Tighten Up

PrepGridiron

Season is about to start. I've seen a lot of stuff recently that would not be tolerated on most any other forum. I allow for great leeway and I believe @HawgGoneIt takes his queues partly from me in allowing more than he probably would under normal circumstances. That said, tighten the f up. The season is about to start and we don't need this BS going in to it. 

As a reminder, here are the guidelines for the site. I really prefer the self-policing on these:

https://www.prepgridiron.com/guidelines/

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:17 AM, PrepGridiron said:

Season is about to start. I've seen a lot of stuff recently that would not be tolerated on most any other forum. I allow for great leeway and I believe @HawgGoneIt takes his queues partly from me in allowing more than he probably would under normal circumstances. That said, tighten the f up. The season is about to start and we don't need this BS going in to it. 

As a reminder, here are the guidelines for the site. I really prefer the self-policing on these:

Do these rules apply to Left and Right Wingers alike? Because YOUR rules don't jive with the Main Street Media guidelines of ANYTHING GOES if you're chastising PRESIDENT Trump!

1 hour ago, PrepGridiron said:

While you're discussing rules, can we have some clarification please.  I am often told when posting that the team I am posting about is not "Nationally relevant" or the athlete doesn't have enough "stars" for this board's interest...  is there a rule for having your team ranked in a National poll or is this a board for, as I see in the guidelines, discussing high school football?

Doesn't really bother me, but if the posts I make are bothersome for others I can stick to the state/regional boards.  Thanks

1 hour ago, ORabidOne said:

Do these rules apply to Left and Right Wingers alike? Because YOUR rules don't jive with the Main Street Media guidelines of ANYTNING GOES if you're chastising PRESIDENT Trump!

If you don't like being here there is a door

You used it before and feel free to use it again

Just be happy you have gotten away with as much as you have because i would have banned you a long time ago 

• Like 2

I like this times 1000

There are several people on here that get away with way too much and break over half the rules 

Thank you @PrepGridiron @HawgGoneIt for taking charge

Okay prep here’s my thing if we’re gonna put threads out there about other schools business all the time... this is college football their grown men

so if there’s an Article on 247 front page about a 5 star recruit not passing the NCAA clearinghouse ur telling me that We Are not allowed to discuss it 

oh come on @PrepGridiron this isn’t 1940 Germany 

we have have the right as football fans to know what’s going on

7 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

While you're discussing rules, can we have some clarification please.  I am often told when posting that the team I am posting about is not "Nationally relevant" or the athlete doesn't have enough "stars" for this board's interest...  is there a rule for having your team ranked in a National poll or is this a board for, as I see in the guidelines, discussing high school football?

Doesn't really bother me, but if the posts I make are bothersome for others I can stick to the state/regional boards.  Thanks

Unless it's prepgridion or hawg telling you that the posts shouldn't be there i would just ignore it 

Quite frankly I get tired seeing the same 20 teams talked about with 20 separate threads for the same team

• Like 2

Dear Members,

We at Prep gridiron hope you enjoyed your summer, and that you are excited for your teams prospects in the 2018 season.  Since last year we have grown from just over 100,000 posts to what we have today.  Truly a remarkable feet considering the myriad of demographics represented on this forum.  Thank you for your contributions, loyalty to the site, and valued suggestions.

With that being said, some of you mofo's need to reel it in.  There is a time and a place for everything, and the Prep Gridiron message boards are not the place for some of the rants, and comments we have seen lately.  It is against our policy to name names, but you know who you are, and so do we.

Once again I will post a gentle reminder of our guidelines.

Dear Members,

On behalf of the Chief and staff here at Prep Gridiron (the #1 HS Football message board in America with over something, something, posts), I would like to set some ground rules for the 2018 campaign.

1. First, the Chief has provided new additional emoticons this year.  Please use them appropriately

2. Please be sensitive, and think of  other posters feelings before you press send.

3. Please don't bore the majority of the board, by starting threads about non national relevant local teams like Buford.

4. Please show your support for you team by engaging in actual wagers with other posters.

5.  Please don't pass any judgment on the Calpreps ratings until Oct. 1 or the DLS football team, until Dec.1.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation, and good luck to all.

-The Comish

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

This forum is about national high school football, not nationally ranked high school football. You may post about any team. Know though that the majority of posters on here are discussing teams that are relevant on a national landscape, i.e., they are nationally ranked, play high profile national games/teams, so talking about a small school team with only local relevance will only get so much play. 

I for one really like the stuff @Adam Kurkjian @Omaha Vol @RedZone @Texasball etc bring to the table regarding lesser known/local/regional teams, but not all share my opinion.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Okay prep here’s my thing if we’re gonna put threads out there about other schools business all the time... this is college football their grown men

so if there’s an Article on 247 front page about a 5 star recruit not passing the NCAA clearinghouse ur telling me that We Are not allowed to discuss it 

oh come on @PrepGridiron this isn’t 1940 Germany 

we have have the right as football fans to know what’s going on

Honestly, don't know the details of the thread, but I trust the action taken.

2 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

This forum is about national high school football, not nationally ranked high school football. You may post about any team. Know though that the majority of posters on here are discussing teams that are relevant on a national landscape, i.e., they are nationally ranked, play high profile national games/teams, so talking about a small school team with only local relevance will only get so much play. 

I for one really like the stuff @Adam Kurkjian @Omaha Vol @RedZone @Texasball etc bring to the table regarding lesser known/local/regional teams, but not all share my opinion.

Lol 😝 please don’t act like redzone is like the rest of those users

@TheRealCAJ spams the board with the stuff at least the other users post it an thats that, they don’t create useless threads that take the space of relevant threads we  post

5 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Lol 😝 please don’t act like redzone is like the rest of those users

@TheRealCAJ spams the board with the stuff at least the other users post it an thats that, they don’t create useless threads that take the space of relevant threads we  post

Hahaha. I've been on boards with @RedZone for as long as I can remember. I get the group sentiment people have for him, but he endures more online bullying (maybe warranted at times) on these sites than anyone should have to and still maintains his emotional keel the vast majority of the time. Go look up the definition of online bullying and view it through his lens. 

But he and I can commiserate about a game on TV (and appreciate) with two random teams more than I can with most others on this board

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The regional and lesser known teams RedZone talks about are some of the most talented teams in the nation filled with 100's of 1000's of NATIONAL recruits. 

It's not my fault Louisiana is amazing.

I do agree though I like what RedZone brings too. He's a real legend.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

Caj called another poster a n****r without censorship. Its a travesty he is still allowed to post here. Can't take rules that seriously if there is no repercussions for that language.

That's fair. My recollection is that that was on another site. If here and brought to our attention, we'd take action.

Just now, RedZone said:

The regional and lesser known teams RedZone talks about are some of the most talented teams in the nation filled with 100's of 1000's of NATIONAL recruits. 

It's not my fault Louisiana is amazing.

I do agree though I like what RedZone brings too. He's a real legend.

As, I said...warranted at times.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

The activity that you mention is often meant to be gentle ribbing, but, it could just as easily be viewed as trolling. 

How many screenwatchers or readers want to post about a team they know about, but, have seen people doing exactly what you are mentioning here, and just decide not to post? No way to know.

I'm sure there are some, because you've been around for a while and feel almost unwelcome due to it. 

These are the kinds of things that I wrestle with all the time. If I allow this, then there is a next.

Certain people constantly push the envelope and have taken advantage of me and my good natured ways. It has gone on to the point where I feel like I can't even have fun in threads now because I may have to change my hat to the mod hat because a few guys are living right on the edge. Once I'm involved or invested in a thread, it becomes very difficult to moderate it. 

It's not fair to the staff, me or Prep as participating members or any of the users that stay within the guidelines for us to keep letting these few guys press the boundaries. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

Caj called another poster a n****r without censorship. Its a travesty he is still allowed to post here. Can't take rules that seriously if there is no repercussions for that language.

Firstly, that was a different site. Caj was banned for months over that infraction. Another user has been banned over the same infraction for a while already too. 

So there is indeed repercussions.

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

The activity that you mention is often meant to be gentle ribbing, but, it could just as easily be viewed as trolling. 

How many screenwatchers or readers want to post about a team they know about, but, have seen people doing exactly what you are mentioning here, and just decide not to post? No way to know.

I'm sure there are some, because you've been around for a while and feel almost unwelcome due to it. 

These are the kinds of things that I wrestle with all the time. If I allow this, then there is a next.

Certain people constantly push the envelope and have taken advantage of me and my good natured ways. It has gone on to the point where I feel like I can't even have fun in threads now because I may have to change my hat to the mod hat because a few guys are living right on the edge. Once I'm involved or invested in a thread, it becomes very difficult to moderate it. 

It's not fair to the staff, me or Prep as participating members or any of the users that stay within the guidelines for us to keep letting these few guys press the boundaries. 

This is something I don't think everyone appreciates. Both @HawgGoneIt and I are true fans at heart and having to wear the mod hat often is our least favorite responsibility.  

• Like 1

I can name names, that dumb ass from Ga and bald hairy camel toe from Midland needs to go. Its gets old seeing these guys post anything and when I do I just leave the site....just like a lot of other people including people from TX who get bashed often  if you did not notice that their is not many of us here anymore...we just stick to our board and I do not even read other teams posts most of the time unless my team is mentioned or even comment on their treads. Why I could care less about a team I know nothing about unless we have played them or will be playing them.  But that dumb ass has come on our TX board and tried to sell his school including TX camel toe who also got band for a little while....it just gets old, kind of like the news the last couple of years.

Also I do not care to read about college sports ,pro sports or another sport from HS except HS football.....sure I get the off season and if coming to TX or any other state and you want a good time to see some places around the state then I don't mind your post. But like I said I just "Walkaway"