Tighten Up

PrepGridiron

20 minutes ago, The Comish said:

Dear member,

While we appreciate your passion for getting your rival "kicked off" the forum, we must nevertheless remind you to process your grievance through the proper channels.  We have a sub committee on member behavior chaired by @LOSer who will investigate your claim.  Please allow 4-6 months for a response, as we are currently inundated with accusations (as you can tell).  Also, please do not contact The Chief directly, as he is a very busy guy and has been diligently lining up sponsors for the upcoming season.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation

-The Comish

Don't you have better things to do Sammy then waste my time with nonsense

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

This is good feedback. I do think that some of the, not belittling, but challenging of people's positions here is what makes this board different than a regional board. You have to have tough skin and be on your game to post here. Its not for amateurs. But, again, its a balance that is way more art than science. 

I know of several that like me that are tired of the worst of the language and the personal attacks. They've said they just don't/won't participate.  I don't participate as much as I could because I just get tired of it.  I'm not a prude and and have seen and possibly done things in my life that would make a sailor blush but it doesn't mean I enjoy it now in a supposed fun pastime.  There is a difference between being forced to defend your position and being personally attacked and called all sorts of filthy names.  I've see one in particular brag on another board how he enjoys throwing a bomb and trying to upset posters here.  I'm not talking about the occasional cuss word but regularly wading through George Carlin's seven deadly words is not something I prefer to do on a regular basis.  I got tired of reporting the posts and they just seem to continue.  To each his own and that's just me of course and your mileage will vary.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

This is good feedback. I do think that some of the, not belittling, but challenging of people's positions here is what makes this board different than a regional board. You have to have tough skin and be on your game to post here. Its not for amateurs. But, again, its a balance that is way more art than science. 

Well being challenged isn't a thing i have problems with

But it's tiring when someone expresses a opinion only to have someone like canes show up and throw insults because he doesn't feel threatened by anyone here

I've clashed with many on here because of different opinion

People like @ECHS05 @CCBlackhatter @golfaddict1 @Nolebull813 @Sammyswordsman and pretty much all the GA guys but at least they add some value to the forum and even when i disagree with what they are saying on all levels at least they are willing to respect my right to a opinion as i respect their right to a opinion 

Canes will show no interest in seeing any road being right besides his own and that kind of attitude is a cancer to message boards and eventually people will just give up trying because they would rather be quiet then share a opinion only to have someone like him show up and insult someone just because they don't share his fixed mindset

@PrepGridiron and @HawgGoneIt I know I push the envelope a lot but I stand up and own what I say. 

Can I inquire about a select few posters using all these multiple logins and names to troll and respond to posters? I personally know many folks in my community that would love to contribute here but are turned off by all of the alter ego troll names. They told me they perceive it as bizarre stalking. 

Can we enforce the ONE name rule on here and keep this forum honest? Legit question. 

3 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

@PrepGridiron and @HawgGoneIt I know I push the envelope a lot but I stand up and own what I say. 

Can I inquire about a select few posters using all these multiple logins and names to troll and respond to posters? I personally know many folks in my community that would love to contribute here but are turned off by all of the alter ego troll names. They told me they perceive it as bizarre stalking. 

Can we enforce the ONE name rule on here and keep this forum honest? Legit question. 

DLS by 32

16 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Pretty rich coming from you, and I'll leave it at that. You know what I mean? *wink wink*

Honest answer to a legit question.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Pretty rich coming from you, and I'll leave it at that. You know what I mean? *wink wink*

Honest answer to a legit question.

Appreciate your honesty.

But seriously- is there any way to consider this issue?

I have had different names in the past but dont ever post from different names simultaneously like a few of our manic posters. 

Does ANYBODY use the ignore feature other than me?

I have (3) posters on ignore.  I don't respond to them and I don't care what they post.

it just seems to me....THAT would solve a LOT of you thin-skinned guys' problems.

I once called a poster on here a..."Viking Lover".  HawgGoneIt sent me a message saying the board couldn't tolerate that type of nasty abuse.  He went on to say if I persisted in using such language...I could be banned.

OK...lesson learned.

Jesus....and I thought the GAVSV got bad.

Just remember...you are not required to respond to anybody !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Dear member,

Despite the fact that we have already addressed this, I will nevertheless address it again for our slower members.  Please process your complaints against fellow posters through the proper channels.

A word of advice:  If you are growing weary of other posters besting you whilst jousting in the various threads, it would behoove you to retreat to your local regional board wherest you can hone your craft before wading into the National Board. 

Posters Must:

a. Have an "A" game

b. Bring their "A" game

or they will be mocked by the Elite posters who are comfortable and can hold their own on a National Forum.

We value all members and it saddens us to see neophytes embarrass themselves and get mocked by the  pros.

Please consider another year as an apprentice on your local board.  We wish  you success there.

-The Comish

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, The Comish said:

Dear member,

Despite the fact that we have already addressed this, I will nevertheless address it again for our slower members.  Please process your complaints against fellow posters through the proper channels.

A word of advice:  If you are growing weary of other posters besting you whilst jousting in the various threads, it would become you to retreat to your local regional board wherest you can hone your craft before wading into the National Board. 

Posters Must:

a. Have an "A" game

b. Bring their "A" game

or they will be mocked by the Elite posters who are comfortable and can hold their own on a National Forum.

We value all members and it saddens us to see neophytes embarrass themselves and get mocked by the  pros.

Please consider another year as an apprentice on your local board.  We wish  you success there.

-The Comish

Is it bad for me to admit I like the comic relief. LOL

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Yeah...He shut it down before I responded...

Smart...

29 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

@PrepGridiron

you know I’m right when I got  even  frosty to agree 😋.  

This will be the last time I respond to you two on this. 

If you want to talk about academics, NCAA requirements and other such topics, by all means that is fine.  At the same time, we are going to temper that with common sense and realize that the stuff we say here could have real world consequences to the kids we discuss. 100's of thousands of  dollars worth of scholarships could hang in the balance. 

It would be extremely preferrable that we kept the kids names out of those types of topics.

I do say these things realizing that common sense just isn't that friggen common. That's what I'm here for I guess. 

LDT loves to stir shit and then tag people bringing them into fight his battles for him, which is what happened here. 

Frosty if you feel like you need some furthering hashing on this particular subject, pm me. Again, I probably agreed with your take. It's a shame your opinion was removed because of a bad troll.

9 minutes ago, The Comish said:

Dear member,

A word of advice:  If you are growing weary of other posters besting you whilst jousting in the various threads, it would become you to retreat to your local regional board wherest you can hone your craft before wading into the National Board. 

Posters Must:

a. Have an "A" game

b. Bring their "A" game

-The Comish

Yawn.........

Board creeper with 10 names who I've owned so bad that he will only respond to me from other troll names. 

Biggest tool on here. 

Enjoy Servite irrelevancy!

5 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

Season is about to start. I've seen a lot of stuff recently that would not be tolerated on most any other forum. I allow for great leeway and I believe @HawgGoneIt takes his queues partly from me in allowing more than he probably would under normal circumstances. That said, tighten the f up. The season is about to start and we don't need this BS going in to it. 

As a reminder, here are the guidelines for the site. I really prefer the self-policing on these:

https://www.prepgridiron.com/guidelines/

I read the guidelines again. They still seem very reasonable to me.

And I'm all for self-policing. Leibniz used to say that the law isn't made for the just, because the just know how to govern themselves.

And thanks again to PrepGridiron and to the moderators and to HawgGoneIt in particular for putting in the work required to keep this thing going. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, The Comish said:

Dear member,

Posters Must:

a. Have an "A" game

b. Bring their "A" game

-The Comish 

Dear member,

Despite the fact that we have already addressed this, I you have been owned across all of your made up names, you continue to come on here and stalk our member community.

A word of advice:  If you are growing weary of other posters owning you, please post from only one name and post like a man. Only a woman has to have multiple names to talk trash. Be a man.

Real poster Must:

a. Sack up

b. Bring their "A" game

or they will be mocked by the rest of the community for their multiple names.

We value all members and it saddens us to see neophytes embarrass themselves and get mocked by the people like FolsomPrisonBlues. He is owning you.

Please consider another year as punching back in your local league.  We wish you nothing but the best.

- Mr. Irrelevant

25 minutes ago, ServiteTier6Irrelevant said:

Dear member,

Despite the fact that we have already addressed this, I you have been owned across all of your made up names, you continue to come on here and stalk our member community.

A word of advice:  If you are growing weary of other posters owning you, please post from only one name and post like a man. Only a woman has to have multiple names to talk trash. Be a man.

Real poster Must:

a. Sack up

b. Bring their "A" game

or they will be mocked by the rest of the community for their multiple names.

We value all members and it saddens us to see neophytes embarrass themselves and get mocked by the people like FolsomPrisonBlues. He is owning you.

Please consider another year as punching back in your local league.  We wish you nothing but the best.

- Mr. Irrelevant

Yea 

i like this new guy

hes nothing like that piece of shit @TheBlockIsHot

@FolsomPrisonBlues

@FolsomStateTitles

• Haha 4