they sound pretty small talking smack at this point also. Just my personal opinion. Don't like what they did or what they're doing. Good for the rest putting a foot down imo.

Over did it is an understatement. Something had to be done. 

• Like 1