Two ‘incredible high school teams’ to collide when Folsom meets De La Salle in opener

FolsomPrisonBlues

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/joe-davidson/article216605530.html

"It kicks off Friday.

A high school football season of high hopes includes top-ranked Folsom heading to Contra Costa County for a titanic opener, Placer loading up for another run at a CIF State championship and scores of others trying to get off on the right foot.

Folsom went 16-0 last year and returns 15 starters from its CIF State Division I-AA title team. It starts at De La Salle, which has been in a state championship every season it’s been held since 2006. De La Salle is preseason ranked third in the state by Cal-Hi Sports and Folsom is fourth. In the MaxPreps, NorCalPreps and Sportstars NorCal rankings, De La Salle and Folsom are No. 1 and No. 2.

De La Salle is 30-0 against Sac-Joaquin Section competition since 1982, including regular-season wins this decade against Del Oro (three times), Granite Bay (once) and Jesuit (once). The Spartans ended Folsom’s season at 14-1 in both the 2012 and 2013 CIF Northern California Open Division final.

Several Folsom coaches attended De La Salle’s home scrimmage on Friday night, which included Bee No. 2 Jesuit. Bulldogs assistant coach Bobby Fresques came away impressed, saying of De La Salle, “They look like an incredible high school team. We look like an incredible high school team. It’ll be fun.”

De La Salle preseason All-American linebacker Henry To’oto’o was sidelined Friday with a walking boot for a precaution. Said Spartans coach Justin Alumbaugh, “Henry will be ready to go Friday. He’ll be 100 percent.”

De La Salle may have its most athletic and swift defense in a decade, and the Spartans will be challenged by Folsom’s fleet of receivers, including Clemson-bound Joe Ngata and fellow national recruit Elijah Badger. Bulldogs quarterback Kaiden Bennett is a pass-run threat unlike his predecessor, Jake Browning, who set national passing records in high school and is a dark-horse Heisman Trophy candidate at Washington.

Browning impressed De La Salle coaches when he faced the Spartans in 2012 and 2013 as a sophomore and junior. Said De La Salle defensive coordinator Terry Eidson, “At every level — NFL college or high school — you face a quarterback who can throw and run equally well, it’s very difficult to prepare. (Bennett) is a handful.

“The last time we faced (Folsom), they had Jake Browning. Obviously, he was pretty special. So is Bennett, but in a different way.”

On Ngata, Eidson said, “If you’re going to Clemson, you’re probably pretty good. They recruit nothing but special athletes.”

Said Alumbaugh of Folsom, “They’re really good. They have a lot of team speed, great receivers, a great quarterback and the line and defense is super solid. They’re every bit as good as they’re cracked up to be. They play hard, are talented and well coached. It’s a huge challenge, and we love to challenge the kids.”

The game will not be televised but it will be streamed live on www.folsom.tv."

33 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

This has turned into the Folsom/Colquitt forum with a little national discussion sprinkled in. 

If Folsom played Colquitt I think the server would explode 😂

Well, to be fair, those are the two teams deserving of the most attention right now. 

Two real hsfb teams playing with mostly all local talent. Operating on fewer transfers than most other schools discussed here.

In other news... beep beep bedeep beeep...

St. Francis Academy was awarded the MIAA title before any meaningful game was ever played. 

Beeeep beeep bedeeep beeeep

It's been said that the competition had become totally unfair due to transfer activity where one school accumulated so much talent that the remaining league schools felt it unsafe to play them.

Therefore the league governing body folded up shop and said that the team that accumulated the most talent is clearly the MIAA champeen due to the talent. Thereby licensing the practice of roster stacking as the clear way to be awarded the trophy without competition at all.

Beeep beeep bedeeep...

End transmission.

xD

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, to be fair, those are the two teams deserving of the most attention right now. 

Two real hsfb teams playing with mostly all local talent. Operating on fewer transfers than most other schools discussed here.

In other news... beep beep bedeep beeep...

St. Francis Academy was awarded the MIAA title before any meaningful game was ever played. 

Beeeep beeep bedeeep beeeep

It's been said that the competition had become totally unfair due to transfer activity where one school accumulated so much talent that the remaining league schools felt it unsafe to play them.

Therefore the league governing body folded up shop and said that the team that accumulated the most talent is clearly the MIAA champeen due to the talent. Thereby licensing the practice of roster stacking as the clear way to be awarded the trophy without competition at all.

Beeep beeep bedeeep...

End transmission.

xD

I knew we could draw ole Hawg into this with a Colquit shout out!

BTW- good mention of the doing it with local talent, the right way. It is sad that there are posters out there promoting the wrong shit. The exact wrong shit that is wrong with HSFB and society.....and they love it! I hate on Colquitt, but I really respect that they are doing it like we are- the old fashioned way!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I knew we could draw ole Hawg into this with a Colquit shout out!

BTW- good mention of the doing it with local talent, the right way. It is sad that there are posters out there promoting the wrong shit. The exact wrong shit that is wrong with HSFB and society.....and they love it! I hate on Colquitt, but I really respect that they are doing it like we are- the old fashioned way!

Yeah. Not trying to screw up the thread. I blame NoleBull. 

He dragged out the bait. 

✌️

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

In the MaxPreps, NorCalPreps and Sportstars NorCal rankings, De La Salle and Folsom are No. 1 and No. 2.

Not that preseason rankings mean a hill of beans, but doesn't this statement completely contradict everything you were spewing since January?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rippers said:

Not that preseason rankings mean a hill of beans, but doesn't this statement completely contradict everything you were spewing since January?

My opinion has been stated, and backed up by several polls and rankings.

But yes, it doesn't really matter.

All that matters is our big win on Friday night. Enjoy.