NJ Scrimmage

HDOG

8 minutes ago, Canes1975 said:

Zip what grade is your kid in? Which camp had the better comp Fordham or Yale?

He's a senior. We went to a number of camps (Yale, Columbia, Brown, Princeton, Fordham...the smaller TOP D3 academic schools all go to those camps...not bad fall backs (ie Williams college, Tufts, Bowdian, etc...)

Yale by far over Fordham. Yale's camp was the last one of the year and that might have had something to do with it. The day we went to the Fordham camp was one of those 95 degree days that we experienced when it wasn't raining this summer ;)

To be fair, Fordham is a "regional school" and Yale attracts people from across the nation (and world). I felt bad for the California kid whose flight was delayed and he showed up with an hour left and even worse when he tried to take my kid's rep...LOL.....Its a $250K+ interview, so it more competitive than a football game(at least to him)

37 minutes ago, elKakador said:

spp and sjh first-string played almost  even...

(sjh is a team that spp should have dominated!)

(spp is going to have a hard time with teams that can pass...)

they both dominated the publics...

No pass rush for spp or poor dB play ? 

40 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

No pass rush for spp or poor dB play ? 

A little of both, but the spp dbacks didn't cover well enough.

both sjh and montclair passed the ball on spp, and sjh is not a program built on the pass....

spp also had to pass the ball to score on sjh.  I expected them to push sjh all over the field.  the first-string certainly did not do this - on offense or on defense...

when the second teams were put in, spp dominated sjh.  but this is to be expected -- they're a school at least 4X the size...

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, elKakador said:

A little of both, but the spp dbacks didn't cover well enough.

both sjh and montclair passed the ball on spp, and sjh is not a program built on the pass....

spp also had to pass the ball to score on sjh.  I expected them to push sjh all over the field.  the first-string certainly did not do this - on offense or on defense...

when the second teams were put in, spp dominated sjh.  but this is to be expected -- they're a school at least 4X the size...

SJH has some big boys on their lines from what I’ve read, and most of them are D-1 recruits or will be soon.  Honestly I’m not surprised their starting lines were able to hold their own.