Mater dei transfers..... ELIGIBLE!!!!????

Antt

33 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

The whole transfer thing is such a joke. A travesty to real high school football. 

Yea I'm a gorman guy but I missed neighborhood rivals those was the good ol days where anyone could beat anyone now it's national rivals crazy 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Antt said:

Yea I'm a gorman guy but I missed neighborhood rivals those was the good ol days where anyone could beat anyone now it's national rivals crazy 

That's cool. I just think HSFB should be just as you said you missed.

The whole helicopter parent, transfer thing, that dominates SoCal is just sad and reflective of them as a whole. 

12 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

That's cool. I just think HSFB should be just as you said you missed.

The whole helicopter parent, transfer thing, that dominates SoCal is just sad and reflective of them as a whole. 

Yea that messed up the whole thing and don't get me wrong i want the best for my kid too but don't like what it turned into idk about out there but here in vegas there's 5 schools getting all the best players 

47 minutes ago, Antt said:

Yea that messed up the whole thing and don't get me wrong i want the best for my kid too but don't like what it turned into idk about out there but here in vegas there's 5 schools getting all the best players 

I get whats best for your kid. But the whole thing has turned into the me, me, me, helicopter parents thing.

Go to an AAU basketball tournament in SoCal. You will see hundreds of helicopter parents with no jobs, trolling around. It is so sad. 

No question the game has changed. The passion or emotional involvement has given way to the $$$ at the highest performance levels. I personally believe this is not good for the game but the train is rolling and from this point on will not be stopped.

I remember going to MD games when they played Los Al, Polly and DLS when after the game was over you were emotionally satisfied... especially the first one with DLS which will go down as an all time classic... those days are now gone.

I will go to the MD - IMG game for its entertainment value but do I really care who wins?... Nope.

• Like 1

Just now, BraceFace69 said:

It’s boring now. It’s all star team A/B vs NorCal every year now. Not even worth watching when you know the outcome. 

NorCal could do the SAME EXACT thing if they allowed transfers, and kids from Folsom, DLS, Pitt, St Marys, Del Oro, etc..... could all stack up onto 2 teams. It would be easy, and WE WOULD PROBABLY SPANK their little cute transfer teams.

#HeliCopterSoCalParents

1 hour ago, Antt said:

There's a few we didn't help, img, st Thomas Aquinas, and few others back east and Hawaii kahuku and st Louis and list could go on 

Imho the one who deserves largest slice of blame is IMG

Pre IMG, there were geographies or schools or individuals that would always push the envelope, but with anything associated with “recruiting” or “transfers” being considered dirty.  Canes/ Carlos/ los etc used to deny and defend STA having 10 D1 transfers in their golden run (‘08-‘10), no one in BNU owned up to it and now is openly acknowledged (just with parity)

IMG, and their subsequent tacit acceptance by the hsfb community (they got a full schedule of well known teams from around country) blew the doors off the barn

BG, notably, got more brazen in having their roster loaded with talented OOS transfers and 3-pearls as USAT MNC during which they beat up socal’s best regularly 

socal, who was also regularly getting their teeth kicked in by a parochial school from the hinterlands that can’t pass, prompted CIF bylaw adjustments that basically green lighted full transfers and several schools, most notably SJB (who spearheaded the socal superteams) and MD are so successful as to basically field Risters that can compete with IMGs in a local more stable environment that allows program development 

it was likely coming sooner or later but IMG may have rushed it a decade

I think genie is out of bottle but there is some push back directionally now — Neither TX not CA can schedule IMG now. Without a silly-roster IMG as cover, teams like BG, MD, SJB, STA May be less bold and/ or have their wings clipped in at least the extent of pure hsfb free agency 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Antt said:

I was looking at the cif list a few guys not approved yet would suck to give up your senior of high school for mater dei 

Bryce Young just got cleared the last few days 

Don’t worry they will call clear...CIF doesn’t want to get sued again

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

No question the game has changed. The passion or emotional involvement has given way to the $$$ at the highest performance levels. I personally believe this is not good for the game but the train is rolling and from this point on will not be stopped.

I remember going to MD games when they played Los Al, Polly and DLS when after the game was over you were emotionally satisfied... especially the first one with DLS which will go down as an all time classic... those days are now gone.

I will go to the MD - IMG game for its entertainment value but do I really care who wins?... Nope.

Yea your right the train is long gone but those was the day's every week 50/50 games 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Pops said:

Imho the one who deserves largest slice of blame is IMG

Pre IMG, there were geographies or schools or individuals that would always push the envelope, but with anything associated with “recruiting” or “transfers” being considered dirty.  Canes/ Carlos/ los etc used to deny and defend STA having 10 D1 transfers in their golden run (‘08-‘10), no one in BNU owned up to it and now is openly acknowledged (just with parity)

IMG, and their subsequent tacit acceptance by the hsfb community (they got a full schedule of well known teams from around country) blew the doors off the barn

BG, notably, got more brazen in having their roster loaded with talented OOS transfers and 3-pearls as USAT MNC during which they beat up socal’s best regularly 

socal, who was also regularly getting their teeth kicked in by a parochial school from the hinterlands that can’t pass, prompted CIF bylaw adjustments that basically green lighted full transfers and several schools, most notably SJB (who spearheaded the socal superteams) and MD are so successful as to basically field Risters that can compete with IMGs in a local more stable environment that allows program development 

it was likely coming sooner or later but IMG may have rushed it a decade

I think genie is out of bottle but there is some push back directionally now — Neither TX not CA can schedule IMG now. Without a silly-roster IMG as cover, teams like BG, MD, SJB, STA May be less bold and/ or have their wings clipped in at least the extent of pure hsfb free agency 

You guys deserve some credit too i think you guys had a little to do with this too 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Don’t really need the first team guys until Week 5 🤣🤣🤣

I agree sit the oline that's the probably best part of the team and watching film from last year thank you God #3, JT, FUNA, and #30 not walking out of that tunnel brown 

29 minutes ago, Antt said:

I agree sit the oline that's the probably best part of the team and watching film from last year thank you God #3, JT, FUNA, and #30 not walking out of that tunnel brown 

#42 is walking out the tunnel...kid is a beats! Would have been MD’s best d-lineman last year if he didn’t blow out is acl