2018 Tier Placement - Final

Sammyswordsman

27 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Relax it was a scrimmage 

IMG is hiding the weapons for the Stache 

Based on what i saw if mater Dei doesn't win by 25 or more they have no business being ranked top 25

If mater Dei is as good as you CA guys say they should have no problem scoring 60 on that IMG secondary 

And btw everyone in FL knows that the big name programs in FL don't treat koc like scrimmages 

Games like this one and AHP vs img a few years ago and others like Trinity Christian vs BTW, AHP vs BTW, Columbia vs Apopka, mainland vs apopka among others are treated more like tuneup games then a scrimmage 

These games all involved 2 teams who have way too much pride and ego to be ok with losing so they tend to play to win and if you watched them up close you will see they weren't really holding back anything

• Like 1

On 8/18/2018 at 9:21 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

Tier 4 - Lincoln Way East (IL), Converse Junction Tx, American Heritage (Fl), Phillips (IL), North Shore (Tx), Bingham, Warren Central (Ind), Saguaro, North Gwinett, Marietta, Bergen Catholic, St. X, Miami Northwestern, Colerain

Tier 5 - OLU, Serra (Gardena), Jokes Christian, SJR, SPP, Trinity*, SJP, Aledo, Buford, ST. Eds,  Upland, Blessed Trinity (Ga), Muskegon (Mi), Mentor (oh),  East (St. Louis),  Phillips (IL), Bishop Dunne (Tx),  Mission Viejo, Archer

Tier 6 - Pittsburg, Serra (San Mateo), JSerra, Servite, DBP, Columbia (FL), ArchBishop Wood, Santa Margarita, Gonzaga, Loyola Academy (IL), John Curtis, Arch Bishop Rummel, Lowndes, Chandler

*teams will not be considered to be in a Tier until they score a point ( if they have played a game).

Below is an explanation of the Methodolgy used to place the teams on various Tiers.  The Tier concept recognizes that W/L records are a function of quality of opponent, and as such, RELEVANCY of opponent MUST be factored in.  The Tiers recognizes that in some cases, a 10-0 team (ranked in Top 100 by some outlets) could get blown off the field by a 5-5 (unranked) team that played a tougher schedule.  This is why the Tiers was created.

*Not attempting to rank every team, only the ones we discuss on this site.

*Tier placements consider a teams entire body of work, however are weighted heaviest on recent games and game weights decrease in significance in reverse order.  In other words, early road OOS losses to relevant teams can be overcome as the season progresses.

*Teams placed on the same Tier can compete with other same Tier teams and possibly win 2+ of 10. 

*Basically there is a -10 point drop between tiers.  Could vary from 7 to 21 depending on the styles of teams playing.  This does not necessarily mean that there is a 30 point difference between Tier 1 and Tier 3, only that the chances of a Tier 3 team beating a Tier 1 team are exponentially less than the chances of a Tier 2 Team beating a Tier 1 team6

*The Tiers will ultimately be made up of (16) teams per Tier that would form competitive playoff brackets.

*Texas teams generally have not played enough OOS games to gauge properly #crapshoot.  There must be a daisy chain OOS connection for a reference point.  Teams with no OOS daisy chain connection may not be placed on a Tier.  (Texas exempt)

*Tiers are based on exhaustive research, Multiple games watched, and good gut feelings.

*This is a crowd sourced rating. All input will be considered and adjustments will be made as appropriate 

17 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

He's referring to how every single person blew the img vs Columbia game pick

I'm guilty also. On my defense, I never said IMG was going to blow out Columbia. I know Florida better than some and knew this game was a highlight game for Columbia. I figured IMG would win something like 35- 21. So I really had no faith that Columbia would actually win. 

However, IMG was starting to jell before the A squad left the field. The Ascenders will carry that into next week and only get better as the season plays out. Remember, the best cure for a big head is losing. Just hope that hot air IMG lost doesn't infect the Columbia team. Columbia will wear the target all season now because they beat IMG and that will carry a lot of weight when playing other teams. Your schedule just got tougher,. Just ask anyone who played for an elite team if they don't come gunning for you.

I do want to wish you and Columbia the best season you've had in 40 years. Take it to state.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I'm guilty also. On my defense, I never said IMG was going to blow out Columbia. I know Florida better than some and knew this game was a highlight game for Columbia. I figured IMG would win something like 35- 21. So I really had no faith that Columbia would actually win. 

However, IMG was starting to jell before the A squad left the field. The Ascenders will carry that into next week and only get better as the season plays out. Remember, the best cure for a big head is losing. Just hope that hot air IMG lost doesn't infect the Columbia team. Columbia will wear the target all season now because they beat IMG and that will carry a lot of weight when playing other teams. Your schedule just got tougher,. Just ask anyone who played for an elite team if they don't come gunning for you.

I do want to wish you and Columbia the best season you've had in 40 years. Take it to state.

I agree with target but truthfully we have a target on our back anyway

As long as these players stay focused I'm not too worried about the target on our back

But the fact that so many have tried to discredit us and the win as a fluke is only making these players more pissed off

Teams may be gunning for us but we are the ones on the hunt

• Like 1

Tier 3 - Colerain, Bishop Gorman, ULab, Arch Bishop Hoban, Katy, Rome, Warren Central, Good Council, Miami Central, Mentor, Duncanville (TX), DLS

Tier 4 - Converse Junction Tx, Phillips (IL), North Shore (Tx),   North Gwinett,  Bergen Catholic, St. X, Miami Northwestern,   Mission Viejo, St. X , OLU, SPP, Phillips (IL), JSerra 

Tier 5 - Serra (Gardena), Jokes Christian, SJR, Trinity*, SJP, Aledo, Buford, ST. Eds,  Upland, Blessed Trinity (Ga), Muskegon (Mi),   East (St. Louis),  Bishop Dunne (Tx), , Archer, Lincoln Way East (IL), American Heritage (Fl), Saguaro, Santa Margarita,  Columbia (FL),  Loyola Academy (IL), Dematha, Walton, Archer, Marietta, Iggy

Tier 6 - Pittsburg,  Servite, DBP,   Gonzaga, John Curtis, Arch Bishop Rummel, Lowndes, Chandler,

*teams will not be considered to be in a Tier until they score a point ( if they have played a game).

Below is an explanation of the Methodolgy used to place the teams on various Tiers.  The Tier concept recognizes that W/L records are a function of quality of opponent, and as such, RELEVANCY of opponent MUST be factored in.  The Tiers recognizes that in some cases, a 10-0 team (ranked in Top 100 by some outlets) could get blown off the field by a 5-5 (unranked) team that played a tougher schedule.  This is why the Tiers was created.

*Not attempting to rank every team, only the ones we discuss on this site.

*Tier placements consider a teams entire body of work, however are weighted heaviest on recent games and game weights decrease in significance in reverse order.  In other words, early road OOS losses to relevant teams can be overcome as the season progresses.

*Teams placed on the same Tier can compete with other same Tier teams and possibly win 2+ of 10. 

*Basically there is a -10 point drop between tiers.  Could vary from 7 to 21 depending on the styles of teams playing.  This does not necessarily mean that there is a 30 point difference between Tier 1 and Tier 3, only that the chances of a Tier 3 team beating a Tier 1 team are exponentially less than the chances of a Tier 2 Team beating a Tier 1 team6

*The Tiers will ultimately be made up of (16) teams per Tier that would form competitive playoff brackets.

*Texas teams generally have not played enough OOS games to gauge properly #crapshoot.  There must be a daisy chain OOS connection for a reference point.  Teams with no OOS daisy chain connection may not be placed on a Tier.  (Texas exempt)

*Tiers are based on exhaustive research, Multiple games watched, and good gut feelings.

*This is a crowd sourced rating. All input will be considered and adjustments will be made as appropriate 

3 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Tier 3 - Colerain, Bishop Gorman, ULab, Arch Bishop Hoban, Katy, Rome, Warren Central, Good Council, Miami Central, Mentor, Duncanville (TX), DLS

Tier 4 - Converse Junction Tx, Phillips (IL), North Shore (Tx),   North Gwinett,  Bergen Catholic, St. X, Miami Northwestern,   Mission Viejo, St. X , OLU, SPP, Phillips (IL), 

Tier 5 - Serra (Gardena), Jokes Christian, SJR, Trinity*, SJP, Aledo, Buford, ST. Eds,  Upland, Blessed Trinity (Ga), Muskegon (Mi),   East (St. Louis),  Bishop Dunne (Tx), , Archer, Lincoln Way East (IL), American Heritage (Fl), Saguaro, Santa Margarita,  JSerra, Columbia (FL),  Loyola Academy (IL), Dematha, Walton, Archer, Marietta, Iggy

Tier 6 - Pittsburg, Serra (San Mateo),  Servite, DBP,   Gonzaga, John Curtis, Arch Bishop Rummel, Lowndes, Chandler,

You devious devil.

I thought you said you were going to make nice with folsom.

• Haha 1