Ga players attending camps.

954gator

I was a bit surprised by an article on Rome saying their kids don't attend any camps...is this a common occurrence for other Ga teams?   Is it that they aren't allowed to attend by their team or what is it?   Found it odd.  

Edit the article:

https://247sports.com/Article/Standouts-from-the-Rome-Wolves-versus-Grayson-Rams-practices-119962190/

8 hours ago, 954gator said:

I was a bit surprised by an article on Rome saying their kids don't attend any camps...is this a common occurrence for other Ga teams?   Is it that they aren't allowed to attend by their team or what is it?   Found it odd.  

I've heard that before about Rome. I'm sure it has to do with Coach Reid. Definitely doesn't help the players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Warrior said:

I hear it's a Rome thing. I'm pretty sure Adam Anderson didn't attend the Opening last year because of this policy. But whatever they are doing it's working. 

2 hours ago, Woodchopper said:

I've heard that before about Rome. I'm sure it has to do with Coach Reid. Definitely doesn't help the players.

Yeah, it doesn't matter when you have some blue chips at the school because scouts will go see the team, but man in today's era of recruiting and the way these sites are evaluating...

I guess it would maybe benefit the team, but the world isn't perfect nor fair and HS football should still be about the kids and their future.   Could you imagine if  Bama all of a sudden stopped having Pro Days? 

• Like 1

Here's a quote from the article...

Rayquan Jones- Again a name you will not know but the 2020 DT from Rome gave 2019 Auburn center commit Jakai Clark some issues at times. At the end of the practice, Grayson staff actually had Jones stand up in front of both teams and recognized him for his play on Friday.

https://247sports.com/Player/Rayquan-Jones-46057651/    

Another guy that stood out only had a Marshal offer.    Camps could help these kids get noticed.   If these kids were sick during that scrimmage or when a scout comes for some reason they risk not even being listed.      

59 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Here's a quote from the article...

Rayquan Jones- Again a name you will not know but the 2020 DT from Rome gave 2019 Auburn center commit Jakai Clark some issues at times. At the end of the practice, Grayson staff actually had Jones stand up in front of both teams and recognized him for his play on Friday.

https://247sports.com/Player/Rayquan-Jones-46057651/    

Another guy that stood out only had a Marshal offer.    Camps could help these kids get noticed.   If these kids were sick during that scrimmage or when a scout comes for some reason they risk not even being listed.      

That's where having a coach with a lot of college phone numbers in his contacts pays dividends.

Some teams can't rely solely on recruiting sites to list their kids. 

Colquitt (in the CRP era) has historically been a team where a lot of the players may deserve stars at 247 or Rivals but due to location we don't get a lot of the recruiting sites scouts in to see the kids. 

Some do attend camps but many either can't afford them or whatever so these kids don't get offers til late.

• Like 1