Maryland/DC Thread

Sammyswordsman

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:49 AM, WCACguy said:

It will be interesting to see how good they are when they finally play somebody...which won't be until league play in October. They didn't exactly test themselves non-league...here are their six non-league games (and MaxPrep national ranking): Gilman (2821), Sullivan (1571), DBP (276), Georgetown Prep (586), Peddie (676) and Carroll, DC (4733). 

I agree with you!  This schedule is farce....By no stretch of the imagination is Gonzaga preparing themselves for league play.  Don't get me wrong they have a great coaching staff and are a decent team but they need to challenge themselves a lot more than this cupcake schedule.  they are untested

59 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Why was St Johns/IMG the only game up there that was canceled? 

Another Florida team went up and played on Friday night and toured DC all of Saturday. What the hell happened with IMG? Scared? Lol. 

Weather was fine on Saturday...IMG was pretty quick to say they couldn't make it...does make you wonder.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Guys, Bosco is not that bad! Sheesh. Not everyone is in the position to schedule IMG, Hoover, MC and STA annually! 

To date, STAs drubbing of DMC is the worse WCAC loss. Be careful what you wish for. 

I'm not asking for Gonzaga to go through a gauntlet at all!  I will give you Don Bosco but the rest of the oos season is cupcake!!!! and they are acting like they have a legit Defense....Its decent but untested for sure..... They will be tested very quickly against GC on their 1st conference game.....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You're laughing, but GA really needs to show well in at least one of these high profile OOS matchups!!! #regressing 

While Ga hasn't done that great, I think you're exaggerating a ton.   Sure, Grayson had a bad game and some of the Gwinnett schools had a rough go at it, but it's not as bad as MOST people think IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Strictly as a fan, and a fan of Florida HSFB I hope this running clock does not happen.

as a PGL Southeast consultant, I hope St Frances Academy is assisted as a client to fill their scheduling needs. 

So im torn. Lol 

Why?   Just let it happen.  I'm interested what the results would be.  

10 minutes ago, 954gator said:

This is so annoying.   I don't care who wins I just want more random games to happen.   Plus St. Frances has NO ONE left on their schedule.  

Lee is ranked 25th-40th just in Florida. 

SFA is ranked 10th-25th in the entire world. 

Translation: blowout that Florida has to be on the wrong end of again 

pass

10 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Lee is ranked 25th-40th just in Florida. 

SFA is ranked 10th-25th in the entire world. 

Translation: blowout that Florida has to be on the wrong end of again 

pass

Who cares?  Lee isn't supposed to win, so it's not a big surprise lol.

I want to know why they'd schedule it for a Thursday in the first place though.   I don't understand Thursday OOS games when teams have to travel far.