Illinois Thread

abbatt

Gospeeder,

I `m not sure that it will make too much difference because it`s too early in the season. Since MC played St.Joes PA in their opener 4-5 yrs. ago...they have been scheduling cupcakes and cream puffs for their opening games. Playing Gary West side...Chicago Taft and now Chicago Hope will get you play-off qualifying points, but YES...I do agree somewhat that it isn`t great prep for much tougher opponents.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Phillips plays Chaminade,Mo in next weeks ESL City of Champions jamboree. Chaminade struggled to beat Belleville East IL. 45-31 in their opener. That not  impressive as BE isn`t very good. If Phillips can get their DC to quit being so stubborn about sticking to a scheme....even when it`s obviously not working...they should win this game by 2-3 TD`s. Oh yeah...and clean up the TO`s !!!

I don`t know  if Lutheran North is better or worse than TC.....but they will give H-F a battle.

ESL has to clean up their game against TC....Better execution as in less penalties and better tackling will go a long way.

I'm not concerned about any of the games this weekend in East St Louis. IL should win all 3 handily. If not it's an indictment on IL. What I like about this year is we get a direct comparison between Naz and H-F with this Lutheran N squad AND Naz being 7A. Now we can cease all the talk and let it be settled on the field as these 3A, 4A, 5A, and 6A championships just don't impress me when claiming to be one of the best in the state. Even Prairie Ridge was going down to the wire with Huntley in the 6A championship years. Huntley.

East St. Louis wins by at least 3 TD's

H-F wins by at least 3 TD's

Phillips, I don'y know, maybe wins by 12.

On another note; these are the big games:

Maine South @ Mt. Carmel - Classic IL football programs

Naperville C @ Lincoln-Way East 

Stevenson @ Neuqua Valley

Naperville N @ Batavia - 7A champs eeked out a win and NN needs a win

Joliet Catholic @ Immaculate Conception

Nazareth @ Lake Zurich

St. Charles N @ Bolingbrook

Edwardsville @ Christian Brothers (MO) (the real big dog in MO)

• Like 1

Bones,

Here are my predictions.......

ESL 41....TC..28...........HF..34....LN..14..........Phillips...47.....Chaminade 21

MC...28...MS..24.........LWE...42.....NC...21...Is Henning injured?.......NV...27...Stevie...21.......Batavia..35..NN..13.......IC..45...JC..28

LZ...21...Naz..14......Bolingbrook..28...St.CN..21.....CBC...48...Edwardsville..27

9 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

All three of these are surprises. 

Your boys appear to be seriously good this year.

Is Naz as good as 2015? ... maybe good enough to eventually crack the top 100?

For years JCA was one of the "big boy" schools back there. Has the program just crumpled or is IC Cath that good?

I got the Naz and IC games wrong lol 

I haven't seen Naz, but one of my buddies coached for them a few years back so he's still plugged; says this is a great Naz team. Don't know if they're better though especially considering their star RB is no longer on the team.

My guys? This is a different team for us IMO. Not physically overwhelming, but the coaches seem to be making better adjustments. We were down 24-10 in the 3rd then the D and O started making plays. The RB going to Eastern Kentucky is easily better than the one going to Michigan State, he just doesn't have the B1G 10 body.

• Thanks 1

Bones, Gospeeder,

It`s kinda funny but there aren`t any posts or comments on the Ohio Yappi football forums about Simeon routing T-M. T-M was held to 56 yds. rushing on 32 carries.The T-M coach said that Simeon was the fastest team he`s seen...very physical and well-coached. He raved about Simeon QB......I believe that T-M plays Pickerington Central pretty soon...let`s see how this daisy chain plays out.

2 hours ago, abbatt said:

Bones, Gospeeder,

It`s kinda funny but there aren`t any posts or comments on the Ohio Yappi football forums about Simeon routing T-M. T-M was held to 56 yds. rushing on 32 carries.The T-M coach said that Simeon was the fastest team he`s seen...very physical and well-coached. He raved about Simeon QB......I believe that T-M plays Pickerington Central pretty soon...let`s see how this daisy chain plays out.

Trotwood wasn't expected to be great this season.  Pickerington Central is going to route them most likely.  

4 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Trotwood wasn't expected to be great this season.  Pickerington Central is going to route them most likely.  

I agree. Can't read too much in the Simeon win as TM is two divisions down from Ohio's big boys. Simeon however has been slowly growing their program ( more conservatively than Phillips ) to where they can now wade into the deep waters and win or lose, at least show well.

Here is what I see...Yes it was last year ,but T-M beat both PC and Wayne.....2 major players in Ohio football in the last few years. Ohio is a power state and ranked above Illinois substantially....although I believe that is a flawed perception. According to the Ohio newspapers T-M returned quite a bit on Def.....yes they lost a bunch on OFF...Simeon finished 8-5 last year and returned 7 starters. Simeon flat out whipped a top 10 team in Ohio on their home field. It`s not supposed to happen. I have no doubt that PC will stomp T-M in a mudhole......Always wanted to say that.......My prediction is PC   55  T-M 7.

• Like 2

Bones,

The camera was on the Phillips side facing The Chaminade side where about 250-300 people were in the stands. Considering that Chaminade is not far from ESL it was a low turn-out.

Some scores......LWE  38   NC  19..... MS 21  MC 13......Barrington 37  Buffalo Grove 0... Buffalo Grove blasted DGN last week  49-19.

1 hour ago, abbatt said:

Here is what I see...Yes it was last year ,but T-M beat both PC and Wayne.....2 major players in Ohio football in the last few years. Ohio is a power state and ranked above Illinois substantially....although I believe that is a flawed perception. According to the Ohio newspapers T-M returned quite a bit on Def.....yes they lost a bunch on OFF...Simeon finished 8-5 last year and returned 7 starters. Simeon flat out whipped a top 10 team in Ohio on their home field. It`s not supposed to happen. I have no doubt that PC will stomp T-M in a mudhole......Always wanted to say that.......My prediction is PC   55  T-M 7.

Trotwood is not a top 10 team in Ohio.  They most likely aren't even top 25.  Last season is last season.  That said, it's a good win for Simeon.