John brennan no longer has security clearances

HSFBfan

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

In what perspective? 8 people from the FBI has been fired and security clearances are going out the wayside. It's great news. 

It was a joke to GSB. 

Security clearances should lapse once a person leaves a job or agency that doesn’t require it.  This is really not an issue IMO.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

It was a joke to GSB. 

Security clearances should lapse once a person leaves a job or agency that doesn’t require it.  This is really not an issue IMO.

to the contrary...the purpose is for people who leave the gov't with much institutional knowledge have the ability to have access to current info. if needed to HELP current employees who may need some insight or different prospective on an issue...it's always been the case that ex-employees keep their status but not necessarily getting current updates...only on a "as needed basis"...

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It was a joke to GSB. 

Gotcha. If brennan is only longer part of a government agency why did he still have his security clearance

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Gotcha. If brennan is only longer part of a government agency why did he still have his security clearance

They usually just let it expire.  Top secret clearances are good for 5 years.  But having one doesn’t give a person a free look into all classified data, it’s all based on a having “a need to know”.  And so a person that left a gov agency for any reason has no need to know or have access to classified data regardless if their clearance is still active or not. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They usually just let it expire.  Top secret clearances are good for 5 years.  But having one doesn’t give a person a free look into all classified data, it’s all based on a having “a need to know”.  And so a person that left a gov agency for any reason has no need to know or have access to classified data regardless if their clearance is still active or not. 

Just shouldn't be active. Once you leave you should be turning in all your stuff. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Just shouldn't be active. Once you leave you should be turning in all your stuff. 

They do, but they usually let it stay “active” so that the individual can transfer into another agency that requires that clearance. 

He turned it off so it’s all good.  I have no problem with him doing it.

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

They do, but they usually let it stay “active” so that the individual can transfer into another agency that requires that clearance. 

He turned it off so it’s all good.  I have no problem with him doing it.

All good. No reason to make it bigger than I guess it is or isnt. Hopefully more people determinental to the Trump administration will be fired at the appropriate time. 

2 hours ago, DBP66 said:

to the contrary...the purpose is for people who leave the gov't with much institutional knowledge have the ability to have access to current info. if needed to HELP current employees who may need some insight or different prospective on an issue...it's always been the case that ex-employees keep their status but not necessarily getting current updates...only on a "as needed basis"...

Security clearances aren't a gift for a lifetime, they are pulled or allowed to expire, mine did.  If the president has lost trust in an individual, pulling their security clearance after they've left the agency is the right thing to do, regardless of what we think of the presIdent. 

security clearances aren't cheap either, so keeping them current  on the hope they come back to consult on an issue is not cost effective.  

This simply is not an issue to fall on the sword over, this happens to a ton of people after they leave an agency, from top execs to lower level peons. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

What's the issue? Brennan is an Obama informant who is apart of the deep state. 

The only issue about taking his clearance away was why did it take so long? 

Any other talking points are political propaganda

The top highlighted part is supported by the bottom one.  They define each other out. 

Just now, Horsefly said:

All of the deep state talk is politcal propaganda bs.

No it's not. It is facts that there was collusion against Trump in case he won the election. 

This isn't a conspiracy theory tabloid. Clinton paid a foreign spy to get dirt on a political opponent. The mueller investigation was created from corruption against Trump. The top FBI guys let Hillary off the hook because they thought she would be President. 

They put insurance policies in place that we have been seeing unfold in case Trump won the election. 

And they have CNN and MSNBC poisoning the minds of the American people by being their propaganda machine. 

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

No it's not. It is facts that there was collusion against Trump in case he won the election. 

This isn't a conspiracy theory tabloid. Clinton paid a foreign spy to get dirt on a political opponent. The mueller investigation was created from corruption against Trump. The top FBI guys let Hillary off the hook because they thought she would be President. 

They put insurance policies in place that we have been seeing unfold in case Trump won the election. 

And they have CNN and MSNBC poisoning the minds of the American people by being their propaganda machine. 

Most of this is conjecture and paranoia. This is silly bull, even for you.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Security clearances aren't a gift for a lifetime, they are pulled or allowed to expire, mine did.  If the president has lost trust in an individual, pulling their security clearance after they've left the agency is the right thing to do, regardless of what we think of the presIdent. 

security clearances aren't cheap either, so keeping them current  on the hope they come back to consult on an issue is not cost effective.  

This simply is not an issue to fall on the sword over, this happens to a ton of people after they leave an agency, from top execs to lower level peons. 

..I'm not falling on the sword for this but the concept of giving certain ex-employees clearance makes sense to me regardless of the cost...I'm sure a guy like Brennan (whether you like his politics or not) would be a good guy to get an opinion from on something he may have a vast knowledge of....and to stop this from happening for petty reasons makes no sense to me...

2 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

..I'm not falling on the sword for this but the concept of giving certain ex-employees clearance makes sense to me regardless of the cost...I'm sure a guy like Brennan (whether you like his politics or not) would be a good guy to get an opinion on something he may have a vast knowledge of....and to stop this from happening for petty reasons makes no sense to me...

What's the petty reasons? He is undermining this Presidency by spouting off at the mouth for no reason whatsoever. Acting very disrespectful.   He is an Obama hack who doesn't like Trump because he's apart of the swamp. 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

What's the petty reasons? He is undermining this Presidency by spouting off at the mouth for no reason whatsoever. Acting very disrespectful.   He is an Obama hack who doesn't like Trump because he's apart of the swamp. 

and the guy was the head of the CIA for years...he knows a LOT of information about world events and to not use his knowledge or get an opinion on something he may have better insight on than the current people in charge is stupid and all Americans lose out on this deal because Trump doesn't like the guy?!...what F*in shame Trump can't act like an adult for once for the better of the country...

• Thanks 1