2018 Tier Placement - Final

Sammyswordsman

Tier 1 - Mater Dei, IMG, SJB,  Allen, 

Tier 2 -  Lake Travis, St. Louis,   North shore (tx),  SFA,  Cen10, Miami Central, Carol City, SJP

Tier 3 -  Rome,  Centennial AZ,  SPP,   SJC, STA, DLS, Colquitt County, ULAB, Gonzaga, Good Council,  Mentor (OH)

Tier 4 - Converse Judson Tx, Katy,  OLU,   Lincoln Way East (IL), American Heritage Plantation, St. Edwards,  Warren Central, . Aledo,  Bingham, Mission Viejo, Pickerington Central, Jokes Christion, DBP,  Grayson, Archer, Colerain, Bishop Gorman, Bergen Catholic, Folsom, Arch Bishop Hoban, SJR, Deerfield Beach, Milton, JSerra

Tier 5 -   Blessed Trinity (Ga), Muskegon (Mi), East (SLC),  Loyola Academy (IL), Miami Northwestern,   Lee County, North Gwinett, . Marrietta, Chandler, Hoover, DeMatha, De Paul, Aledo, Buford, St. Iggy, Walton, East (UT), Liberty (NV)

Tier 6 - John Curtis,  Lowndes,  Saguaro, Trinity*, ST. X,  Columbia FLA, Cardinal Gibbons

*teams will not be considered to be in a Tier until they score a point ( if they have played a game).

Below is an explanation of the Methodolgy used to place the teams on various Tiers.  The Tier concept recognizes that W/L records are a function of quality of opponent, and as such, RELEVANCY of opponent MUST be factored in.  The Tiers recognizes that in some cases, a 10-0 team (ranked in Top 100 by some outlets) could get blown off the field by a 5-5 (unranked) team that played a tougher schedule.  This is why the Tiers was created.

*Not attempting to rank every team, only the ones we discuss on this site.

* The Tiers are fluid and subject to extreme fluctuations early in the year, leveling out as the year progresses.

*Tier placements consider a teams entire body of work, however are weighted heaviest on recent games and game weights decrease in significance in reverse order.  In other words, early road OOS losses to relevant teams can be overcome as the season progresses.

*Teams placed on the same Tier can compete with other same Tier teams and possibly win 2+ of 10. 

*Basically there is a -10 point drop between tiers.  Could vary from a TD to 3 scores depending on the styles of teams playing.  This does not necessarily mean that there is a 30 point difference between Tier 1 and Tier 3, only that the chances of a Tier 3 team beating a Tier 1 team are exponentially less than the chances of a Tier 2 Team beating a Tier 1 team.

*The Tiers will ultimately be made up of (16) teams per Tier that would form competitive playoff brackets.

*Texas teams generally have not played enough OOS games to gauge properly #crapshoot.  There must be a daisy chain OOS connection for a reference point.  Teams with no OOS daisy chain connection may not be placed on a Tier.  (Texas exempt)

*Tiers are based on exhaustive research, Multiple games watched, and good gut feelings.

*This is a crowd sourced rating. All input will be considered and adjustments will be made as appropriate

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Tier 1 - Mater Dei, IMG, SJB,  Allen, 

Tier 2 -  Lake Travis, St. Louis,   North shore (tx),  SFA,  Cen10, Miami Central, Carol City, SJP

Tier 3 -  Rome,  Centennial AZ,  SPP,   SJC, STA, DLS, Colquitt County, ULAB, Gonzaga, Good Council,  Mentor (OH)

Tier 4 - Converse Judson Tx, Katy,  OLU,   Lincoln Way East (IL), American Heritage Plantation, St. Edwards,  Warren Central, . Aledo,  Bingham, Mission Viejo, Pickerington Central, Jokes Christion, DBP,  Grayson, Archer, Colerain, Bishop Gorman, Bergen Catholic, Folsom, Arch Bishop Hoban, SJR, Deerfield Beach, Milton, JSerra

Tier 5 -   Blessed Trinity (Ga), Muskegon (Mi), East (SLC),  Loyola Academy (IL), Miami Northwestern,   Lee County, North Gwinett, . Marrietta, Chandler, Hoover, DeMatha, De Paul, Aledo, Buford, St. Iggy, Walton, East (UT), Liberty (NV)

Tier 6 - John Curtis,  Lowndes,  Saguaro, Trinity*, ST. X,  Columbia FLA, Cardinal Gibbons

*teams will not be considered to be in a Tier until they score a point ( if they have played a game).

Below is an explanation of the Methodolgy used to place the teams on various Tiers.  The Tier concept recognizes that W/L records are a function of quality of opponent, and as such, RELEVANCY of opponent MUST be factored in.  The Tiers recognizes that in some cases, a 10-0 team (ranked in Top 100 by some outlets) could get blown off the field by a 5-5 (unranked) team that played a tougher schedule.  This is why the Tiers was created.

*Not attempting to rank every team, only the ones we discuss on this site.

* The Tiers are fluid and subject to extreme fluctuations early in the year, leveling out as the year progresses.

*Tier placements consider a teams entire body of work, however are weighted heaviest on recent games and game weights decrease in significance in reverse order.  In other words, early road OOS losses to relevant teams can be overcome as the season progresses.

*Teams placed on the same Tier can compete with other same Tier teams and possibly win 2+ of 10. 

*Basically there is a -10 point drop between tiers.  Could vary from a TD to 3 scores depending on the styles of teams playing.  This does not necessarily mean that there is a 30 point difference between Tier 1 and Tier 3, only that the chances of a Tier 3 team beating a Tier 1 team are exponentially less than the chances of a Tier 2 Team beating a Tier 1 team.

*The Tiers will ultimately be made up of (16) teams per Tier that would form competitive playoff brackets.

*Texas teams generally have not played enough OOS games to gauge properly #crapshoot.  There must be a daisy chain OOS connection for a reference point.  Teams with no OOS daisy chain connection may not be placed on a Tier.  (Texas exempt)

*Tiers are based on exhaustive research, Multiple games watched, and good gut feelings.

*This is a crowd sourced rating. All input will be considered and adjustments will be made as appropriate

Comedic gold here. 

11 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Is this tier shit legit? I mean, what the actual is it and why do we care?

Asking for a friend I don’t like. 

Regards,

ATrulyUndersizedInexperiencedWolfPup

Buford’s Best win is #879 Tucker. Their best card is the 14-19 loss to Deerfield beach. They played 2 Top 100 teams.  They need a signature win to move up past Tier 5

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Buford’s Best win is #879 Tucker. Their best card is the 14-19 loss to Deerfield beach. They played 2 Top 100 teams.  They need a signature win to move up past Tier 5

Hey Got dammit I thought we agreed to drop Buford from the tiers until proven otherwise 

No need to get nasty, fanboy. 

BGW

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Just giving you an explanation which you deserve.  Thank you for your interest.

I deserve no explanation in regards to Buford, dipshit. Trust me, I have my finger on the pulse.

My cavalier question was in regards to the tiers and why do we care.

No need to get butthurt over your pet project.

Aight? Now stop fucking with me, I’m getting a pedicure in a luxurious massage chair watching the Falcons on on the big screen.

Regards

BGW

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Two too many TX teams in the first two tiers. I have a hard time with SJC being below MC. Winning head to head should trump MOV. Marietta may be better than STA? We'll never know. I like where the NJ teams are placed. All in all, not as bad as usual. 

The SJC vs MC was a regulation tie, and had multiple tie breakers.  Plus SJC was at home.  Outside of that game, MC showed well this week vs Top 10 STA, and SJC did not vs. multiple loss Marietta.

4 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Only for homers who refuse to see reality.

whats your beef?

Why don't you break down Lakeland (FL) roster and tell us where they don't match up with anyone in your tiers 4-6. Pick any team you want and tell us where on the field they have an advantage. For entertainment purposes only, of course. We know you'd be full of sh*t and make everything up.