Tighten Up

PrepGridiron

54 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Damned if we do, damned if we don't. If we don't enforce the rules, people take advantage and those that are affected by people taking advantage lose interest in the site. If we enforce the rules, people get upset we don't apply them evenly or that it is too harsh. After reflection though, I agree with the last paragraph, we will need to ratchet up the moderation. Unfortunately, all will have to understand that sometimes the pendulum swings too far back to the other side. In the long run, it will be biscuits and gravy, but @HawgGoneIt and I will have to grit our teeth through the din of the table bangers. 

Yeah it's a tough gig. Managing grown ass men that decided this is the place to relive their elementary school days and playground antics all over again isn't for the faint of heart no doubt. 

It is interesting how a couple of posters troll feuds can change the entire dynamic of a website. It's really tough deciding at what point to cut the shit. 

Trying to keep it at an in-between that's acceptable for everyone is impossible. 

Best case scenario is the guys that keep pushing just take their foot off the gas and go onto cruise control at around the speed limit and stop blowing through stop signs. 

One can always hope anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I like what you do bro. Any football content is good. We have just gotten into this love/hate funk between a few users and it's creating a good deal of turmoil and hindering the adults from having actual football conversations. 

Hopefully we can reign it in and get a grip on it before season. Maybe the season will actually make it all better on it's own.

rein bro, rein....

BGW

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah it's a tough gig. Managing grown ass men that decided this is the place to relive their elementary school days and playground antics all over again isn't for the feint of heart no doubt. 

It is interesting how a couple of posters troll feuds can change the entire dynamic of a website. It's really tough deciding at what point to cut the shit. 

Trying to keep it at an in-between that's acceptable for everyone is impossible. 

Best case scenario is the guys that keep pushing just take their foot off the gas and go onto cruise control at around the speed limit and stop blowing through stop signs. 

faint bro, faint (not boxing or fencing)

BGW

• Haha 1

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Those words were jumping out at me!

Bahahaha...

BGW

I usually catch my mistakes like that ahead of pressing send. If not. When I read back through. 

You beat me to the draw today and I was unable to feint and fix it before it got caught. 

Verbal pugilism and all.

• Haha 1

Yeah I don't think anyone is going to meltdown over the DLS/Folsom game.

Most of the guys that follow DLS are pretty classy as are the Folsom guys outside of one. 

The cat kills me with calling every poster that gets involved with a DLS or Folsom thread a fake and a stalker. I almost always check and they all are different people or at least coming in from different addresses. They never slip up and get caught posting from a different profile on the same address. That's a pretty difficult task for someone running multiple profiles.

Unlike the guy that is pointing the finger ALL the time about it. 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That is a triumph of hope over experience!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ServiteTier6Irrelevant said:

So where am I posting from? I give full permission to disclose.

I can't wait to hear.

3 hours ago, SJR89 said:

Respect the privacy of others. Do not post other's phone numbers, addresses, pictures, etc., without their permission.

Getting a mod to break a guideline in a thread about guidelines. Shame on you. 😎

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ararar said:

Quit hanging on my every word stalker 

California Penal Code Section 646.9 PC: Stalking

1. Definition and Elements of the Crime

The California legislature has recognized that a person who engages in a persistent pattern of harassing behavior such as pestering,sending unwanted messages, and following another person should be held criminally liable. As a result, stalking is a criminal offense under California Penal Code Section 646.9 PC that can result in serious penalties for thoseconvicted.

Might as well add on 5250

Section 5250 is a section of the California Welfare and Institutions Code (specifically, the Lanterman–Petris–Short Act or "LPS") which allows a qualified officer or clinician to involuntarily confine a person deemed to have certain mental disorders for up to 14 days, following being involuntarily held for 72 hours

• Like 1

@PrepGridiron @HawgGoneIt 

You guys do a really good job and it is appreciated.  Thank you.

Its a lose/lose situation a lot of the time bc not all of us are grown ass men unfortunately.  At least not all the time.  I know I've resorted to childish behavior at times and will try to keep my posts respectful.  

But they started it!  😜 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Might as well add on 5250

Section 5250 is a section of the California Welfare and Institutions Code (specifically, the Lanterman–Petris–Short Act or "LPS") which allows a qualified officer or clinician to involuntarily confine a person deemed to have certain mental disorders for up to 14 days, following being involuntarily held for 72 hours

You dug deep in the California code.  Don't blame you bc it's a great read and very relaxing.  Great way to read to your kid to put them to sleep.  Or be left alone at a party.  

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Does ANYBODY use the ignore feature other than me?

I have (3) posters on ignore.  I don't respond to them and I don't care what they post.

it just seems to me....THAT would solve a LOT of you thin-skinned guys' problems.

I once called a poster on here a..."Viking Lover".  HawgGoneIt sent me a message saying the board couldn't tolerate that type of nasty abuse.  He went on to say if I persisted in using such language...I could be banned.

OK...lesson learned.

Jesus....and I thought the GAVSV got bad.

Just remember...you are not required to respond to anybody !!!!!

Rufus>>

I use the ignore feature.  I have 4 posters on it.

The problem is that all four posters are the same person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2