Really Michigan you put a Muslim in office

HSFBfan

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Typical talking points addressing the issues of the day.  So you didn't find anything about  blowing federal blgs nor sharia law?  Interesting. 

Looked at one article. Didnt really care to read anymore about her. She went 0-3 in the first 3 talking points. Shes also a big supporter obv of Palestine. Which goes against our countries backing of israel. 

Just now, World Citizen said:

I don't remember it as a religious attack.  Do You know anything about Islam? 

Were they Muslim yep they were

Muslims?? This deserves exactly what this person says.....anyone black brown white etc etc threatens to shoot up a school should get the death penalty immediately 

12 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Lets look up her policies. 

Medicare for all..nope no thanks

Raising minimum wage...nope

Protecting unions.....no thanks. Unions hurting states and the government 

So those are the 3 things I found on which she platformed. Dont support any of them 

You do Not support those things. 

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

You do Not support those things. 

I speak only for myself. I can see people fighting the union thing but the other 2....hard to understand the argument. But the problem is Michigan's. I have my own asshole to deal with here in NY

3 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

That’s a little disingenuous.  You can argue that their interpretation of the religion is a perversion, but you can’t argue that they weren’t motivated by said perverted interpretation.

Not at all.  They were motivated by our actions in the region.  They may use a perverted interpretation to get other pissed off people to join.  They wouldn't have attacked if there wasn't previous grievances that have nothing to do with religion.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Not at all.  They were motivated by our actions in the region.  They may use a perverted interpretation to get other pissed off people to join.  They wouldn't have attacked if there wasn't previous grievances that have nothing to do with religion.  

We have wildly different interpretations of the history in that region and how it has led to our current situation.  Fair enough.  

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

Didn't you start a thread about Cali and 15$ hour and how bad it is?  

Read the article I posted from Forbes. 15 dollar minimum wage doesnt work. You should not be living on minimum wage. You should not have a family on minimum wage. 

3 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I guess Not.  You should read about it before you form such a strong opinion.  Imo

Do You know anything about Christianity?  

Judaism?  

I grew up Christian. It's a farce. Religion to me is a farce except for the radicals in every religion who take it way too much to heart. And than it take to the extreme which we call extremists 

11 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

What are u gonna tell me it's some religion of peace lmaoooo. Get outta here. 

HSFBFan, If you’re interested in the history of Islam and that region I would recommend you read a few of the books by Bernard Lewis.  Very renown Middle East scholar.  Books are dense but worth a read.  Then read some of the works by Edward Said for a different perspective.  You’ll get a good flavor for 2 different sides of the debate on the history, religion, and geopolitics of that region.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

We have wildly different interpretations of the history in that region and how it has led to our current situation.  Fair enough.  

I can understand your view and as the goal of Islam is to create a perfect society in which the poor and hungry are Fed and there is justice and all that.  Being that is the goal, every act can be seen in that context and is difficult to separate the religion from anything else.  So in that regard it can be viewed as being of a religious nature but that would be disengenuous of me to ignore the other stated grievances.

Imho

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

HSFBFan, If you’re interested in the history of Islam and that region I would recommend you read a few of the books by Bernard Lewis.  Very renown Middle East scholar.  Books are dense but worth a read.  Then read some of the works by Edward Said for a different perspective.  You’ll get a good flavor for 2 different sides of the debate on the history, religion, and geopolitics of that region.

Another outstanding source is Karen Armstrong.  She has several great books on Islam and Christianity.  

History of God was especially good read.  Or study bc its not an easy read.  

6 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Another outstanding source is Karen Armstrong.  She has several great books on Islam and Christianity.  

History of God was especially good read.  Or study bc its not an easy read.  

I’ve never heard of her.  Will check it out.  Haven’t read any new books on that region of the world in a few years, but I recently got a copy of Andrew Mango’s biography of Ataturk and it’s sitting in my nightstand to start.  I’ve come full circle as it were.  Will look into Armstrong as well.

Gracias.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

No thanks.