Maryland/DC Thread

Sammyswordsman

20 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Westfield, ranked #5 in the Post, won its 25th straight game tonight.  Wise has won 42 in a row.

The Post ranking is a joke ... Those streaks are impressive but if Wise wants to claim they are legit then schedule DM, GZ, SJC, GC, SFA or an OOS team that is in the top 50 

13 minutes ago, DMV said:

The Post ranking is a joke ... Those streaks are impressive but if Wise wants to claim they are legit then schedule DM, GZ, SJC, GC, SFA or an OOS team that is in the top 50 

I agree but I would like to see the three time defending VA state champion play the three time defending MD state champion.  

It would be fun to promote a game like this.  Would generate a lot of local interest.

11 hours ago, BigDrop said:

I agree but I would like to see the three time defending VA state champion play the three time defending MD state champion.  

It would be fun to promote a game like this.  Would generate a lot of local interest.

Yes would promote a lot of local interest I agree that would be a good first step ... But at some point they need to call DM, GC, GZ SJC or SFA just to see what they got 

SFA and DeMatha opponent Canada Prep forfeited their game against Madison (IL) at halftime after showing up with just 11 players:

Canada Prep Football Academy, based on St. Catherine, Ontario, made a 14-hour trip to play the Trojans on Saturday. Well, most of them did. Passport problems left half of the Raiders stuck at the U.S. border. The 11 Canadian players who were allowed to continue on their journey succumbed to the heat of a Midwest August.

With temperatures soaring into the mid 90s, Canada Prep coach Andre Clarke forfeited the game at halftime, giving the Trojans, a Class 1A playoff team a year ago, the 2-0 win.

“We had some roster issues. Some guys had problems with their passports at the border yesterday, and we had to leave them behind. That’s basically what the situation is,’’ Clarke said. “’Our next game isn’t for another three weeks, and so we’re alright timewise.

https://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article217267895.html

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/high-school/football/madison-picks-up-forfeit-win-after-playing-one-half-against/article_bccfce66-a8bf-11e8-a765-6bbdfa1f4d47.html

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MA Fan said:

Good Counsel and Spalding called due to weather with 2:57 left, tied at 35. Will not be completed according to Good Counsel twitter.

Correct Game will not count ...With a delay on both Friday night and Saturday and not completed the conferences and AD's called it a non contest 

On 8/24/2018 at 8:34 PM, eaglesinsider said:

Gilman football may be in serious trouble. They don't even have a JV team this year as far as I can tell.

Yeah, it seems something is missing without Gilman in the mix. I remember asking about what happened to them on the other board but don't remember the specifics.

7 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

Yeah, it seems something is missing without Gilman in the mix. I remember asking about what happened to them on the other board but don't remember the specifics.

Gilman had never been a successful program before Poggi arrived - won just 1 outright league title in the top division in the 61 years before Poggi arrived, and have been just as bad since he left (7-18, .280, with a -15.0 point differential). Its program is a non-factor, both nationally and locally. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2