Maryland/DC Thread

Sammyswordsman

9 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Wow, is AS that good? Very surprised GC didn't throttle them. 

AS is solid and extremely well coached. With that being said, GC should of handled them. Recently, GC has been known to drop a game per season, much like DeMatha, that leaves everyone scratching their head. Focus and discipline are very underrated when you look at the schedules of these “top” privates.

On 9/1/2018 at 2:26 PM, Dmv_elite said:

Went to The wise game yesterday vs camden hs...they won but they didnt look that good. Hopefully they get it together they wouldnt beat one of the area elites this year. They may lose to calvert hall

they look the same way they look when they first played Calvert hall and still won so what are saying that Camden team had more D1 players  than Calvert hall last year team the score should have been 42-6 Qb just had a bad game 142 rushing yards on the ground tho dont sleep on wise offense I watched them scrimmage paint branch they scored 77 points on them and the beat Milford mill 28-0 nothing running clock though first string had one series of plays 

18 minutes ago, Puma5 said:

they look the same way they look when they first played Calvert hall and still won so what are saying that Camden team had more D1 players  than Calvert hall last year team the score should have been 42-6 Qb just had a bad game 142 rushing yards on the ground tho dont sleep on wise offense I watched them scrimmage paint branch they scored 77 points on them and the beat Milford mill 28-0 nothing running clock though first string had one series of plays 

Im a puma fan.. but the score wasnt the problem...the drop balls...the overthrows..the penelties that shot them in ass time and time again. Im not down playing them..but ima keep it 100 when you dont look you good...you dont look good. They might have did all that in scrimmages but they were doing  thay last friday..i hope they do turn it around..i still think they will win state

1 hour ago, Dmv_elite said:

Im a puma fan.. but the score wasnt the problem...the drop balls...the overthrows..the penelties that shot them in ass time and time again. Im not down playing them..but ima keep it 100 when you dont look you good...you dont look good. They might have did all that in scrimmages but they were doing  thay last friday..i hope they do turn it around..i still think they will win state

played the same way against CH last year in still won thats all I'm saying 

St. Frances 41 Christ the King 6 called at halftime due to weather

Berks Catholic PA 14 McDonogh 13 late McDonogh 2pt conversion unsuccessful

DeMatha-Franklin postponed to Saturday at 10:00

Good Counsel-Mount St. Joseph postponed to Sunday at 2:00

Wise-Calvert Hall postponed to Saturday at 4:30

Spalding-Benedictine cancelled

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Wise was a poser. The streak was a farce due to the inferior opponents all those years after losing to SPP. Now we can get back to concentrating on the elite, nationally relevant MD/DC privates. Zaga looked really good today. Love their QB. 

Wise was who we thought they were ... Now if only Damascus would step up and challenge themselves but I think they are content playing in the 2A.  They do have the #1 player in the country don't they?

6 hours ago, DMV said:

Wise was who we thought they were ... Now if only Damascus would step up and challenge themselves but I think they are content playing in the 2A.  They do have the #1 player in the country don't they?

good now keep wise name out your mouth thank you 

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Zaga has given up only 7 points in four games including three shutouts. They nasty! 

It will be interesting to see how good they are when they finally play somebody...which won't be until league play in October. They didn't exactly test themselves non-league...here are their six non-league games (and MaxPrep national ranking): Gilman (2821), Sullivan (1571), DBP (276), Georgetown Prep (586), Peddie (676) and Carroll, DC (4733). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Being up 30-0 vs Bosco is good enough for me. That's better than SFA could muster last season, and DBP is better this season. I believe Zaga is #2 in the region at worst right now. Time will tell. 

You may be right but we won't know until they play Good Counsel and DeMatha in early October...should be an interesting race in the WCAC.

• Like 1