Lake Travis's Garrett Wilson 1st day at practice

State Champ

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It’s gonna be real tough guarding LT WRs this year, too many weapons to focus on one guy

We have been very lucky on our WR's and QB's over the years. They hardly drop any passes, and we have had some QB's that have had a rocket arm. We got some good one's again this year and I see QB Card switching to WR when needed in the playoffs or SC game to put some pressure on the DB's and open the run game since the backup QB's will have plenty of playing time.  And with a new OC .

25 minutes ago, Wilddawgz said:

I am not sure that's correct, but that one guy is spectacular. Only 4 projected D1 prospects on the team.  

I don't think you know a lot about Lake Travis. LT don't need many D1 guys to win games. There are plenty of teams that were faster and bigger and have had more D1 playing them only to lose....it is a team, big difference.

9 minutes ago, State Champ said:

I don't think you know a lot about Lake Travis. LT don't need many D1 guys to win games. There are plenty of teams that were faster and bigger and have had more D1 playing them only to lose....it is a team, big difference.

Question.

Why doesn't LT go ahead and leave Cord at WR and let the other QB get seasoned against some comp?

I mean...It worked for the defense last year (Big improvement from early in the season).

10 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Question.

Why doesn't LT go ahead and leave Cord at WR and let the other QB get seasoned against some comp?

I mean...It worked for the defense last year (Big improvement from early in the season).

The other QBs will get their chances in district play in the 2nd half's. Maybe Wilson also. If you watched the highlights of the Katy game in the cold pouring rain the 1st play after Baldwin got hurt they put in the 3rd stringer who threw to Wilson then he threw to Card, they are prepared.  The backup WRs also need to jell even though most of have been together since they were little kids running the LT  offense. Add 7 on 7. The LT coaches work with the little league coaches so they have a feel by the time they get to the 7th grade.   I would not want Card to get hurt, but he still needs to get reps for the playoffs. He is a special kid and a JR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, State Champ said:

Sounds a lot like De La Salle.  A true team first mentality goes a long way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, State Champ said:

Pretty familiar with them.  Like in the SC game, LT met a team with more talent and lost.  

10 minutes ago, Wilddawgz said:

Pretty familiar with them.  Like in the SC game, LT met a team with more talent and lost.  

I will also add The Woodlands with 4200 plus students kicked their ass in 2016. LT would have knock Allen's 6200 plus students into the JV league that year and you know it and the rest of the country would agree....and they will find out in Dec if Allen makes it.

1 hour ago, State Champ said:

I will also add The Woodlands with 4200 plus students kicked their ass in 2016. LT would have knock Allen's 6200 plus students into the JV league that year and you know it and the rest of the country would agree....and they will find out in Dec if Allen makes it.

So a one score game with a failed onside kick is an ass kicking? Wow...ok

19 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Allen struggled with lake travis last year. There was not much separation between them. 

No doubt LT is good.  But I saw this game a bit differently.  Allen played a extremely weak schedule last year and was never tested all year.  District was a joke. 

The SC game got out hand early and Allen sat on their helmets for 2 quarters.  Without that kickoff return, that game was headed to blowout status.  Got to give LT credit they climbed back into the game   Watch the 4th quarter and Allen decimated LT lines on both sides of the ball.  Last drive to kill clock was around 8 mins long.   

11 minutes ago, Wilddawgz said:

No doubt LT is good.  But I saw this game a bit differently.  Allen played a extremely weak schedule last year and was never tested all year.  District was a joke. 

The SC game got out hand early and Allen sat on their helmets for 2 quarters.  Without that kickoff return, that game was headed to blowout status.  Got to give LT credit they climbed back into the game   Watch the 4th quarter and Allen decimated LT lines on both sides of the ball.  Last drive to kill clock was around 8 mins long.   

yep, Baldwin going down in the 1st play and fumbling helped Allen build that lead.  Then Card threw the pick six.  

Things may not be so gratuitous  for Allen this year, and their schedule won’t be much tougher this year than it was last year.