NJ Football Tony Karcich Retirement Q&A

LiberalDonaldTrump

yes....thank you......good story about Puzio ....and the poor class of 90'.....just snakebit to lose that game......side note...Robert Martin from SJR is no longer on Penn state football...kid could not hack it....not ripping on him too much but was over rated and should not had gone to the big ten,...heard he was allergic to the weight room.....

knew that about Good Counsel but Dematha...was just an ass kicking which is interesting if you re-watch game...Dematha had a good series...then stalled at SJR 45 I think....then SJR just out played and really this is more important ...out coached Dematha.....side note...starting QB from Dematha is at Princeton with SJR Fossati ( captain ) and BC Holuba

23 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

knew that about Good Counsel but Dematha...was just an ass kicking which is interesting if you re-watch game...Dematha had a good series...then stalled at SJR 45 I think....then SJR just out played and really this is more important ...out coached Dematha.....side note...starting QB from Dematha is at Princeton with SJR Fossati ( captain ) and BC Holuba

Good counsel backing out is weak imo .... they won the first game (although Joe’s prob should of won I think the va tech kid got loose for long td that was the difference) and ended 14-10 I believe. Give sjr a chance to even the series .... 

dematha always has lot of talent they shouldn’t back out of anything. 

Was surprised to hear TK say that. 

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

Interesting tidbit about good counsel and Dematha around min 27. 

Both voided the contracts the following year.

any truth to this you hear about @NicholasMalibu

I have no clue about the Good Counsel deal, but I know the SJR vs DM game was a massive learning experience for the DM coaching staff. I wouldn’t be surprised if they did actually back out of the game the next season. The coaching staff was in their 20’s and overconfident. The actual team was very overrated. The OL was massive, but slow and weak. SJR took total advantage of that and took DM’s coaches to the woodshed. DM will never have an OL like that again because of that game. A very humbling experience that actually helped the program in the long run...

With that being said, SJR is too good of a program to keep harping on the DM win. It was a great win and all, but it was years ago. DeMatha fans aren’t bringing up the running clock they put on Miami Central every chance they get. It’s just a very awkward look for the NJ fans, IMO.

I do want DeMatha to schedule a top BNU squad every season starting next year. It’s mind numbing why the WCAC vs BNU Classic isn’t a thing yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

I think the va tech kid was fuller.

Yea it was Fuller. He had a breakaway TD to win that game. He’s going to be a star with the KC Chiefs for the next few years. It was a very important win for the MD/DC area. We’ve come a long way since then, but that GC vs SJR game was around the time that our top programs started modeling after the BNU. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SJR89 said:

i think the overall point here that has been said many times is that the BNU will take the game no matter how good the team....the 2nd year vs SJC they were loaded...we played.....yes we are 1-3 against the WCAC....but we keep playing....

Sjr Let the home game against sjc slip away. 

16 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SJR was never the same after the lightning delay. 

yes, SJR had all the momentum going into that because SJC was not in the same conditioning.  Kasim Hill left the game 3 times with cramping and after the lightning delay, came back on the field and got us with a halfback pass that we bit on.  Should have had that game.