NJ Scrimmage

HDOG

Just now, SJR 04 said:

I didnt get to see him get in position to show his speed. Imo he was the 9nly back that couldn't get a hole. Not his fault, but I felt bad for him because I could see he was putting a lot of pressure on himself to get a nice run or two like the other backs.

I could have swore I saw him get to the outside with his speed. I thought he had a pretty long run. 

1 minute ago, SJR 04 said:

That was number 7 Andre Epps. He was tackled by the safety on the sideline closes to where you were sitting. One man left to beat right?

Yes. Ok so that's the kid I was talking about. 7 not 8. Sorry got the wrong number. Yea he was tackled right on the sideline  by the 20. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes. Ok so that's the kid I was talking about. 7 not 8. Sorry got the wrong number. Yea he was tackled right on the sideline  by the 20. 

That's their 4.3 guy. They used him on some passes out the bf and jet sweeps today. They will be very diverse at the RB spot this years. Big and fast backs, little shifty quick backs. Oline will iron out the kinks. Joe's is very deep on the Dline. Deep and talented so I was not surprised to see them present the oline problems.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

That's their 4.3 guy. They used him on some passes out the bf and jet sweeps today. They will be very diverse at the RB spot this years. Big and fast backs, little shifty quick backs. Oline will iron out the kinks. Joe's is very deep on the Dline. Deep and talented so I was not surprised to see them present the oline problems.

So your saying exactly what I saw today as well. Need to help out the QB as well. 

2 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

Grieco showed some nice speed to get epps....Rutgers getting a good one.

Yes, I was the only one surprised by that. Everyone sitting in my area said connor has decent speed. They would've been shocked if he didnt make that play on an angle. He is gonna be a good one. Size and speed.

Green and Gold will always be an advantage to the defense.  Remember, the DBs are also usually receivers and they know the calls and the plays.  The defense (LBs and line) also know the plays when they play both ways, so there is really a disadvantage to the offense (especially on a pass play).  I would be worried if the defense didn't stop them.  Pick 6 is bound to happen when the DB jumps the route knowing the play.

Regarding #8, he's a stud that will have an awesome year with Powell (#21) and Epps (#7) helping.  SJR running game will roll, big-time this year.  Team is loaded for bear.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, BigNorthU2 said:

Green and Gold will always be an advantage to the defense.  Remember, the DBs are also usually receivers and they know the calls and the plays.  The defense (LBs and line) also know the plays when they play both ways, so there is really a disadvantage to the offense (especially on a pass play).  I would be worried if the defense didn't stop them.  Pick 6 is bound to happen when the DB jumps the route knowing the play.

Regarding #8, he's a stud that will have an awesome year with Powell (#21) and Epps (#7) helping.  SJR running game will roll, big-time this year.  Team is loaded for bear.

What will they do with this guy #15 Audric Estime 6'1, 206lbs?

Speaking of SJC. I was at a Fordham camp with my Son and this BIG kid (6'4"+ 300lbs+) from SJC was working with the line coaches. Before that they measure and have them bench press 225lbs as many times as they can. I asked my Son how he did, he did 14. I asked him what the next guy did, 8...and the SJC kid...1 (ONE) 😲.....I was shocked.

Fast forward a few weeks later, we were at a Yale camp(200+ kids from all over the USA) and they had the benches on the field. Some big boys who must not lift during the off season (and maybe during the season), kids were struggling with 3 reps. Again my kid did 14....camp record 15.

Moral of the story...the BNU kids actually work out year round....and it shows....

• Like 2