Blue star media poll

Ararar

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

Yawn.............................................

Shouldn't even count with the transfer train in place. They should have their own league out and away of regular HSFB.

Total joke. 

18 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I'll have to see that. 

I think you eventually will; now that more states are starting to adopt HS regs similar to what IL is doing and their more notable programs start to go OOS. Up to this point in the last decade only Loyola has done that of which their only non-dominant performances were a 1 point loss to Dallas Jesuit with a soph laden team and a close win over Amat where most of their starters did not play. 

Their other issue is that it is very tough to get through the season without a loss or two as there are several other big boy schools that are as good as Loyola and they often play each other.

1 minute ago, Gospeeder said:

I think you eventually will; now that more states are starting to adopt HS regs similar to what IL is doing and their more notable programs start to go OOS. Up to this point in the last decade only Loyola has done that of which their only non-dominant performances were a 1 point loss to Dallas Jesuit with a soph laden team and a close win over Amat where most of their starters did not play. 

Their other issue is that it is very tough to get through the season without a loss or two as there are several other big boy schools that are as good as Loyola and they often play each other.

Sounds good. From what you saying well have to keep an eye on the Illinois squads this upcoming season. 

• Thanks 1

Well......I will say that it is a stretch for Phillips or any IL team to be ranked top 25 to start the season. Right now I would have Phillips in the 75-90 range......Lincoln-Way East and Loyola hovering 75-100. As mentioned in previous posts Illinois doesn`t allow any pre-season scrimmages against other teams so the first few games are in essence the scrimmages. From mid-season on is when I would take a more serious look at the top Illinois squads. By season`s end the top 8A teams are top 25-40 worthy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Yawn.............................................

Shouldn't even count with the transfer train in place. They should have their own league out and away of regular HSFB.

Total joke. 

I thought you said Folsom was top 20 nationally? What a joke. Folsom is low tier!

Omaha Vol,

Kimberly has dominated the WI landscape for the past 6-8 years. I saw them play 3 years ago...and honestly wasn`t very impressed.They are well-coached but they really lack speed and size overall. Every year they have 3-5 good players ..but the rest are just good role-players.

They could start playing the top teams from Iowa and Minn first...you suggested Eden Prairie. I just get the feeling that they may never venture OOS. For Blue Star to rank them 4th in the Midwest ahead of any other top Illinois, Ohio and Ind. teams is laughable. The top team in Michigan...Muskegon would pound them.