GA. guys.....how is Roswell this year ?

abbatt

Haven't heard a lot from them this year either. Their head coach left and is in his second year at Buford this year so, that's part of the reason. 

I'm not sure what to expect from them. The way talent moves around in the metro, I suppose losing the coach shifted interest away from that school for now. 

Theres 11 teams, IMO, to keep an eye on this Preseason that can be really good this year...

North Gwinnett (although theyve lost 3 big time players this offseason... 1 to IMG, 1 just quit, and another quit to focus on baseball... So their stock has fallen just a bit, as I had them clear #1 in GA just a month ago)

Colquitt Co. (Rock solid pick)

Grayson (super-talented)

Marietta (stock is falling fast ... 4* WR Jermaine Burton is otw to Hoover (if accepted by the AHSAA) and more important, 2 2020 stars were declared ineligible in 3* ATH Dawson Ellington & 4* S Rashad Torrence... Here are the 3 players 247sports pages... 

https://247sports.com/Player/Jermaine-Burton-46039009/

https://247sports.com/Player/Rashad-Torrence-46041913/

https://247sports.com/Player/Dawson-Ellington-92091/

------

Archer (will be very good on D, if the O can step it up, theyll be elite)

Rome (lost that elite DL, but theyll be really good on O)

Buford (2nd most talented team in GA behind Grayson, 2nd year under John Ford... Big shit ahead)

Walton (lost all OL and DL, but bring back all skill players ... The seem to have a very good HC going into his 2nd season)

McEachern (always on this list... Always talented)

Blessed Trinity (winning 4A, beating Cartersville in the playoffs, and bringing back alot of starters has them on a lot of watch lists... Many of their starters, have been starters for 3+ years... Very experienced team)

Milton (hearing that program is doing well, but they have alot of holes to fill from last year)

Just now, abbatt said:

I watched their championship game against CC in 2015 and against Grayson in 2016. They didn`t seem to match-up size-wise...but they were very disciplined and hard-nosed.

Roswells D in 2016 was very good. They were killing Graysons O the 1st half of that championship game.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, abbatt said:

ECHS05,

There are a lot of big kids in Illinois this year...at least 45 plus linemen going..6`5-6`8..280-330.....but only 2-3 per team. I`m always amazed when I look at a roster like Grayson`s and I see at least 8-12 like that.

Ga teams are always stacked with beef.   Seems like even your average big school has huge lineman.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abbatt said:

ECHS05,

There are a lot of big kids in Illinois this year...at least 45 plus linemen going..6`5-6`8..280-330.....but only 2-3 per team. I`m always amazed when I look at a roster like Grayson`s and I see at least 8-12 like that.

Being over 6 feet tall most of my life and not being thin since high school, I generally don't feel small in a crowd.  When I'm on the field with everyone after the game I find myself looking up more often than not. It feels strange.

• Haha 2