Teams that could rebound in 2018

RedZone

4A power Monroe Neville had one of their worst seasons this decade going 8-4 including getting thumped by Lakeshore (NOLA) in the 4A playoffs 55-24.....one of their worst losses ever.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/neville-tigers-(monroe,la)/football-fall-17/schedule.htm

I look for Monroe Neville to rebound in 2018. The schedule is the same as last year which includes a rematch with 6A power Warren Central, MS and West Monroe.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/neville-tigers-(monroe,la)/football-fall-17/schedule.htm

Monroe Neville currently has 12 state championships winning 4 since 2009 going back-to-back in 2014 and 2015.

12 Neville  1955, 1959, 1961, 1962, 1972, 1983, 1984, 1995, 2009, 2011, 2014, 2015

p1448188213-4.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I think Marietta could rebound this year.

Going 0-13 is tough.....

Rufus>>

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......

So funny.

Not, Dang, you're as bad as me, recycling old shit.

BGW

Bobby Brister's son transferred to Monroe Neville from Mandeville (South La)

Bobby Brister went to Monroe Neville....another Louisiana QB that did OK in the NFL. Good enough to hang around 15 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubby_Brister

His son Andrew can sling it and will be a junior this year.......needs to bulk up a little, but the arm is there.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Bobby Brister's son transferred to Monroe Neville from Mandeville (South La)

Bobby Brister went to Monroe Neville....another Louisiana QB that did OK in the NFL. Good enough to hang around 15 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubby_Brister

His son Andrew can sling it and will be a junior this year.......needs to bulk up a little, but the arm is there.

Must be better than Dan Marino. He's a 2 time Super Bowl Champion quarterback 

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

I think they have one in football.  But I'm not sure about the football one.

Rufus>>

Looks like they won a state championship in 1967....

"The Marietta High School football team won the North Georgia championship in 1966-7 and the state championship in 1967-8"

36 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Looks like they won a state championship in 1967....

"The Marietta High School football team won the North Georgia championship in 1966-7 and the state championship in 1967-8"

You are being played and don't know it.  Marietta had to forfeit 8 games last year.  That's why they are 0-13.

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If they go 0-2 vs GC and SJC, this board will be really fun. For some. 

They may well do that. I have little faith in them. They probably will embarrass the state. Supposedly loaded with talent and what not but never been the team to get there since the 60s. 

Not that they can't get there. Just they haven't before. Seems like another set up by PGL to me.

QuarterlyUnitedHorseshoebat-max-1mb.gif.bcb0fc966cbac896b126c998a32ca627.gif

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If they go 0-2 vs GC and SJC, this board will be really fun. For some. 

If they lose to Rome & Grayson it wont really matter... They clearly wont be as good as people thought.

Considering they lost 2 of their best players and have quite a bit of drama surrounding the team. Just beating a team rated high in the preseason dont mean much if they dont pan out in the regular season.

Romes 1st up in 2 days... We'll find out about Marietta.

DeMatha had its worst season in many years going 6-5 with losses to Gorman, Good Counsel, Gonzaga and SJC (twice). They appeared to have reloaded and if the running back stays healthy they will be much improved. The QB position is a concern but they are deep everywhere else. Opener at STA will be interesting.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

DeMatha had its worst season in many years going 6-5 with losses to Gorman, Good Counsel, Gonzaga and SJC (twice). They appeared to have reloaded and if the running back stays healthy they will be much improved. The QB position is a concern but they are deep everywhere else. Opener at STA will be interesting.

Yeah, they did slip up last year...