2018 Tier Placement - Final

Sammyswordsman

3 hours ago, Pops said:

You said “elite tier” then later “elite player tier”

if you just want to separate the academies I’m all for it

if you believe teams ought to be ranked by the recruiting evaluations of some of its players, I’m totally opposed with mountains of empirical evidence in my side 

I think in the last few years those terms are one in the same.   The top elite teams happened to be the ones composed of elite players.   LATELY.   There's no secret that those teams listed in tier 1 are uber talented.   Now are there super talented teams that are not as good as advertised.  YES.   

10 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I think in the last few years those terms are one in the same.   The top elite teams happened to be the ones composed of elite players.   LATELY.   There's no secret that those teams listed in tier 1 are uber talented.   Now are there super talented teams that are not as good as advertised.  YES.   

IMO Tier 2 and 3 are really tier 1. Tier 1 is basically academies, and that is a category all in its own. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

It doesn’t matter where you put Centennial! They will have to beat beat MD and SJB in order to face DLS for the State Title. It will work itself out. 

What people aren’t seeing, is what if IMG beats MD. Then MD beats SJB where does that leave Cali?

It leaves Cali on whatever Tier Sammy decides to put Columbia on.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

It doesn’t matter where you put Centennial! They will have to beat beat MD and SJB in order to face DLS for the State Title. It will work itself out. 

What people aren’t seeing, is what if IMG beats MD. Then MD beats SJB where does that leave Cali?

Even worse if SJC beats IMG and all that still happens.   Doubt it though.   IMG might possibly lose to both

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

No, it's not.

The whole advantage of a Tier system is that it is supposed to reflect a certain reality, which is that we can only make course-grained distinctions among teams. 

The more Tiers you add to the system, the more fine-grained the distinctions have to be, and the closer you get to rankings teams 1-n, which presupposes that we can tell whether a certain team is exactly n-places better or worse than another team, which is silly. 

Let’s just go to 100 tiers.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

Back to normal after DLS beats sjb 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

Doesn't matter. Folsom is a better team than Cen10. 

31 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Your season ended before it even started big boy. Guaranteed playoff exit and no bowl game for you. 

Enjoy watching us drop 70 on one of your weak squads. 

14-0 

i know your first thought is that’s the score that ended Folsom for the year...but alas no, that will be Centennials record when they meet the team that owned you August 17th 2018. The date you and your team became...irrelevant.

26 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

14-0 

i know your first thought is that’s the score that ended Folsom for the year...but alas no, that will be Centennials record when they meet the team that owned you August 17th 2018. The date you and your team became...irrelevant.

35 points. 

I know you know that is the number of points you scored against Pitt. NorCals MAYBE 5th or 6th best team. Folsom would put 70 plus on Pitt if they're starters even played the second half. You had your starters in the entire game and only mustered up 35 points on sorry Pitt! Overrated!

You will never play a NorCal team this year because you will he sitting at home watching us in a bowl game. And that angers you. We would beat you by 3 scores big boy. We have too many athletes and you are just too sloppy, as evidenced against 2nd tier Pitt. 

Everyone knows we would rail your squad and you simply cant take it. 

Take your loss like a man and leave. We are better. 

2 hours ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

14-0 

If CC makes it to 14-0, I’m nominating @On2whls for sandbagged of year award 

I always lean CC in socal (except last 2 years) but he convinced me you guys were down this year — I still think there’s some truth to his opinion but you have to judge a team on their record not potential andnif CC gets to 14-0, they ought to be #1 in country unless IMG is also undefeated with a win over CC (maybe SJC also but since they play IMG would only be one if them)

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

35 points. 

I know you know that is the number of points you scored against Pitt. NorCals MAYBE 5th or 6th best team. Folsom would put 70 plus on Pitt if they're starters even played the second half. You had your starters in the entire game and only mustered up 35 points on sorry Pitt! Overrated!

You will never play a NorCal team this year because you will he sitting at home watching us in a bowl game. And that angers you. We would beat you by 3 scores big boy. We have too many athletes and you are just too sloppy, as evidenced against 2nd tier Pitt. 

Everyone knows we would rail your squad and you simply cant take it. 

Take your loss like a man and leave. We are better. 

Folsom and cc would be a great game 

CA is 

SJB. MD

DLS CC Folsom

everyone else 

Sjb md and DLS will all play 2+ games against the rest of top 5 but Folsom only has DLS and cc likely will only have SSD1 semi 

would be a great game — don’t ruin that obvious neutral statement by mocking CC and their MOV vs the worst team they e played 

• Like 2