Centennial vs Chandler

NotBigdaddybloom

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Can someone (booster) from Cen10 give us some good info that would provide a glimmer of hope that they can win this game?  We have heard NOTHING all summer, except they don't know who the starting QB will be

I agree ..... very quiet on the CC front? 

Does CC expect to win this game ? 

4 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I agree ..... very quiet on the CC front? 

Does CC expect to win this game ? 

The players and coaches expect to win every game. 

It’s going to come down to who lost less in terms of offense.  Cen10 going to be less dominant on O line this year.  They will need the defense to shoulder more of the load, it’s that simple. 

I still see Chandler winning something like 35-21

16 minutes ago, On2whls said:

It’s going to come down to who lost less in terms of offense.  Cen10 going to be less dominant on O line this year.  They will need the defense to shoulder more of the load, it’s that simple. 

Not sure the huskie fans like your defeatis attitude..:  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Not sure the huskie fans like your defeatis attitude..:  

Although I’ve been to 45 games over the last 4 years, I can’t adpot a homeristic attitude.  I’m more realistic than most hard core Cen10 fans.   Sure, there’s a lot of potential and against some opponents you’ll see the usual lofty scores.  Chandler is a solid team with size, speed, skill, and experience where it counts.  I would like to see Cen10 win, but I don’t see it this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

35-21 after 1st Q or at halftime?

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, On2whls said:

Although I’ve been to 45 games over the last 4 years, I can’t adpot a homeristic attitude.  I’m more realistic than most hard core Cen10 fans.   Sure, there’s a lot of potential and against some opponents you’ll see the usual lofty scores.  Chandler is a solid team with size, speed, skill, and experience where it counts.  I would like to see Cen10 win, but I don’t see it this year.

After seeing Chandler scrimmage this past week I don't think this team has the same speed on offense that they've had in the past; they still looked very sharp (especially in the passing game) but they didn't break any big gainers against two different defenses that were using stripped down schemes. They did have a ten play set where their defense looked as fierce as I've seen them field.

Will be curious to see if Chandler tries to keep pace with Corona (as Chandler typically plays a very fast pace too) or if try to be more deliberate between snaps. I don't know that Chandler can win a game trying to match Centennial score for score.

12 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Will be curious to see if Chandler tries to keep pace with Corona (as Chandler typically plays a very fast pace too) or if try to be more deliberate between snaps. I don't know that Chandler can win a game trying to match Centennial score for score.

Cen10 strongest unit will be the D line.  Connover will need to get rid of the ball quickly.  The secondary is about what it has been. Small quick guys, no lockdown corners so they’ll have trouble with taller fast receivers especially on deep routes.  Linebackers overall a little less physical this year. 

Offensively two very good backs that make good zip cuts so defenses will need to stack the box at times.  However, unlike for prior years, threat of QB running effectively is far less. Tanner, for his size, was fairly mobile and hurt Chandler with some key runs. He also pump faked naturally and didn’t always go to the primary receiver.  

This year Cen10 will need to hit the timing routes more quickly.  There may be more opportunity to jump routes and get picks.   Historically, Cen10 hasn’t turned it over that much.  All but one of the QB’s have limited game reps, and the one that has a lotd is a transfer, so there’s the system familiarity issue for him.

Bottom line, it will be difficult for Cen10 to play fast pace offense as effectively as they have in the past, and we all know Cen10 usually wins by prolific scoring.  Thus, it’s going to be a tougher year.

Should me more like a 2009 or 2013 season, than 2014-2017.

Wooderson... I kind of thought Chandler might lose a little explosiveness/speed after seeing what they were losing after last season. But a lot of people said they wouldnt so I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Losing Romney is huge IMO. That kid was good and his chemistry with Conover was excellent. 2000+ yard rusher Drake Anderson is a loss... I know DeCarlos Brooks is still there but isnt he a CB? He cant do both full time.

Like I just said, losing Romney is tough... But they also lost 3 of their Top 4 WRs. Jarick Caldwell & Bryce Jackson being the other 2. The TE Liebrock is still there.

Conover is good... But a QB needs a RB and WRs... People mention Liebrock when they say they wont fall off any but thats ONE guy, he cant catch every pass. 

An update for some people the game will. It be at Corona Centennial because of the fire. They are looking at a couple of JCs as well as a small university. Should know within a day or so. 

Game wise CC will be fine. They will have to figure out there qb situation but everything else is on point. DL will be there best unit by far on defense. Secondary will be strong as well. Should be a great one no matter where it’s played. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Wooderson... I kinda of thought Chandler might lose a little explosive/speed seeing what they were losing after last season. But a lot of people said they wouldnt so I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Losing Romney is huge IMO. That kid was good and his chemistry with Conover was excellent. 2000+ yard rusher Drake Anderson is a loss... I know DeCarlos Brooks is still there but isnt he a CB? He cant do both full time.

Like I just said, losing Romney is tough... But they also lost 3 of their Top 4 WRs. Jarick Caldwell & Bryce Jackson being the other 2. The TE Liebrock is still there.

Conover is good... But a QB needs a RB and WRs... People mention Liebrock when they say they wont fall off any but thats ONE guy, he cant catch every pass. 

In this same scrimmage last year Romney was the guy that was able to pop the top off the defense, which in turn allowed Liebrock to get deep down field as well  (Romney had a couple 30+ yard catches that day, and Liebrock chipped one in too); at this week's scrimmage the passing game was almost entirely of 6-12 yard routes that worked the middle of the field. They'll win a lot of games doing that week after week, but it leaves some question as to athletically what they have on the edges.

Liebrock's a great tight end but I don't see him as a guy that can consistently be flanked wide and get down field against elite competition. Demarcus Griffin was being counted on to be that vertical threat but he appears to have transferred to North Carolina.

4 hours ago, Wooderson said:

In this same scrimmage last year Romney was the guy that was able to pop the top off the defense, which in turn allowed Liebrock to get deep down field as well  (Romney had a couple 30+ yard catches that day, and Liebrock chipped one in too); at this week's scrimmage the passing game was almost entirely of 6-12 yard routes that worked the middle of the field. They'll win a lot of games doing that week after week, but it leaves some question as to athletically what they have on the edges.

Liebrock's a great tight end but I don't see him as a guy that can consistently be flanked wide and get down field against elite competition. Demarcus Griffin was being counted on to be that vertical threat but he appears to have transferred to North Carolina.

Damn, I saw Griffin on Chandlers 247 page as a 3* WR... Thats another big loss ot appears. Theyve lost a ton of WRs since last year.