Tighten Up

PrepGridiron

36 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Lol šŸ˜ please donā€™t act like redzone is like the rest of those users

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

@TheRealCAJĀ spams the board with the stuff at least the other users post it an thats that, they donā€™t create useless threads that take the space of relevant threads weĀ Ā post

Don't flatter yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, westbankeagle said:

No that was this site and he called it to DevilDog

I'm well aware. He received what amounted to a lifetime ban from DJ's site for that because the mods couldn't reinstate users after they were banned.

We all moved to this site in the months following that as that site crashed.Ā Everyone was afforded fresh starts as we know everyone makes mistakes at times. I think you are mistaken a little about the time and exact site. Easy enough to do because most of the members are the same.

Racial and other bigotted nonsense is one of the places where I really can't put up with much and live with myself as a person. It's safe to say my fuseĀ is pretty short on that stuff.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Reb72 said:

While you're discussing rules, can we have some clarification please.Ā  I am often told when posting that the team I am posting about is not "Nationally relevant" or the athlete doesn't have enough "stars" for this board's interest...Ā  is there a rule for having your team ranked in a National poll or is this a board for, as I see in the guidelines, discussing high school football?

Doesn't really bother me, but if the posts I make are bothersome for others I can stick to the state/regional boards.Ā  Thanks

Reb if your team is not very good than nobody will care pretty simple, no one will read about them. We got VG teams on the TX board that nobody talks about due to their fans not posting anything about them or don't know about the boards. If hardly anyone posts on your local board about a team than why would you think the national would care.Ā  Not bashing just what it is

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm well aware. He received what amounted to a lifetime ban from DJ's site for that because the mods couldn't reinstate users after they were banned.

We all moved to this site in the months following that as that site crashed.Ā Everyone was afforded fresh starts as we know everyone makes mistakes at times. I think you are mistaken a little about the time and exact site. Easy enough to do because most of the members are the same.

Racial and other bigotted nonsense is one of the places where I really can't put up with much and live with myself as a person. It's safe to say my fuseĀ is pretty short on that stuff.

Ā 

Possibly it was the old site, although he certainly is not a changed man and will definitely slip up again. He can't help himself but be an instigator. If we're going to have tightened rules, let's make sure he knows he is on a short leash. People are tired of his crap.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, State Champ said:

Reb if your team is not very good than nobody will care pretty simple, no one will read about them. We got VG teams on the TX board that nobody talks about due to their fans not posting anything about them or don't know about the boards. If hardly anyone posts on your local board about a team than why would you think the national would care.Ā  Not bashing just what it is

GOSPELĀ 

10A58989-E3DA-4C61-9553-B483A59055AD.gif

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

This forum is about national high school football, not nationally ranked high school football. You may post about any team. Know though that the majority of posters on here are discussing teams that are relevant on a national landscape, i.e., they are nationally ranked, play high profile national games/teams, so talking about a small school team with only local relevance will only get so much play.Ā 

I for one really like the stuff @Adam KurkjianĀ @Omaha VolĀ @RedZoneĀ @TexasballĀ etc bring to the table regarding lesser known/local/regional teams, but not all share my opinion.

I get it and understand that my school was Nationally relevant before some on this board were even born, although not so much as of late...Ā  lose a legendary coach and things changeĀ  šŸ˜‰

But I do enjoy reading about teams from different states/areas, comparing programs and even communities/states.Ā  Hard for some of the "super powers" now to realize the pride that comes from a school where a community can rally behind a coach/team/school and build something that is recognized on a National stage rather than just a "factory" that can bring in players/money (some even across state lines) and burst on to the scene immediately...Ā 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Reb72 said:

I get it and understand that my school was Nationally relevant before some on this board were even born, although not so much as of late...Ā  lose a legendary coach and things changeĀ  šŸ˜‰

But I do enjoy reading about teams from different states/areas, comparing programs and even communities/states.Ā  Hard for some of the "super powers" now to realize the pride that comes from a school where a community can rally behind a coach/team/school and build something that is recognized on a National stage rather than just a "factory" that can bring in players/money (some even across state lines) and burst on to the scene immediately...Ā 

I like what you do bro. Any football content is good. We have justĀ gotten into this love/hate funk between a few users and it's creating a good deal of turmoil and hindering the adults from having actual football conversations.Ā 

Hopefully we can reign it in and get a grip on it before season. Maybe the season will actually make it all better on it's own.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

Possibly it was the old site, although he certainly is not a changed man and will definitely slip up again. He can't help himself but be an instigator. If we're going to have tightened rules, let's make sure he knows he is on a short leash. People are tired of his crap.

Don't mind westbank he hates all things Rummel and NOLA.Ā 

He's an Archbishop Shaw guy. One of our oldest rivals, well they used to be back when they tried to field a team.

Shaw probably won't win a game again this year making westbank even more angry at life.

He's harmless.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

6 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

For what it is worth, I like what you post.Ā  Yours are some of the very few threads I read that aren't about GA or my team.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I like what you do bro. Any football content is good. We have justĀ gotten into this love/hate funk between a few users and it's creating a good deal of turmoil and hindering the adults from having actual football conversations.Ā 

Hopefully we can reign it in and get a grip on it before season. Maybe the season will actually make it all better on it's own.

thanks, like I said, doesn't bother me...Ā  just gets a little tiresome

hopefully it can rub off and eventually they take notice that I never take a swipe at their school, just talk about mineĀ  šŸ˜

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Don't mind westbank he hates all things Rummel and NOLA.Ā 

He's an Archbishop Shaw guy. One of our oldest rivals, well they used to be back when they tried to field a team.

Shaw probably won't win a game again this year making westbank even more angry at life.

He's harmless.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Like I said, instigator. Guy didn't even go to a catholic high school. Just living through Rummel.

1 minute ago, Reb72 said:

thanks, like I said, doesn't bother me...Ā  just gets a little tiresome

hopefully it can rub off and eventually they take notice that I never take a swipe at their school, just talk about mineĀ  šŸ˜

90% of these people do not have schools.

Ā 

5 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

Like I said, instigator. Guy didn't even go to a catholic high school. Just living through Rummel.

How many times you going to try that, man? Never gets old. Are you that jealous?

Anyways, I'm pulling for you guys. Really, I am.

Carry on with whatever....I'm out.

#goeagles

Ā 

25 minutes ago, State Champ said:

I can name names, that dumb ass from Ga and bald hairy camel toe from Midland needs to go. Its gets old seeing these guys post anything and when I do I just leave the site....just like a lot of other people including people from TX who get bashed oftenĀ  if you did not notice that their is not many of us here anymore...we just stick to our board and I do not even read other teams posts most of the time unless my team is mentioned or even comment on their treads. Why I could care less about a team I know nothing about unless we have played them or will be playing them.Ā  But that dumb ass has come on our TX board and tried to sell his school including TX camel toe who also got band for a little while....it just gets old, kind of like the news the last couple of years.

Also I do not care to read about college sports ,pro sports or another sport from HS except HS football.....sure I get the off season and if coming to TX or any other state and you want a good time to see some places around the state then I don't mind your post. But like I said I just "Walkaway"

One of areas where I tend to have lower tolerance on is division of this community, so I try to balance allowing opinions to be stated with the plus/minus gain of members. Ideally, I'd like to make this a very large community of active members, but I can't quantify how many are not joining the board and/or are not frequenting the board due to the posts of other members. The reality is that national boards have always had a relatively small following, so I assume this is just the universe, but comments like this are helpful because it brings to light some of my fears.Ā 

26 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

While we talking about users that need to be on a short leash we should include the sta homer who has countless accounts on here and only shows up to troll others while adding nothing but insults to every discussion

Ā 

I can show hard evidence of him breaking at least 4 rules that @PrepGridironĀ posted earlier in this threadĀ 

8 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

One of areas where I tend to have lower tolerance on is division of this community, so I try to balance allowing opinions to be stated with the plus/minus gain of members. Ideally, I'd like to make this a very large community of active members, but I can't quantify how many are not joining the board and/or are not frequenting the board due to the posts of other members. The reality is that national boards have always had a relatively small following, so I assume this is just the universe, but comments like this are helpful because it brings to light some of my fears.Ā 

I'll say it this way,Ā  there are several I've spoken to before that have stated they wouldn't ever make a account here because of a few bad apples that have been mentioned here who take pleasure in belittling other posters instead of making a effort to add to the conversationĀ 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

While we talking about users that need to be on a short leash we should include the sta homer who has countless accounts on here and only shows up to troll others while adding nothing but insults to every discussion

Ā 

I can show hard evidence of him breaking at least 4 rules that @PrepGridironĀ posted earlier in this threadĀ 

Dear member,

WhileĀ we appreciate your passion for getting your rival "kicked off" the forum, we must nevertheless remind you to process your grievance through the proper channels.Ā  We have a sub committee on member behavior chaired by @LOSer who will investigate your claim.Ā  Please allow 4-6 months for a response, as we are currently inundated with accusations (as you can tell).Ā  Also, please do not contact The Chief directly, as he is a very busy guy andĀ has beenĀ diligently lining up sponsors for the upcoming season.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation

-The Comish

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I'll say it this way,Ā  there are several I've spoken to before that have stated they wouldn't ever make a account here because of a few bad apples that have been mentioned here who take pleasure in belittling other posters instead of making a effort to add to the conversationĀ 

This is good feedback. I do think that some of the, not belittling, but challenging of people's positions here is what makes this board different than a regional board. You have to have tough skin and be on your game to post here. Its not for amateurs. But, again, its a balance that is way more art than science.Ā 

• Like 1