If both Narbonne & Centennial CA lose OOS ...

ECHS05

12 hours ago, On2whls said:

First off, Narbonne may be over rated similar to Chaminade was last year.  Cen10 beat them 50-6 so there was a pretty good gap.  Yes they gave up 56 to the best team in Hawaii but I think they scored 52.  Narbonne likely would not have gotten out of D1SS first round so that automatically puts them at no better than 17 in the south last year.  I doubt they have improved that much. 

As for Cen10, this year, they may be over rated at 5.  You can’t underestimate the fact that they had an excellent QB with very few weapons.  A lot of people are assuming QB is a simple plug and play position and they won’t miss a beat.  Chandler is a top team in AZ and based on what they did to Miami NW, they could hurt a lot of teams.  

Plus, for a guy that’s so analytical, I can’t believe you keep trotting out the size of a state automatically means more good teams argument.  I could say that for a country the size of China, with their population, they sure suck at HS football and it would be accurate, but overlooks demographics etc.  Just because HS football is clearly one of the biggest things in GA, doesn’t mean all states, and subsequently the inhabitants, are into it as much.   As I’ve stated before, you could ask everyone on my street about Centennial football, and not find anyone that has a clue.

The size of a state gives more POTENTIAL for good teams. Aka the # of athletically available people/persons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It wasn't that long ago that Chandler had a tough time trying to catch Hamilton. They have since become AZs version of MD. They probably should be favored over CC.

Ca. is not trending downward or upward. Its just a good football state like several others. Some years its will be dominant, some years less dominant.

They almost always travel for their higher profile games and with a few exceptions have shown well.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

The truth hurts doesnt it... Id say so judging by your reaction.

I just wish you were a little smarter so you can be a better troll 

your stuff is neither funny nor sharp — it’s dull, see-it-coming-from-a-mike-away and sophomoric 

makes me miss Canes — I like asses as long as they bring something to the table 

you bring us administrative support 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

The size of a state gives more POTENTIAL for good teams. Aka the # of athletically available people/persons.

I look at it this way.  How much talent is distributed per team.   I think your avg Ga big school beats your avg Cali big school.  However with the super teams Its a different story.   Both states have talent rich areas that can have super teams match up with anyone.  It so happens that Cali right now has two teams pulling in more than any from Ga.  Grayson being the closest in that category.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I look at it this way.  How much talent is distributed per team.   I think your avg Ga big school beats your avg Cali big school.  However with the super teams Its a different story.   Both states have talent rich areas that can have super teams match up with anyone.  It so happens that Cali right now has two teams pulling in more than any from Ga.  Grayson being the closest in that category.

Until the GHSA changes a few rules... Itll be much tougher in GA to compile "Super teams". Grayson, Buford, Marietta (Jr. Class) ... Are close but its difficult to get much bigger without being extremely lucky.

• Like 1

What will it confirm?.... If Narbonne and  Cen10 lose it will confirm that all the preseason national rankings which have Chandler higher than Cen10 and St Louis higher than Narbonne are correct. It will also confirm that the 5dimes line which has Chandler winning is correct. Lastly it confirms that Cali powers (except Folsom) do not shy away from OOS national powers that they can easily lose to.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

They wouldn’t have gotten out of the first round of the CIF SS D1 playoffs last years...they were are the Servite level but since the play in the LA Section they won a “State Title”.

I love it when other state posters try and tell us who's who and what's what in Cali.  This goes right up there with their VM is a top team threads from last year.  It cost ECHS 500 bones that I never got.  LOL!!!  Figures it would be the 2 biggest haters at that. LOL.  The jealousy is real. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Will it finally confirm California has little depth behind those top 2 teams? 

Narbonne & Centennial are top 6 teams in the entire state. Being top 6 in a state the size of CA, those teams should easily pummel Chandler & St. Louis. 

If they lose... Can we put it to rest that these CA teams not named Mater Dei & St. John Bosco are nub-sausages? Yes? Thanks... 

I say Top 6, because Corona Centennial is #5 and Narbonne #6 in the 5-poll compilation made from USAToday, MaxPreps, FloFootball, HSFA, & PrepForce.

Cal Preps top 25

1    St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA)   

2    Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA)   

3    IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)   

4    St. John's (Washington, DC)   

5    St. Louis (Honolulu, HI)   

6    Lutheran (Orange, CA)   

7    St. Frances Academy (Baltimore, MD)  

8    Folsom (CA)  

9    Aquinas [St. Thomas] (Fort Lauderdale, FL)   

10    Marietta (GA)  

11    Oaks Christian (Westlake Village, CA)  

12    Allen (TX)  

13    Mission Viejo (CA) 

14    Grayson (Loganville, GA) 

15    Narbonne [Nathaniel] (Harbor City, CA) 
16    Chandler (AZ)  

17    Archbishop Hoban (Akron, OH) 

18    North Little Rock (AR) 

19    University Lab (Baton Rouge, LA) 

20    Bishop Dunne (Dallas, TX)  

21    Wekiva (Apopka, FL) 

22    De La Salle (Concord, CA)  

23    Centennial (Corona, CA)  

24    Rome (GA)  

25    Pittsburg (CA) 

Count how many CA teams they ranked in the top 25 and tell me California doesn't think they are the best in the USA.

36 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Funny thing about Project a Match-up on Calpreps.

Put in #3 IMG vs #2 Mater Dai and look at the results.

Question is why would CP rank MD over IMG If CP projects IMG to beat MD?

To be fair CalPreps says their match projects aren’t up and runing until October...but yes it’s odd.

Just now, Eddyr2 said:

To be fair CalPreps says their match projects aren’t up and runing until October...but yes it’s odd.

The PAM is the same thing, its just there so you can project hypothetical games. They say they dont put their name behind any projections til October because 95% of the good OOS games are done by then.

36 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Then GA will say Cali got lucky that HI and AZ are down this year...

34 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

So we’re damned if we do and damned if we don’t?!?! Nice

You have to take their logic with a grain of salt.  Remember, many of those folks applauded 2016GA #1 Grayson for playing IMG to a 26-7 score at home saying they played them tough.

These same folks then justify a 26-7 win by GA#2 Colquitt over 4-7 Vista Murrieta CA #59 playing 3000mi from home as an absolute destruction, despite the fact that the difference in ranking between Grayson and IMG was much closer than the difference in ranking between Colquitt and VM.

Same logic says Lowndes running around the GA countryside destroying teams with “good defenses” is because they have an elite offense.  This elite offense made a pretty early playoff exit.  Meanwhile any CA team that puts up lofty numbers is because they are playing girls.

Same logic says Jason Negro is a bad coach because he should have known to pull the plug on Real against STA, but Rush is a genius despite Countingate.

Let’s not forget lambasting CA playoff system for allowing 5-5 OLU in playoffs, while GA7A had 7/32 playoff teams with 0.500 or less record (4 of which were sub 0.500)

I could go on but I think you get the picture.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, On2whls said:

You have to take their logic with a grain of salt.  Remember, many of those folks applauded 2016GA #1 Grayson for playing IMG to a 26-7 score at home saying they played them tough.

These same folks then justify a 26-7 win by GA#2 Colquitt over 4-7 Vista Murrieta CA #59 playing 3000mi from home as an absolute destruction, despite the fact that the difference in ranking between Grayson and IMG was much closer than the difference in ranking between Colquitt and VM.

Same logic says Lowndes running around the GA countryside destroying teams with “good defenses” is because they have an elite offense.  This elite offense made a pretty early playoff exit.  Meanwhile any CA team that puts up lofty numbers is because they are playing girls.

Same logic says Jason Negro is a bad coach because he should have known to pull the plug on Real against STA, but Rush is a genius despite Countingate.

Let’s not forget lambasting CA playoff system for allowing 5-5 OLU in playoffs, while GA7A had 7/32 playoff teams with 0.500 or less record (4 of which were sub 0.500)

I could go on but I think you get the picture.

@The Comish

@sub-committee chairman awards

Please accept this submission for post of the year under the category of Overwhleming Irrefutability

• Haha 4