Big koc announcement IMG Academy vs Columbia

Columbiafan

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I hope Columbia has a good season. 

But on paper dude... 

This game is bound to end about as well as a  prostate exam. 

I'm not going into this game expecting a win (even though that would burst every bubble of reality and probably make the rest of the teams on our schedule tremble with fear) 😂 

But i look at this game from the positives it has

We will get a chance to test the waters against a elite team and have a idea what we may face deep in the playoffs against someone like Lakeland, St Thomas Aquinas or Dwyer 

It also sends a message we aren't scared of facing elite teams and might lead to more big matchups in our future 

It will also give our players a chance to gain some college interest, I always felt our usual competition has limited our exposure, well this game will have a lot of eyes on it (even if it's almost entirely on IMG) 

If any of our players has a big night it could boost their exposure 

This game will have several positives and as long as we get out of the game without injuries it is a win in my book and a win towards what we want to accomplish this season 

We don't need to win on the scoreboard for us to gain a ton out of this game 

On 8/7/2018 at 2:03 PM, Columbiafan said:

Quite a bit but IMG is another level,  this game is more about season prep

I like the confidence the players have but i have to be realist, we ain't winning this game 

Our junior qb is mobile and this game should test him

Receivers are deepest position for us, Tj Jones a 4 star receiver and Marquez Bell a rising junior 

Both have over 10 d1 offers 

Bobby Fulton who a senior should have a good year when defenses start keying on those 2 and he has a Valdosta State offer 

Got quite a few young recievers who will grow this year 

Also got a running back with a few offers who will be expected to make a huge growth this year

Defense should be much better this year in passing game and we usually strong in running game 

Offensive line has a few starters to replace but 2 seniors returning and some young players to fill remaining spots have gelled well so far

I'm confident with our chances this year, just not against IMG 😂 

Go get em Columbia. You need to defend the honor of all Public Schools in the state against this pretend "school" which looks more like a D2 College team. 

• Like 2

On 8/8/2018 at 10:01 AM, Columbiafan said:

This game will have several positives and as long as we get out of the game without injuries it is a win in my book and a win towards what we want to accomplish this season 

Your QB needs to watch his back.  Nolan Smith has taken a few QB’s out. Nothing wrong with good clean hits, but doing the hulk flex afterwards....

39 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Your QB needs to watch his back.  Nolan Smith has taken a few QB’s out. Nothing wrong with good clean hits, but doing the hulk flex afterwards....

Yeah i agree

But i doubt our coaches would take this game without knowing risks,  they are probably expecting IMG to be IMG and have a plan to work around that 

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

But i doubt our coaches would take this game without knowing risks,  they are probably expecting IMG to be IMG and have a plan to work around that 

Easier said than done.  He’s dangerous in pursuit so you have to keep a back ready to watch the backside if there’s potential for a slow developing downfield pass.  

• Like 1

On 8/7/2018 at 12:40 PM, Columbiafan said:

It's a crazy world we live in

Columbia high School out of Lake City playing IMG Academy before St Thomas Aquinas did 

And STA had a koc opening as well and could have tried to get this game if they wanted it lol

STA is the only team in the state with a prayer of competing with IMG. But against FLA teams, they only like to play games they know they will win because it would hurt their huge recruiting base if they start losing to other private schools in FLA.