Illinois OOS game predictions

abbatt

Here are my predictions......

ESL at Detroit King........there will certainly be lots of talent, size and athletes on display....these 2 teams are almost mirror images of each other.There hasn`t been a lot of chatter about ESL so far.... I can`t find any info on a full roster. Because it`s at King..I will go with them....38-33.

Loyola Academy at Rockford, Mi........I feel LA will win..but it`s going to be a tough game. Rockford has some big OF lineman and they are pretty decent. LA beat Bishop Amat last year with 7 starters out. This year they have avoided the injuries and should be at full strength.......LA 28...Rockford..17

Naperville Central at Louisville Trinity........This may be a blow-out........NC has a very good QB and some good offensive weapons but their  D will really be stretched and challenged by Trinity`s speed. LT  42 NC 21

Lutheran north at Nazarath Academy.........It seems that most people are focused on Trinity Catholic..but LN beat them 48-46 last year in the play-offs. They are a loaded team like TC...but they haven`t faced anyone like Nazarath Academy. This is a big ,strong very well coached team with depth,size and about 10-12 Div1 prospects as well. Naz wins 45-20.

Trinity Catholic at ESL. ...well..if TC upsets CC ...it`s not going to happen !!!! ESL should win...but I feel that the loser of this game will be starting the season 0-2. ESL wins 41-28

Edwardsville at CBC...last year EDsviille lost at home 40-19 ..even though they were up at the half. I see a similar score...This CBC team has a chance to make some noise this year Nationally if they can upset St.Johns. CBC 42 ESDville 20

Chicago Phillips at Pickerington Central Oh.......This is not a good game for Phillips because it`s their season opener and it will be PC`s 3rd game. I think they will represent themselves well...but this is the defending large school champ from Ohio playing at home. If this game was at Gately stadium on the South side of Chicago...I would give Phillips a chance..but it`s not. PC 43...Phillips 27

ESL at Massilon Washington OH........Massilon is getting a lot of chatter on the Ohio boards.....they return a lot of starters...ESL is 0-3 against Ohio...after this it will be 0-4. MW 38 ESL 21

This game isn`t listed but here goes......Trotwood-Madison, Oh is also a defending OH champ and it`s going to be a train-wreck for Simeon. minimum 42-6 loss ,maybe worse.

Scrimmages aren`t allowed in Illinois.....so the first game is the scrimmage. By season`s end the top teams in Illinois are good enough to hang with most states except the top ones.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, abbatt said:

Hg,

There aren`t any scrimmages allowed against other teams. It makes the first game a real learning experience.

Yeah, I would think so. Definitely wouldn't want the first game to be your big OOS matchup if you're aspiring to make any national headlines and waves. 

I wonder why these are disallowed there? What do you know of that they cited as being the reasoning behind that? Just safety or what?

HG,

I don`t see any explanation on the IHSA website...it`s just always been this way.

I remember several years ago Mt.Carmel played St.Joes Prep, PA and lost a heartbreaker..28-27. After the game MC Coach Frank Lenti said that St.Joes had 3 pre-season scrimmages against other PA teams and it allowed them to work out the kinks.....for MC without that benefit.. it was finding out theirs as the game progressed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, abbatt said:

HG,

I don`t see any explanation on the IHSA website...it`s just always been this way.

I remember several years ago Mt.Carmel played St.Joes Prep, PA and lost a heartbreaker..28-27. After the game MC Coach Frank Lenti said that St.Joes had 3 pre-season scrimmages against other PA teams and it allowed them to work out the kinks.....for MC without that benefit.. it was finding out theirs as the game progressed.

Definitely seems like a major hurdle for a team to overcome when facing teams that are allowed scrimmages. Very strange rule. Interesting to learn about as well. Gives a bit of a different perspective when watching and/or trying to evaluate those schools. 

27 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Also are these good games? 

Bellville East vs Chaminade,MO

O Fallon vs Christian Brothers,MO

Homewood-Flossmoor vs Lutheran North,MO

Christ the King vs St Mary Prep,MI

Homewood-Flossmoor and Lutheran North could be an interesting game. Others should be blowouts in favor of the non-Illinois team. Christ the King is a first-year varsity program.

Nolebull813,

I forgot about Phillips and Chaminade  it is part of the ESL Gateway classic the following week. Phillips has a better chance to win this one providing they avoid any major injuries in their opening game against Pickerington Central. ESL is playing Trinity Catholic as well.

Chaminade beat Bellville East last year 40-13. Bellville West is a much better team than East is. Chaminade should win again.

CBC will bust up O`fallon...O`fallon has some athletes but CBC is loaded.It`s why they scheduled St.Johns this year.

H-F should beat LN ..but H-F lost a lot from last year. Still they should have enough left to handle LN.

I can`t figure out this game between CTK and St,Mary`s MI. This is one of the top teams in MI playing a first year school. This has 60-0 written all over it.

7 hours ago, abbatt said:

Nolebull813,

I forgot about Phillips and Chaminade  it is part of the ESL Gateway classic the following week. Phillips has a better chance to win this one providing they avoid any major injuries in their opening game against Pickerington Central. ESL is playing Trinity Catholic as well.

Chaminade beat Bellville East last year 40-13. Bellville West is a much better team than East is. Chaminade should win again.

CBC will bust up O`fallon...O`fallon has some athletes but CBC is loaded.It`s why they scheduled St.Johns this year.

H-F should beat LN ..but H-F lost a lot from last year. Still they should have enough left to handle LN.

I can`t figure out this game between CTK and St,Mary`s MI. This is one of the top teams in MI playing a first year school. This has 60-0 written all over it.

Yeah I seen St Mary's and knew they were a name brand Michigan team. That's why I mentioned them. 

Illinois and Missouri have got some big ones, and your gonna see who's the best of the 2 states for sure 

12 hours ago, abbatt said:

Here are my predictions......

ESL at Detroit King........there will certainly be lots of talent, size and athletes on display....these 2 teams are almost mirror images of each other.There hasn`t been a lot of chatter about ESL so far.... I can`t find any info on a full roster. Because it`s at King..I will go with them....38-33.

Loyola Academy at Rockford, Mi........I feel LA will win..but it`s going to be a tough game. Rockford has some big OF lineman and they are pretty decent. LA beat Bishop Amat last year with 7 starters out. This year they have avoided the injuries and should be at full strength.......LA 28...Rockford..17

Naperville Central at Louisville Trinity........This may be a blow-out........NC has a very good QB and some good offensive weapons but their  D will really be stretched and challenged by Trinity`s speed. LT  42 NC 21

Lutheran north at Nazarath Academy.........It seems that most people are focused on Trinity Catholic..but LN beat them 48-46 last year in the play-offs. They are a loaded team like TC...but they haven`t faced anyone like Nazarath Academy. This is a big ,strong very well coached team with depth,size and about 10-12 Div1 prospects as well. Naz wins 45-20.

Trinity Catholic at ESL. ...well..if TC upsets CC ...it`s not going to happen !!!! ESL should win...but I feel that the loser of this game will be starting the season 0-2. ESL wins 41-28

Edwardsville at CBC...last year EDsviille lost at home 40-19 ..even though they were up at the half. I see a similar score...This CBC team has a chance to make some noise this year Nationally if they can upset St.Johns. CBC 42 ESDville 20

Chicago Phillips at Pickerington Central Oh.......This is not a good game for Phillips because it`s their season opener and it will be PC`s 3rd game. I think they will represent themselves well...but this is the defending large school champ from Ohio playing at home. If this game was at Gately stadium on the South side of Chicago...I would give Phillips a chance..but it`s not. PC 43...Phillips 27

ESL at Massilon Washington OH........Massilon is getting a lot of chatter on the Ohio boards.....they return a lot of starters...ESL is 0-3 against Ohio...after this it will be 0-4. MW 38 ESL 21

This game isn`t listed but here goes......Trotwood-Madison, Oh is also a defending OH champ and it`s going to be a train-wreck for Simeon. minimum 42-6 loss ,maybe worse.

Scrimmages aren`t allowed in Illinois.....so the first game is the scrimmage. By season`s end the top teams in Illinois are good enough to hang with most states except the top ones.

Long time no see.  Welcome back 👍🏻

(Quoted to bug a certain someone)

Frosty 4024,

I am really surprised that St.Mary`s took this game...do they not understand who this team is ?? This is a first year Chicago inner city school that is going to get absolutely waxed by St.Mary`s. Loyola Academy contacted over half a dozen schools in MI. who all refused to play them..until Rockford ,MI. accepted the challenge. I wonder if Loyola approached St.Mary`s.

MA Fan,

I didn`t realize that they had such a rough season last year....They won the state the year before beating an always good Muskegon team .29-28. Still..they can win this game against CTK without any problem and name the score. CTK is also playing Montini Catholic...another nasty score for sure.

10 hours ago, abbatt said:

Bones......

I believe that several other Il teams are also playing Canadian teams...but I don`t remember whom they are.

How and why is first year school CTK playing St.Mary`s MI ??????

CTK is also playing Montini and a Canadian team. Only 8 games on the schedule so I imagine they took what they could get.