Centennial vs Chandler

NotBigdaddybloom

9 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Damn, I saw Griffin on Chandlers 247 page as a 3* WR... Thats another big loss ot appears. Theyve lost a ton of WRs since last year.

He's updated his Hudl page to have Olympic High in Charlotte as his school.  In their ten scrimmage plays against Centennial's D they ran 4-5 pass plays to Liebrock (their best offensive option), a couple swing passes to Brooks, and a couple runs by Brooks, and the pass plays to Liebrock were quite easily the most effective (same was true for their ten plays versus Highland's D). 

Now a lot of teams do play things close to the vest regarding play-calling in these events so they may have strategically excluded involving other bodies in the scrimmage, and I still think they are the best team in Arizona going into the season, but if their offense is going to be a steady stream of Liebrock and Brooks I think that couples with a relatively soft schedule (I say that because Perry's best returning player is out for the year with an ACL injury and Desert Ridge lost a ton of transfers in the offseason) after Zero Week to make them vulnerable come the playoffs.  If a legit outside receiver isn't established I don't like them in a matchup against Mountain Pointe.

48 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

What’s the status of Chandler’s top two transfers will they play in this game? 

Hardship appeals are taking place this Tuesday. Unless there's mitigating circumstances that haven't made their way to the rumor mill I typically expect all in-state transfers to sit the first half of the season.

48 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

What’s the status of Chandler’s top two transfers will they play in this game? 

Hardship appeals are taking place this Tuesday. Unless there's mitigating circumstances that haven't made their way to the rumor mill I typically expect all in-state transfers to sit the first half of the season.

6 hours ago, Wooderson said:

He's updated his Hudl page to have Olympic High in Charlotte as his school.  In their ten scrimmage plays against Centennial's D they ran 4-5 pass plays to Liebrock (their best offensive option), a couple swing passes to Brooks, and a couple runs by Brooks, and the pass plays to Liebrock were quite easily the most effective (same was true for their ten plays versus Highland's D). 

Now a lot of teams do play things close to the vest regarding play-calling in these events so they may have strategically excluded involving other bodies in the scrimmage, and I still think they are the best team in Arizona going into the season, but if their offense is going to be a steady stream of Liebrock and Brooks I think that couples with a relatively soft schedule (I say that because Perry's best returning player is out for the year with an ACL injury and Desert Ridge lost a ton of transfers in the offseason) after Zero Week to make them vulnerable come the playoffs.  If a legit outside receiver isn't established I don't like them in a matchup against Mountain Pointe.

Thanks for the info on Perry. Im liking Pinnacle in that game this coming week. 

Worried about Chandler now this year. Not enough offensive weapons.

8 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

Do you expect any other key players for Chandler to miss this game? 

The two big transfers for Chandler are Matthew Pola-Mao (four-star d-tackle previously at Mountain Pointe) and David Eppinger (DB from Perry); I expect those guys to sit and really am not aware if they suited up with Chandler's 1s or not at last week's scrimmage (I know Centennial had their in-state transfers scrimmage with the 2s).  I'm not aware of any injuries for Chandler at this point.

35 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Gun to your head, who wins these games:

Chandler/Cen10

Perry/Pinnacle

No pressure. Thx. 

I'll go with the homer pick with Chandler, and I would have had Pinnacle beating Perry last year, let alone a year later without their best offensive player out for the year and their best defensive player at Chandler.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Haven't been there in years.  CC has a better stadium.  Why not CSUF, RCC or Chaffey

Who knows?  I checked up on it and they supposedly have a nice new stadium.  The local activities ban due to the fire has been lifted. Santiago will be at home for their opener, Cen10 should be too.