What is happening to the NFL I once loved?

Bodysurf

5 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Not only are we witnessing the pussification of our beloved game by essentially outlawing tackling............ we now have MALE cheerleaders in the NFL!

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/08/06/us/nfl-male-dancers-trnd/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

They are eye candy for the growing female fan base 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Not only are we witnessing the pussification of our beloved game by essentially outlawing tackling............ we now have MALE cheerleaders in the NFL!

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/08/06/us/nfl-male-dancers-trnd/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

There are male cheerleaders in college and been that way for years

What the issue? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

And the targeting rule is bigger bullshit at college level then anything called at pro level 

Not saying NFL is as good as it once was but college is not a huge upgrade 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

It's done. Goodell will make sure the NFL is dead before he leaves office. 

9 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

There are male cheerleaders in college and been that way for years

What the issue? 

A lot of people aren't very open to change of any kind. We have quite a few of those types that think any change is an attack on them personally somehow. 

I generally see them as fragile and see it as a character flaw, but, there does seem to be quite a lot of people that see things like that. 

Funny thing is some of the same guys decrying the death of the NFL over this among other things, love the heck out of some college ball with male cheerleaders and all. Go figure. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

A lot of people aren't very open to change of any kind. We have quite a few of those types that think any change is an attack on them personally somehow. 

I generally see them as fragile and see it as a character flaw, but, there does seem to be quite a lot of people that see things like that. 

Funny thing is some of the same guys decrying the death of the NFL over this among other things, love the heck out of some college ball with male cheerleaders and all. Go figure. 

That's a combination of ignorance and hypocrisy on their part 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

It will be dead. It's already headed there 

Who's gonna run it out of business? 

The XFL? 

If the AFL couldn't run it out of business it ain't going nowhere

None these other leagues have been ran well enough to be serious threats, USFL crumbled because of a certain moron who didn't know what the public wanted

Sure they have had a small drop in attendance and viewers but no where near enough to destroy the NFL 

The lower attendance is due to average people not having money to afford steep prices to go to a game and people have moved towards online streaming services which aren't included in the viewers count 

The NFL might have lost 0.01% of fanbase over the Anthem issue but that slim percentage won't damage them when they make up plenty in sponsorship 

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Who's gonna run it out of business? 

The XFL? 

If the AFL couldn't run it out of business it ain't going nowhere

None these other leagues have been ran well enough to be serious threats, USFL crumbled because of a certain moron who didn't know what the public wanted

Sure they have had a small drop in attendance and viewers but no where near enough to destroy the NFL 

The lower attendance is due to average people not having money to afford steep prices to go to a game and people have moved towards online streaming services which aren't included in the viewers count 

The NFL might have lost 0.01% of fanbase over the Anthem issue but that slim percentage won't damage them when they make up plenty in sponsorship 

As the nfl gets further and further away from what it was and you see it in every game how these new rules will impact the game. They and I mean Goodell are making the game absolutely unwatchable 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

As the nfl gets further and further away from what it was and you see it in every game how these new rules will impact the game. They and I mean Goodell are making the game absolutely unwatchable 

I think some people are just too picky

I have no problem watching it,  at least i don't see the insane bias that is shown at the college level 

Nor are the owners as corrupt as people like Mark Emmeritt at the NCAA are

If Goodell is ruining NFL then the NCAA is ruining college football 

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I think some people are just too picky

I have no problem watching it,  at least i don't see the insane bias that is shown at the college level 

Nor are the owners as corrupt as people like Mark Emmeritt at the NCAA are

If Goodell is ruining NFL then the NCAA is ruining college football 

The product of college is just so much better. The fans are better. The atmosphere is better. The game is just so much more exciting and there is violence still in college football. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

The product of college is just so much better. The fans are better. The atmosphere is better. The game is just so much more exciting and there is violence still in college football. 

Rule changes are happening in college as well 

Not to mention the targeting rule has been incorrectly used many times over 

Targeting rule has been used far worse than any NFL penalty has

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Rule changes are happening in college as well 

Not to mention the targeting rule has been incorrectly used many times over 

Targeting rule has been used far worse than any NFL penalty has

I understand that but for now college is still watchable. The NFL is 95% unwatchable. It's just hard to believe how bad they messed up the nfl. It was once a great league. Now its mediocre at best. 

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I understand that but for now college is still watchable. The NFL is 95% unwatchable. It's just hard to believe how bad they messed up the nfl. It was once a great league. Now its mediocre at best. 

It may be but I'm saying with way things are going they will screw up rules at college level as well

The biggest problem has been the heavy lawsuits because of poor management of concussions and other football injuries which has lead to people calling for blood 

Maybe youth football should be done away with and have people not play until middle or high school and then do better injury management at all levels

NFL has resources but these lower levels of play don't have that and most injuries pile up 

Middle school and high school is where so many injuries go unreported because of poor medical knowledge at those levels

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Never said NFL was as good as before 

Only that it won't go anywhere because there really is no competition