PrepGridiron

Corky Kell Tilt  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Marrietta vs. Rome

• Marrietta
    • Rome
    • Folsom by 17!

A few things....

1.  If Marietta has to play with eligible players...then Rome should win.  Nobody is 100% sure that the Blue Devils will do that.

2.  Real Georgia high school football doesn't start until Saturday in the Benz around 2:30 pm.

3.  Post-game is at Ruth Chris at the Embassy Suites.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WCACguy said:

Marietta must have expected to be real good for them to play oos teams like Good Counsel and SJC...even without two starters I'm guessing they beat Rome 28-24.

2 of their best players... and a lot of drama to boot. Also a 4* WR they thought they were getting isnt coming now either.

2 hours ago, WCACguy said:

Marietta must have expected to be real good for them to play oos teams like Good Counsel and SJC...even without two starters I'm guessing they beat Rome 28-24.

Considering their recent trends, even without losing the two players due to eligibility issues, I wouldn't take them in a bet with my money on the line. 

I'd bet on them with your money on the line though. xD

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Im sure some people just PMed THS their picks... But in the Pick Em, Marietta has 15 picks, and Rome 14 Picks... Thats about as even as it gets.

(Without CalPreps, itd be tied... CP went with Marietta)

This game should be a treat tomorrow night.

Rome better win to live up to all the Hype you've been giving them the last 2 years, even thought they never played a relevant team.  We  will soon find out if Rome is for real or just "Folsom East".   = All hat no cattle.

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Rome better win to live up to all the Hype you've been giving them the last 2 years, even thought they never played a relevant team.  We  will soon find out if Rome is for real or just "Folsom East".   = All hat no cattle.

I think we are seeing a meeting of two mostly irrelevant teams. I guess in a way they both have a chance to prove themselves through the daisy chains off this meeting though. 

I trust our friends BufordGaWolves and ECHS on that Rome was the real deal last year though. 

I hope Marietta is the real deal, but have trouble trusting it for now.

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

You're proving his point. MD, SJB, Cen10, and DLS are always expected to win your state championship. 

Go back 4 years, both GA and CA each have three teams that have one, and one team that won twice in a row.  Pretty much the same I would say.  

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

A few things....

1.  If Marietta has to play with eligible players...then Rome should win.  Nobody is 100% sure that the Blue Devils will do that.

Rufus>>

Let me add some "texture" to this comment, if the Coaching staff had to play only those who are not currently residing with Packer coaches....

BGW

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Let me add some "texture" to this comment, if the Coaching staff had to play only those who are not currently residing with Packer coaches....

BGW

Please expand.  How many players are residing with Packer coaches....other than family members?

Rufus>>

10 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Had no overtime for championship then.

Another thought, in 06', our top class was 5A.

We have added 2 classes since.

The current class 7A is only 2 years old, 3 t

Things are changing constantly. CA added the openchampionship in 2008.  When I was in high school in MA years back, there wasn’t even playoffs.  Top 2 teams from each division went to the Super Bowl.  Made for some bad matchups.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Lets see, 

Georgia is in America.

This nation is America.

It is comprised of states.

Georgia is a state.

Georgia is part of this nation.

A nation of states. 

Georgia has high schools.

High schools in Georgia have football.

This is a football forum. 

It is high school football forum in the states that form a nation. 

ARE WE THERE YET?

OK then will you answer the original  question?  Which of those teams had relevant OOS wins or lost to OOS teams?